Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you found more fun after you knew you could beat them?

Well, the first thing that comes to my mind when I want to get a new video game or Start a new game is "I'm I going to enjoy this game" then I just go ahead  to find out if it would be worth my time.

A few game play would fully convince me if I am going to enjoy the game and if I should proceed with it.

That is something constantly on my mind I struggle with. Almost like a type of game anxiety. I remember there being another thread about gaming anxiety and I don't think I really understood it till now. I'll try to explain. Sometimes I neglect a game for too long and I lose story immersion so I start a new game and play focusing on story and progression till I get up to my current game save spot, then I open that save and continue from there as if I never started all over. Doing that, I realize that I have less anxiety and get through it and enjoy it because I know what happens. My first playthroughs I always try so hard to get everything perfect, even my surroundings at home so I don't bust concentration in a cutscene. And that gives me anxiety when I know the story cut scene is about to kick in. So yeah, I find it enjoyable playing through a game I already have played. When I played TLOU2, I played it a second time right away back to back. The first time I was so preoccupied at times with scenery. The second play was story focused and fast paced and very enjoyable because I already knew what was going to happen. I didn't have to slap myself to focus. lol

The only time such anxiety can cross my mind, is when I go on a bet with someone that is very experienced via MMO or offline multiplayer contest. When monetary asset is attached to betting my mind always skips, as for other games I started as a newbie the anxiety or tension wouldn't be much. 

Edited by Justin11

Whats the point in playing a game to then not complete it? That doesn't seem to make sense to me because it means you don't finish the story of the game. I complete every game I play because I like seeing how it ends. I also go on to play through it a further 1, 2 or 3 times on different difficulties.

GTA for one and also red dead... 

When I was a kid it was probably super Mario bros 3. I got near the end as a kid and remember feeling proud of myself because of it. I remember being mad that I kept failing, but getting near the end was still something awesome to me. 

I can only think about playing The Punisher on my SEGA console back then. It was that difficult to complete the game. It gave me sleepless night to have the game completed and playing it solo was mission impossible because there's no way you would survive. When I eventually had it completed, I lost interest in repeating it with the quest to complete it again because I know how difficult that was. I just played it for fun.