Register Now
DC

What is the first cartoon that comes to your mind when you think about your childhood

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Modern day cartoons will never reach the iconic levels of the older cartoons.

With the rubbish agenda that Disney have been doing with their cartoon development, there's no way they would be able to have new cartoons meet up with what's done for us decades ago. 

On 7/20/2022 at 3:27 AM, Heatman said:

With the rubbish agenda that Disney have been doing with their cartoon development, there's no way they would be able to have new cartoons meet up with what's done for us decades ago. 

It's not just Disney to be fair, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and the others have all been guilty of dropping their standards as well. 

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's not just Disney to be fair, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and the others have all been guilty of dropping their standards as well. 

Yeah, that's true. They are no longer more interested in giving or developing something that's really unique and creative anymore. All they are interested now is the money they would make from their nonsense just like what's going on now in video game's industry too. 

On 7/27/2022 at 4:19 AM, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's true. They are no longer more interested in giving or developing something that's really unique and creative anymore. All they are interested now is the money they would make from their nonsense just like what's going on now in video game's industry too. 

It's a media wide thing - games/movies/cartoons/comics of today lack any real identity. The just follow what works and don't really try to go against the grain.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's a media wide thing - games/movies/cartoons/comics of today lack any real identity. The just follow what works and don't really try to go against the grain.

It's quite a shame and embarrassing that there's nothing much we can do about it. We can't give up all of them at the same because there wouldn't be much left in terms of media entertainment for us. It's why whenever I get a chance to watch any of the old cartoons, I always give it all the attention I can spare because they are rare. 

On 7/26/2022 at 8:46 PM, killamch89 said:

Cartoon Network,

In all you mentioned I think cartoon Network fits perfectly in the description of cartoon TV network that have drastically dropped standards and doesn't broadcast any good stuffs any more.

After the days of Ben 10 and the likes.

There are quite a good number of hilarious cartoons on the Cartoon Network channel that I really enjoyed back and I'd still be interested in watching then today. They are as follows;

1. Ed, Edd n Eddy

2. Cow and Chicken 

3. Johnny Braco 

4. I Am Weasel

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

There are quite a good number of hilarious cartoons on the Cartoon Network channel that I really enjoyed back and I'd still be interested in watching then today. They are as follows;

1. Ed, Edd n Eddy

2. Cow and Chicken 

3. Johnny Braco 

4. I Am Weasel

I totally forgot those two especially Johnny Bravo. I haven't seen I am Weasel since the 90's but it was a pretty good one as well

16 hours ago, Clasher said:

In all you mentioned I think cartoon Network fits perfectly in the description of cartoon TV network that have drastically dropped standards and doesn't broadcast any good stuffs any more.

After the days of Ben 10 and the likes.

To be honest, even before Ben 10, the standards were already dropping.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

I totally forgot those two especially Johnny Bravo. I haven't seen I am Weasel since the 90's but it was a pretty good one as well

Johnny Bravo really rubbed off me very well back then. I always loved his biceps and how broad his chest was that I was trying to pump up and carry up my chest to be like his own 😂. It's only his skinny legs that I looked very funny. 

12 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Im not sure if it this has been mentioned already but does somebody remember Xiaolin Showdown? I loved watching that on WB kids on saturday mornings

Of course yes, I did rememberd Xiaolin Showdown. I watched all the 52 or 53 episodes it comes with it and it was pure fun back then. They don't make animated series like that anymore. 

On 7/29/2022 at 12:03 PM, Heatman said:

Johnny Braco 

This was a complete classic, I loved that carton so much back in the days.

On 7/29/2022 at 8:39 PM, killamch89 said:

To be honest, even before Ben 10, the standards were already dropping.

You could say that too, they just took away the fun stuffs and Started broadcasting boring cartons , I would prefer Nickelodeon anyday.

On 7/29/2022 at 4:09 PM, kingpotato said:

Im not sure if it this has been mentioned already but does somebody remember Xiaolin Showdown? I loved watching that on WB kids on saturday mornings

Yeah, I remember when it used to come on Kids WB on Saturdays. Dojo and Jack are the two most hilarious characters in the show.

I would say.. Inspector Gadget 🕵️

My brother and I would watch this every morning right before school. Eating brown sugar Pop Tarts and coffee. That's right, Mom allowed us to drink coffee in the morning. Maybe it's a Polish thing 🇵🇱 I don't know. Never did us any harm

On 8/3/2022 at 3:25 PM, Clasher said:

This was a complete classic, I loved that carton so much back in the days.

I haven't seen any cartoons made that's something similar to Johnny till now. These guys don't really know how to do things in again when it comes to developing incredible and classic cartoons.