Register Now
DC

What is the first cartoon that comes to your mind when you think about your childhood

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

Have you watched the final season of Samurai Jack where he finally gets back to the past to kill Aku? It was pretty mature compared to earlier seasons where he was dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts among other things.

I had the pleasure of watching it all back then. Jack really went through a lot in that series. I followed it closely on cartoon network channel and did my best never to miss any of the episodes. 

I really need to rewatch it all over again as an adult now because I believe that I'm going to appreciate it a lot more now than before. 

On 7/7/2022 at 8:20 PM, The Blackangel said:

George Of The Jungle, and while not a cartoon per se, Fraggle Rock. They both come to mind for me. But you have to remember that I'm a child of the 80's, so cartoons were a lot different for me than just about everyone else here. There are a couple others.

Felix The Cat
Popeye
Looney Tunes (the original ones)
Scooby Doo (original series)
He-Man And The Masters Of The Universe
TMNT (original series)

Super Mario Bros. Super Show (Zelda on Fridays)

Those are just a handful. I also watched other shows like 21 Jumpstreet, In The Heat Of The Night, Bewitched, and I Love Lucy.

I used to watch Felix on sick days because it used to come on when I was normally at school. Popeye, Looney Tunes, TMNT and He-man were also some of my favorites growing up not to mention Scooby Doo. Funnily enough, I've never watched the Super Mario Bros. Super show - when was it released?

I would also like to The Legend of Tarzan cartoon series as another one I enjoyed watching. At one point, I even tried to mimic how Tarzan walked like an ape being that he was raised by them. I got a good smack in the head by my mother 😂

5 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I would also like to The Legend of Tarzan cartoon series as another one I enjoyed watching. At one point, I even tried to mimic how Tarzan walked like an ape being that he was raised by them. I got a good smack in the head by my mother 😂

Legends of Tarzan was a really big name back then and I don't think there's is any kid in my neighborhood who didn't watch that cartoon and also this movie that is quite similar to the cartoon called George of the jungle.

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

Back then when the soundtrack comes up on the TV , even if I was done something else I would come rushing down to the parlour to watch an episode, it was always streamed in Wednesday's and Fridays at 5pm on the local television.

Correct, I love the cartoon back then too, one of my childhood favourite cartoons/animés. Just that I wasn't regularly watching it due to power issue in my locality. 

9 hours ago, Clasher said:

Legends of Tarzan was a really big name back then and I don't think there's is any kid in my neighborhood who didn't watch that cartoon and also this movie that is quite similar to the cartoon called George of the jungle.

George of the Jungle cartoon series wasn't that interesting like the Legend of Tarzan. It was the movie of George of the Jungle that's more rated high for me. I never completed all the episodes in George of the Jungle till date. 

George Of The Jungle was a great show. I always loved it.

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I've never watched the Super Mario Bros. Super show - when was it released?

1989. It ran for 52 episodes, so it didn't even run for a full year. But for it's short life span, it was a great show.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

1989. It ran for 52 episodes, so it didn't even run for a full year. But for it's short life span, it was a great show.

I'm going to look up episodes of it since I've never seen it before.

7 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Glad to know I am not the only one on this table. Lol

I enjoyed the show so much I had to learn how to climb trees and almost dislocated my wrist once trying to take a swing that landed me hard on the floor.

14 hours ago, Clasher said:

Glad to know I am not the only one on this table. Lol

I enjoyed the show so much I had to learn how to climb trees and almost dislocated my wrist once trying to take a swing that landed me hard on the floor.

I would never try to climb any tree in my life ever again because I almost died from a long hard fall from a mango tree when I was still a teenager. I should be around 12 years old when that happened. I broke my leg and it took me almost 2 years to recover. 

Some movies would never influence into trying to pull off what I saw it now because my bad experience with the tree climbing is still very fresh in my memory. 

I wouldn't let two years of my life waste because of injury, as a result of movie I tried emulating in real life. In as much as I loved watching cartoons in the past, I never emulated it's fighting scenes. I know tricks were attached, even in human movies. 

On 7/16/2022 at 2:01 PM, Heatman said:

I would never try to climb any tree in my life ever again because I almost died from a long hard fall from a mango tree when I was still a teenager. I should be around 12 years old when that happened. I broke my leg and it took me almost 2 years to recover. 

Some movies would never influence into trying to pull off what I saw it now because my bad experience with the tree climbing is still very fresh in my memory. 

My injury wasn't that severe but I definitely learnt my lessons and I stop climbing trees or trying to perform those stunts I usually watch in movies as a kid.

Another cartoon that I also enjoy very well in the 80's was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles where Michaelangelo, Raphael, Leonardo and Donatello alongside their friends April and Casey fight villians. It was a big thing for me back then.