Register Now
StaceyPowers

Series you have abandoned

On 7/30/2022 at 11:51 AM, Heatman said:

There's been some chatters that GTA 6 isn't going to meet the expectations we have on it and I hope that's doesn't come to be so because should that happen, it's going to be a big loss on Rockstar's part because with GTA 5 still making them a lot of money and GTA 6 dropped to be a let down, it's going to affect their sales. 

That's true,

But despite all that has been happening around GTA and all the frenzy it's causing among their fans I still haven't been able to get back into the series.

I just stopped playing it and despite the fact that I read about it and watch game play videos I didn't purchase GTA V.

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's true,

But despite all that has been happening around GTA and all the frenzy it's causing among their fans I still haven't been able to get back into the series.

I just stopped playing it and despite the fact that I read about it and watch game play videos I didn't purchase GTA V.

One thing that I can think of that made it that way for you would probably be that you have been burnt out by the game in one way. I have had that experience with playing FIFA series. At one point, I was completely off for me to get into playing it again. 

On 7/30/2022 at 6:51 AM, Heatman said:

There's been some chatters that GTA 6 isn't going to meet the expectations we have on it and I hope that's doesn't come to be so because should that happen, it's going to be a big loss on Rockstar's part because with GTA 5 still making them a lot of money and GTA 6 dropped to be a let down, it's going to affect their sales. 

I doubt GTA 6 will be a failure. It will still sell a ton like GTA V did. On top of that, I bet that GTA 6 will have a similar online mode but even more advanced and let's face it, that's what is going to be popular for them.

The single player may be tamed down some to change with the times, but I feel like they can still make a great game. 

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I doubt GTA 6 will be a failure. It will still sell a ton like GTA V did. On top of that, I bet that GTA 6 will have a similar online mode but even more advanced and let's face it, that's what is going to be popular for them.

The single player may be tamed down some to change with the times, but I feel like they can still make a great game. 

You kinda sound right in most of that and I do believe so GTA 6 would have some cooler features too that's similar and better from what we have in GTA 5. The online mode do have to be better and fully supported, otherwise it's going to be hit and miss. 

Another series I kinda abandoned was metal gear solid. I got the phantom pain for the xbone years ago. I played a bit, but never beat it. And honestly not sure I want to go back to it. On top of that, with Kojima gone, I don't think I'll bother with a future metal gear game. 

19 hours ago, Heatman said:

You kinda sound right in most of that and I do believe so GTA 6 would have some cooler features too that's similar and better from what we have in GTA 5. The online mode do have to be better and fully supported, otherwise it's going to be hit and miss. 

Simply put, it's GTA. Every title in the series has sold well. GTA V broke sales records. It's very likely a sequel would possibly break even more records. 

On 8/1/2022 at 1:50 PM, Heatman said:

One thing that I can think of that made it that way for you would probably be that you have been burnt out by the game in one way. I have had that experience with playing FIFA series. At one point, I was completely off for me to get into playing it again. 

I guess that could be the case, I would get back into it but for now I am more interested in the God of war series.

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Another series I kinda abandoned was metal gear solid. I got the phantom pain for the xbone years ago. I played a bit, but never beat it. And honestly not sure I want to go back to it. On top of that, with Kojima gone, I don't think I'll bother with a future metal gear game. 

Simply put, it's GTA. Every title in the series has sold well. GTA V broke sales records. It's very likely a sequel would possibly break even more records. 

I read online where one guy said that GTA 5 would be the last of the franchise he's going to play. According to him, yes, the gameplay is good but in a way, it's the same thing they are repeating in a different way which most gamers don't care much about it. He's got a point by the way but I believe I'm going to be play GTA 6, then after that we might think of taking a break from it. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

I read online where one guy said that GTA 5 would be the last of the franchise he's going to play. According to him, yes, the gameplay is good but in a way, it's the same thing they are repeating in a different way which most gamers don't care much about it. He's got a point by the way but I believe I'm going to be play GTA 6, then after that we might think of taking a break from it. 

Of course, Rockstar needs to innovate with GTA VI because it's clear their formula is a bit dated. For the most part GTA and RDR 1 and 2 are simple in how you do missions. You get an objective, you complete it, then move on to the next mission. Each mission usually consists of shootouts, doing much of the same thing over and over. And that's fine, but after a while you can only do so much of the same thing before it becomes tedious. 

I find GTA at times to be very tedious. Also, the mission paths are usually the same, in that you have one clear path to do the job, and it's usually killing everyone in an area. Well, why not add stealth sections where you can get through it by only killing one person? Or a mission that has multiple different paths you can take, to make the story a bit different each time. 

I think they kinda tried to change it up in RDR2, but it still felt like the same go from point A to point B, kill this group of people, go back to Point A, but watch out, there's a group of baddies coming after you. I feel like that's every mission in that game aside from a few. It's still a great game, but could have benefitted from more options I think. Najey Jakey on YouTube I think his name is, made a good video on how Rockstar's game design is dated. 

Found it: 

Edited by Kane99

On 8/3/2022 at 7:19 PM, Kane99 said:

Of course, Rockstar needs to innovate with GTA VI because it's clear their formula is a bit dated. For the most part GTA and RDR 1 and 2 are simple in how you do missions. You get an objective, you complete it, then move on to the next mission. Each mission usually consists of shootouts, doing much of the same thing over and over. And that's fine, but after a while you can only do so much of the same thing before it becomes tedious. 

I find GTA at times to be very tedious. Also, the mission paths are usually the same, in that you have one clear path to do the job, and it's usually killing everyone in an area. Well, why not add stealth sections where you can get through it by only killing one person? Or a mission that has multiple different paths you can take, to make the story a bit different each time. 

I think they kinda tried to change it up in RDR2, but it still felt like the same go from point A to point B, kill this group of people, go back to Point A, but watch out, there's a group of baddies coming after you. I feel like that's every mission in that game aside from a few. It's still a great game, but could have benefitted from more options I think. Najey Jakey on YouTube I think his name is, made a good video on how Rockstar's game design is dated. 

Found it: 

The guy actually have a very good point about the gaming mechanics that Rockstar used in most of the game especially when he was narrating what is obtainable when you are playing Red Dead Redemption 2.

They have two different gaming mechanics set in the same game which makes sticky. If it's supposed to be an open world game, you are supposed to have a complete freedom on how you want to play but they will still force you to play in a certain way and if you don't, you will fail the mission. 

44 minutes ago, Heatman said:

The guy actually have a very good point about the gaming mechanics that Rockstar used in most of the game especially when he was narrating what is obtainable when you are playing Red Dead Redemption 2.

They have two different gaming mechanics set in the same game which makes sticky. If it's supposed to be an open world game, you are supposed to have a complete freedom on how you want to play but they will still force you to play in a certain way and if you don't, you will fail the mission. 

Yeah he goes into detail about how Rockstar and their outdated development is hurting things. I especially liked when he talked about how in games he likes to experiment with different ways of completing a mission, but was unable to as it pretty much makes you do it in a certain way. 

There are some things you can do differently. Like when Micah is in the jail and you have to break him out. Instead of blowing the wall up, you can instead go into the police station and get him that way. I want to see more like that, where you can do multiple things to get the job done. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah he goes into detail about how Rockstar and their outdated development is hurting things. I especially liked when he talked about how in games he likes to experiment with different ways of completing a mission, but was unable to as it pretty much makes you do it in a certain way. 

There are some things you can do differently. Like when Micah is in the jail and you have to break him out. Instead of blowing the wall up, you can instead go into the police station and get him that way. I want to see more like that, where you can do multiple things to get the job done. 

Exactly!! Giving gamers the freedom to decide how they want to get tasks done and get their results would definitely give a more satisfying feeling. Even in the Micah's case, you can decide to have a guard bribed and have him smuggled out in form of one of the dead inmates. 

3 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly!! Giving gamers the freedom to decide how they want to get tasks done and get their results would definitely give a more satisfying feeling. Even in the Micah's case, you can decide to have a guard bribed and have him smuggled out in form of one of the dead inmates. 

Oh really? I didn't know you could also do that. Damn, now it want to replay that mission just to see if I can give that a try. Last time I went in guns blazing. Next time I'll try it that way though. 

Actually scratch that, I may be able to replay any mission via the game menu. Will try that. 

It's been a long while I played any of the F.F series games. Since it's developers wants to push it to edition 20, with almost repetitive features, I decided to stay off a little bit to see if their will be any tangible improvement through it's future sequels.