Register Now
Kane99

Session: Skate Sim Final Trailer Dropped

With the news that Skate is making a comeback, it looks like the team behind Session have released a new trailer announcing the final release date. This game has been out since 2019 in an early access state, but the final release is coming this September 22nd. I was thinking of getting the game now on early access, but I might wait until its official release. 

Check out the trailer below, and let us know what you think. 

It's published by Nacon and the fact it's not a full priced game, i woulden't get my hopes up high. It definatly peaked my interested but it's likely going to be a game that will go on sale pretty fast so i'll hold off on it until that happens.

While I'm perfectly happy with more skateboarding games (seriously, why did the genre dry up as rapidly as it did?), I'm not overly impressed with Nacon being in charge. Between their 'meh' lineup of released and upcoming titles, as well as their dispute with Frogwares over Sherlock Holmes and The Sinking City (who have also muddied the waters of legality), I'd say I'll hold off on buying this in Early Access or even after launch. I'm not that desperate to play this.

9 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

It's published by Nacon and the fact it's not a full priced game, i woulden't get my hopes up high. It definatly peaked my interested but it's likely going to be a game that will go on sale pretty fast so i'll hold off on it until that happens.

It's currently on sale for $18.74, but is originally $24.99. This of course is for the early access version. I'm going to assume it will go up to $30 once it meets its final release window. 

8 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

While I'm perfectly happy with more skateboarding games (seriously, why did the genre dry up as rapidly as it did?), I'm not overly impressed with Nacon being in charge. Between their 'meh' lineup of released and upcoming titles, as well as their dispute with Frogwares over Sherlock Holmes and The Sinking City (who have also muddied the waters of legality), I'd say I'll hold off on buying this in Early Access or even after launch. I'm not that desperate to play this.

I don't know much about Nacon, but I do remember hearing about a dispute for a Sherlock Holmes game and the companies behind it. What happened there? 

As for the game, I'm considering it because it's kinda cheap right now. But I'm just too cheap to buy games at the moment. So I might still wait until it's lower priced. 

Forgive me for being a bit not impressed with this trailer. There isn't much to it in terms of the moves in it. They could have done better. If this trailer was supposed to convince me into buying the game, I'm afraid it's failed woefully. 

24 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

I don't know much about Nacon, but I do remember hearing about a dispute for a Sherlock Holmes game and the companies behind it. What happened there? 

Basically Frogwares and Nacon are in a kerfuffle over who owns the rights and royalties to which properties and sales, respectively. It's still up in the air but for the time being Nacon are still going ahead with operations. In the case of The Sinking City, the game on Steam (which comes and goes from the storefront) is the incomplete version with content and DLC missing. It's a mess to say the least.

More power to you and those who buy it, but I won't do so until I know which side of things is the right one to be on. I hope I figure that out before Greedfall 2 releases.

5 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Basically Frogwares and Nacon are in a kerfuffle over who owns the rights and royalties to which properties and sales, respectively. It's still up in the air but for the time being Nacon are still going ahead with operations. In the case of The Sinking City, the game on Steam (which comes and goes from the storefront) is the incomplete version with content and DLC missing. It's a mess to say the least.

More power to you and those who buy it, but I won't do so until I know which side of things is the right one to be on. I hope I figure that out before Greedfall 2 releases.

Ok I think I remember hearing something about that. 

Wasn't there another studio recent in hot water because of some vampire game? One studio made it and I guess another was making another. I don't remember much about it, but I remember hearing something similar.

20 hours ago, Heatman said:

Forgive me for being a bit not impressed with this trailer. There isn't much to it in terms of the moves in it. They could have done better. If this trailer was supposed to convince me into buying the game, I'm afraid it's failed woefully. 

So, I was so bugged by this final release trailer that I had to go and look for the first announcement or reveal trailer which looked a lot more better in my opinion. The scene, the weather and even some stunts used in it was better. In my opinion, they should scrap that last trailer or redo it. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

So, I was so bugged by this final release trailer that I had to go and look for the first announcement or reveal trailer which looked a lot more better in my opinion. The scene, the weather and even some stunts used in it was better. In my opinion, they should scrap that last trailer or redo it. 

I don't know. I think maybe it's because the new trailer is during the night, so maybe it didn't highlight the effects as much. I'm still really interested in checking it out, but I am going to wait until this goes on sale some more before I consider picking it up. I want to grab it, but I'm being frugal with my money these days. 

18 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I don't know. I think maybe it's because the new trailer is during the night, so maybe it didn't highlight the effects as much. I'm still really interested in checking it out, but I am going to wait until this goes on sale some more before I consider picking it up. I want to grab it, but I'm being frugal with my money these days. 

The night setting didn't help the trailer in anyway the way I see it. Even if they felt like it's necessary to have it in the night, they should have added proper lighting to it in order to brighten it up. 

Anyways, that's by the way. I hope when it gets released, it's going to meet the expectations gamers have towards it. 

Also with the news that Skate is going to be a free to play live service game, this may pose a problem for the Session crew. They do have a head start, but I think once Skate drops, Session will be forgotten. Would be interesting to see if they try to go the live service route. Could benefit them to do so. 

7 hours ago, Empire said:

I hope this release is better than the clown show SkaterXL was. But we will see right 🙂 

I managed to play SkaterXL on Nintendo Switch and it was horrible in every way I can imagine. Sometimes when these guys develop and releases games, you would be wondering how or what's wrong with them, like it's their first time? 

15 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I managed to play SkaterXL on Nintendo Switch and it was horrible in every way I can imagine. Sometimes when these guys develop and releases games, you would be wondering how or what's wrong with them, like it's their first time? 

I heard about that one, but didn't hear whether it was good or bad. I decided to look into it some more and it's got great reviews on Steam. Maybe the Switch version is just not as good compared to the PC version. I know the Switch has its limits, maybe they had to tone the graphics/other aspects down a bit to work better. But I could be wrong. 

The studio behind this only has this game on their record, at least according to steam. So maybe they are first time devs. 

I started gaining interest in video games that featured skating when I purchased Olli Olli world , it a cool game as well, but not as definitive as this one but I am pretty sure you would like. Available on Nintendo and PlayStation consoles.

I would also like to play this one you mentioned in the thread, but I feel this has way cooler graphics.