Register Now
JennyorAlice

Hogwarts Legacy

I'm super excited to see this game, it seems super cool and like a huge open world. I'll honestly be really curious about the usage and playing content when it comes to online play (will everyone see a handful of people they can interact with but then complete their own story, will online have its own story, etc.).

12 minutes ago, Syntax said:

I'm super excited to see this game, it seems super cool and like a huge open world. I'll honestly be really curious about the usage and playing content when it comes to online play (will everyone see a handful of people they can interact with but then complete their own story, will online have its own story, etc.).

This article Here would give you everything that you need to know about the game Hogwarts Legacy. There's definitely going to be a good story plot in the game and also lots of battle where you battle monsters and even your classmates. 

I hope multiplayer lives up to the hype. I may not be a huge Harry Potter fan by any means, but I do want to see a game like this succeed, because it looks like it could be a great MMO that will stretch on for years to come. If they do things right, it could be huge. 

On 8/17/2022 at 12:41 AM, Kane99 said:

I hope multiplayer lives up to the hype. I may not be a huge Harry Potter fan by any means, but I do want to see a game like this succeed, because it looks like it could be a great MMO that will stretch on for years to come. If they do things right, it could be huge. 

We have seen them do a lot of Harry Potter Movie Adaptations games and how it all panned out. With Hogwarts Legacy having more root into the game's historical setting, it's definitely got more to offer gamers now. I do hope it meets gamers expectations. 

On 8/17/2022 at 12:41 AM, Kane99 said:

That's true, this sort of MMO would have to involve a lot of in-game interactions between players while they still play to finish their own individual missions.

With all I have read I think it would do pretty great in multiplayer mode.

I've already pre-ordered this on the PS5 because it contained a bonus quest available on the platform. Plus, open world magic school; I'd say it's about time. I'm not a big HP fan either (I find the latter half of the movies kinda boring with their YA romance/drama), but just the idea of being able to attend a magic school like Hogwarts kinda draws me in... plus I always found the discussions of "which House do you belong in?" interesting (I was often slotted into Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff), so I'm glad that we can finally get slotted into those Houses for real this time.

13 hours ago, Akun said:

I've already pre-ordered this on the PS5 because it contained a bonus quest available on the platform. Plus, open world magic school; I'd say it's about time. I'm not a big HP fan either (I find the latter half of the movies kinda boring with their YA romance/drama), but just the idea of being able to attend a magic school like Hogwarts kinda draws me in... plus I always found the discussions of "which House do you belong in?" interesting (I was often slotted into Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff), so I'm glad that we can finally get slotted into those Houses for real this time.

I'm always thriller by anything that's related to magic and spells. It's one of the biggest reasons why I'm so interested in the game. I never missed any of their old and new movies. Slytherin have always been my favourite house - I love the sense of doing evil that's linked to the house. 

I was interested until I learned the game doesn't let you be a dark wizard or even cast dark magic (which was what I wanted to do). The online element worries me as well, as I was hoping for a single-player experience. That said, I haven't really read any articles on it in a year or two, so I'll give it another look after the finished product is out.

5 hours ago, HowHammerYou said:

I was interested until I learned the game doesn't let you be a dark wizard or even cast dark magic (which was what I wanted to do). The online element worries me as well, as I was hoping for a single-player experience. That said, I haven't really read any articles on it in a year or two, so I'll give it another look after the finished product is out.

But this isn't accurate at all. It's a single-player game and you can be a dark wizard. You even see the player character cast Avada Kedavra in a trailer.:classic_happy:

54 minutes ago, Tonberry said:

But this isn't accurate at all. It's a single-player game and you can be a dark wizard. You even see the player character cast Avada Kedavra in a trailer.:classic_happy:

I got curious and watched the most recent trailer after posting. Seems they backtracked and will allow the player to play as a dark wizard. Earlier in development, they specifically stated they would not have that in the game. Now I'm interested again.

On 9/8/2022 at 7:55 AM, HowHammerYou said:

It would be a very big letdown for the game if they ever try that with it. They know that very well which is why they allow you to explore your power as a wizard 🧙‍♂️ which ever way you want to. If a wizard is limited, he's definitely not a wizard. 

As someone who is a huge Harry Potter fan and I used to love playing the games years ago on the PlayStation I was super excited to hear there was another Harry Potter game coming out and I have been really excited for its release. Since finding out what was said by J.K.Rowling as much as I am very much excited for the game, I feel that because of what was said, getting the game now would just not feel right. I don't know. It's something I would love to play, and the game wouldn't just help J.K.Rowling but would help anyone involved in the movies and the game so it's a difficult situation and one that means all parties suffer.

I've seen a few reactions to people that recently had access to a preview version of the game and it's looking pretty promising.  I'm not a particularly big Harry Potter fan but I would probably pre-order this game if it weren't for J.K.Rowling being the transphobic cunt that she is.

I saw some things about the voice acting, and another video on facebook I think showcasing that you can swim around in this world. It drops February 10th for current gen consoles and PC, April 4th for Xbox One and PS4. Switch version drops on July 25th. 

I'm probably not going to play it, but from the videos I've watched, fans of Harry Potter are really going to love this game.