Register Now
Techno

Point and Click/Adventure Games

Thanks for the video @Heatman I watched it and to be honest blade runner seems like a really Intriguing game for a point and click adventure game made in the late 90's and I enjoyed the story.

I think there is a movie called blade runner as well which I saw quite a long time ago and seeing the review brought it all back to my memory.

16 hours ago, Clasher said:

Thanks for the video @Heatman I watched it and to be honest blade runner seems like a really Intriguing game for a point and click adventure game made in the late 90's and I enjoyed the story.

I think there is a movie called blade runner as well which I saw quite a long time ago and seeing the review brought it all back to my memory.

Yeah, there's a movie on Blade Runner as well which is based off on series. If I remembered correctly, it should be about 5 series release of the movie. 

I haven't really played point and click games as much as I have for adventure games.

I like adventure games more especially the adventure games with action in them.

Genshin impact, RDR2, God of war , the witcher 3 and the likes.

Another point and click adventure video game which I enjoyed playing was Machinarium. It's a game where you play as a robot 🤖 Josef in eponymous city of Machinarium where your aim it to foil a gang's bombs plan by interacting with a lot of objects in the game to save the clock's tower in the puzzle solving adventure game. 

Well, I've played a lot of visual novels, but I'm not sure that count. lol

I did enjoy Telltale's Walking Dead series, even if your decisions have less impact than certain other "your choices matter" games. There's charm in these games, I suppose, but I find the puzzle elements of these games boring and annoying.

I've also played a lot of Newgrounds point-and-click flash games. Those usually had a fun and unique narrative you wouldn't get in mainstream AAA games. They're short too, making them easily digestible as you move from one game to another.

Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick did an excellent job in their creation of  Thimbleweed Park in 2017. Being in line with solving murder case as an FBI agent in the game was quite entertaining because of the brilliant twists in the game that keeps you pushing further. 

On 7/9/2022 at 4:23 AM, Withywarlock said:

I tend to enjoy the more obscure and frankly deranged ones like Harvester (content warning for all manner of things below):

However I would like to get more into Broken Sword, and also try out the Monkey Island games for their Douglas Adams/Monty Python-esque humour. Those are the sorts of adventure game where despite their wackiness they at least make sense.

The Broken Sword series is one of the best written point and click games I've ever played. The story is always so immersive and what usually starts out as a simple situation turns into some kind of doomsday plot. From the original GBA game, I was so hooked.

On 7/9/2022 at 10:23 AM, Withywarlock said:

I tend to enjoy the more obscure and frankly deranged ones like Harvester (content warning for all manner of things below):

However I would like to get more into Broken Sword, and also try out the Monkey Island games for their Douglas Adams/Monty Python-esque humour. Those are the sorts of adventure game where despite their wackiness they at least make sense.

I can't believe I missed this upload, it's so hilarious and I couldn't believe such a game existed until I made my own research about it.

One that I really enjoyed was the Mata Nui Online Game, back in 2001. Looking back at it, it wasn't exactly deep mechanically (it was just a point-and-click adventure, after all), but it oozed charm!

Got me hooked on Bionicle for the next few years.

9 minutes ago, Kyng said:

One that I really enjoyed was the Mata Nui Online Game, back in 2001. Looking back at it, it wasn't exactly deep mechanically (it was just a point-and-click adventure, after all), but it oozed charm!

Got me hooked on Bionicle for the next few years.

I knew about Mata Nui online game but I didn't have a Windows system to play at that time , I only ever watched my older siblings play it back then. 

On 10/28/2022 at 11:30 PM, Justin11 said:

I knew about Mata Nui online game but I didn't have a Windows system to play at that time , I only ever watched my older siblings play it back then. 

A shame... did they never let you play 😞

2 hours ago, Kyng said:

A shame... did they never let you play 😞

I was just a kid then, I was only allowed to watch and sometimes I wasn't even allowed into their room when his friends are around, glad I got the game boy pocket version which I used to play with all the Time.

I remember when I was younger back in the 90's I would sit for hours on point and click adventure games and would get so hooked on these games because there was so much you could do in these games. Roll forward to now and I still love to play these kinds of games. I believe New World is one of the most recent games that had a point and click feature when you play. Unfortunately, as much as I do enjoy that game, with my PC being the way it is it's not handling some games very well so I have not been able to play that game as much as I would have liked. I love that they are still releasing games with the point and click.