Register Now
StaceyPowers

Silly completionist things you did as a gaming newbie

When I first got into fast cars racer games I was only about winning races , I didn't pay any attention to the other tasks that Comes with a competition like performing some stunts that gives you points, I just play and crash into other cars and try to win the race at all cost. 

Is there anyone who relates to this too?

Only weird ideas crossed my mind, I only searched for a way to gain advantage on every game I started, by getting each of their cheat codes. That was my behavioral pattern as a newbie during my early stages playing games. Such made me to delve into searching for cheat codes to make my playing look easier for me and also take advantage of my fellow gamers. 

When I came of age 5-7 years ago, I realized that such ideas and acts of mine aren't supposed to stay with me, I just have to delist cheat off my life, I play as the game is made and that's the best way to enjoy any game. 

Edited by Justin11

Played the game is a weired way 😛 I play as they are, the only time when I got crazy that with Halo the first game. I have done this so many times that one day I used a cheat software that allows you to skip and pause and use god mod, anyway I always keep killing myself and others around me as there is a 30secs death roll, and it's funny to see that and different ways of seeing your death.

Maybe trying to go for all the pigeons in GTA IV or whatever it was I had to collect in San Andreas, vice city it GTA III. But now days I can't be bothered to collect everything in a game. I'm just too damn lazy to do that these days lol. 

I can remember setting the game at easy mode because I wanted to have the game completed without much troubles. I felt it was the best way to go at the game but with time I knew better. It should be Contra back then if my memory serves me correctly and playing it on easy mode, I had every stage cleared out like a piece of cake 😂

On 7/10/2022 at 4:08 PM, Justin11 said:

Only weird ideas crossed my mind, I only searched for a way to gain advantage on every game I started, by getting each of their cheat codes. That was my behavioral pattern as a newbie during my early stages playing games. Such made me to delve into searching for cheat codes to make my playing look easier for me and also take advantage of my fellow gamers. 

I did exactly  that when I first got into GTA : SA on my PS2, cheats were so much fun to use then and make the game a lot more easier.

But as I advanced more in gaming I lost interest in cheat codes and play video games as it is.

8 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I did exactly  that when I first got into GTA : SA on my PS2, cheats were so much fun to use then and make the game a lot more easier.

But as I advanced more in gaming I lost interest in cheat codes and play video games as it is.

Playing video games as it was made brings more fun and worth playing. This days I don't fancy much of the cheat codes, if not for Heatman that suggested me cheats around GTA V, when I lost interest in them. 

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Playing video games as it was made brings more fun and worth playing. This days I don't fancy much of the cheat codes, if not for Heatman that suggested me cheats around GTA V, when I lost interest in them. 

My video game fantasies and expectations as a gaming newbie is totally different from what it is now.

Back then we usually competed for who knows the coolest cheat codes and all that, now I can't even enjoy my video games well with them.

9 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

You actually asked for it in your post stating if you could get your hands on any of the cheat codes before I have them given out for you. You still had the choice to ignore them anyways but you probably didn't, but that's by the way anyways. 

5 minutes ago, Clasher said:

My video game fantasies and expectations as a gaming newbie is totally different from what it is now.

Back then we usually competed for who knows the coolest cheat codes and all that, now I can't even enjoy my video games well with them.

That's true, it was same with me and my friend. We go research to discover top cheat codes for both mobile and console games, just to know who is the best in discovering working cheats. And we apply them in game and take advantage of AI opponents including fellow gamers who doesn't have it. Some of my friends made some money selling cheat codes they discovered to some of our mates back then. 

That's childhood lifestyle, it can't be compared now, life has advanced and I'm thinking much more about other things of life, I play when I'm very much less busy. 

1 minute ago, Heatman said:

You actually asked for it in your post stating if you could get your hands on any of the cheat codes before I have them given out for you. You still had the choice to ignore them anyways but you probably didn't, but that's by the way anyways. 

Lol, I got your points. I had the option to reject the cheat codes which you shared it's link, but I didn't, because I developed love for it. You didn't force me, it's something I choose to go for and I'm using most of them that was listed in the link via GTA V. 

11 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I usually tend to play alone when I was still a newbie with most games unless it's something that I can't avoid. The reason why I chose to play that way would be for my guys not to make fun of me for being a noob. 

10 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

That's true, it was same with me and my friend. We go research to discover top cheat codes for both mobile and console games, just to know who is the best in discovering working cheats. And we apply them in game and take advantage of AI opponents including fellow gamers who doesn't have it. Some of my friends made some money selling cheat codes they discovered to some of our mates back then. 

That's childhood lifestyle, it can't be compared now, life has advanced and I'm thinking much more about other things of life, I play when I'm very much less busy. 

It was actually crazy fun then though 👌

There was this kid in my clique who sold cheat codes to other gamers younger than us or who didn't know how to get access to cheat codes and we spent those money we made on purchasing new video games.

2 minutes ago, Clasher said:

It was actually crazy fun then though 👌

There was this kid in my clique who sold cheat codes to other gamers younger than us or who didn't know how to get access to cheat codes and we spent those money we made on purchasing new video games.

Back then, cheat codes cost money, I even spent on some mobile game cheats just to take advantage of my elder brothers, and it gave me that advantage. When I concerted the money spent on those cheats is by far more than what I spent getting the games.