Jump to content
Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games missing key ending slides

Recommended Posts

While watching the Dragon Age: Origins end slides again the other night, I realized how weird it is that there is not a slide for every companion—or even most of them! Only two companions got slides.

What other games are missing key ending slides?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Dumb ass time again for me.

I don't know what you mean by "slides". What are they? The only slide I know is the one I put my ass on and go down onto the ground just so I can get a bunch of rocks in my underwear.

Edited by The Blackangel
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

Dumb ass time again for me.

I don't know what you mean by "slides". What are they? The only slide I know is the one I put my ass on and go down onto the ground just so I can get a bunch of rocks in my underwear.

Think of slides as pages to a presentation. In the instance of Fallout: New Vegas, you'll see the aftermath of the campaign: who went on to do what, and how the Mojave Wasteland fares after your adventures. Still images accompanied by text and narration.

In answer to the question I don't know any games that are missing ending slides. On the contrary, F:NV mentioned above has slides for things you don't do. It took me a while to figure out the means of destroying the Powder Gangers in their newly acquired vault hideout.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

Think of slides as pages to a presentation. In the instance of Fallout: New Vegas, you'll see the aftermath of the campaign: who went on to do what, and how the Mojave Wasteland fares after your adventures. Still images accompanied by text and narration.

In answer to the question I don't know any games that are missing ending slides. On the contrary, F:NV mentioned above has slides for things you don't do. It took me a while to figure out the means of destroying the Powder Gangers in their newly acquired vault hideout.

 

Wow, Fallout New Vegas really did go all out on the slides. This is the first I ever heard of it. Almost seems generic to me but I guess if you have multiple characters with unfinished business, then that seems the easiest way to justify using them. Actually, I do remember some military games having it which I think that type of historical theme is probably the best suited for slides. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't really think about games missing key ending slides Maybe because I never really paid any close attention to it.

Well , this thread is an eye opener for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

Wow, Fallout New Vegas really did go all out on the slides. This is the first I ever heard of it.

It could be said that this began with Fallout 3 and Todd Howard's "over 200 endings" statement. What he meant by that is, if I recall correctly, there's over 200 combinations of slides. It's like when talking about permutations in a deck of 52 playing cards. Technically there's over 200 endings; it doesn't mean they're each going to enhance the experience, and it's also why I've long since been unimpressed by the number of endings a developer boasts their game to have.

Fallout: New Vegas does its ending slides well because each of the factions have so many things that you can change within them. Two players could allow Caesar's Legion to take the Dam, but the people who made it happen could be completely different and will go on to shape the future of the Wasteland differently.

You can look at the older Fallout games and how they did their endings. Not as dramatic an extent as Todd Howard's claims, and not as meaningful as New Vegas', but definitely worth playing through multiple times to correct old choices and see new ones.

Anyway, I'm diverting this conversation more into the realms of ending slides rather than games missing them. Apologies to the OP for that, I hope I've steered us back on course.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...