Register Now
DC

What is the first cartoon that comes to your mind when you think about your childhood

George Of The Jungle, and while not a cartoon per se, Fraggle Rock. They both come to mind for me. But you have to remember that I'm a child of the 80's, so cartoons were a lot different for me than just about everyone else here. There are a couple others.

Felix The Cat
Popeye
Looney Tunes (the original ones)
Scooby Doo (original series)
He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe
TMNT (original series)
Super Mario Bros. Super Show (Zelda on Fridays)

Those are just a handful. I also watched other shows like 21 Jumpstreet, In The Heat Of The Night, Bewitched, and I Love Lucy.

Edited by The Blackangel

There a lot

I loved Disney cartons about princesses and the like so I watched a lot of them

I watched all cartons from the Barbie series, Cinderella, dragon Ball, avatar the last air bender, Tom and Jerry , super Mario , beauty and the beast.

On 7/8/2022 at 4:09 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Tom and Jerry

This is only cartoon in the world for me that never gets old. No matter how many times I watch it, I still feel like a kid with it. It's so unique in amazing ways and not the wacky cartoons that's been dumped on Nickelodeon for kids now. 

A whole list but let me just list a few:

1. Batman The Animated Series
  2. GI Joe
  3. Thundercats
  4. Codename Kids Next Door
  5. Samurai Jack
  6. Ed, Edd N Eddy
  7. Spiderman the Animated Series
  8. Pokemon
  9. Digimon
  10. Dragon Ball Z (not a cartoon/ more of an anime but still)
  11. Scooby Doo Adventures
  12. Batman Beyond

I could name more but the list would be extremely long.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

A whole list but let me just list a few:

1. Batman The Animated Series
  2. GI Joe
  3. Thundercats
  4. Codename Kids Next Door
  5. Samurai Jack
  6. Ed, Edd N Eddy
  7. Spiderman the Animated Series
  8. Pokemon
  9. Digimon
  10. Dragon Ball Z (not a cartoon/ more of an anime but still)
  11. Scooby Doo Adventures
  12. Batman Beyond

I could name more but the list would be extremely long.

I have been looking an opportunity to rewatch the whole series on Samurai Jack if I should ever find one. Most of the cartoon network channels now doesn't even have it in what they show or maybe they feel it's no longer going to have a lot kids interested in it now but I highly doubt that no kid would enjoy watching Samurai Jack. I have tried watching it on YouTube but it's not arranged well and it makes it frustrating for me. I'd be interested in buying it in disc if I see it now. 

On 7/10/2022 at 5:18 PM, Justin11 said:

The season of the cartoon episode was just amazing. You can watch it below and have fun if you really enjoy the cartoon. 

https://youtu.be/atnp3K_ft6k

Back then when the soundtrack comes up on the TV , even if I was done something else I would come rushing down to the parlour to watch an episode, it was always streamed in Wednesday's and Fridays at 5pm on the local television.

9 hours ago, Heatman said:

I have been looking an opportunity to rewatch the whole series on Samurai Jack if I should ever find one. Most of the cartoon network channels now doesn't even have it in what they show or maybe they feel it's no longer going to have a lot kids interested in it now but I highly doubt that no kid would enjoy watching Samurai Jack. I have tried watching it on YouTube but it's not arranged well and it makes it frustrating for me. I'd be interested in buying it in disc if I see it now. 

Have you watched the final season of Samurai Jack where he finally gets back to the past to kill Aku? It was pretty mature compared to earlier seasons where he was dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts among other things.