Register Now
StaceyPowers

Do you try to avoid a high civilian death toll?

Lol, I don't really give a damn about who dies or who is spared.

I'm all about the fun, it's a video game so I am not really expecting to feel any sense of emotion when I shoot down a civilian or some other characters in the game, unless it is specifically instructed in the game that I shouldn't kill that particular target and if I do I will have to start the level all over again just like what happens in GTA.

I try my best to minimise casualties but I have no sympathy for NPCs who get in the way having tried to be patient with them. I particularly dislike when games such as Prototype(?) have achievements for killing fewer than 10 civilians for the entire game, but the game gives you too many abilities that do area of effect damage and such.

How about you OP?

It depends if you get punished or not for killing npc's. I'm usually trying to play as the good person, like in Rdr 2 your honour goes down pretty fast if you start hurting a few npc characters and since i wanted arthur to be a semi modern robin hood i tried to avoid it as much as possible. Gta v doesen't really punish you for going on a rampage so it's always satisfying to take out your anger, if you have a bad day on some npc's lol.

21 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

like in Rdr 2 your honour goes down pretty fast if you start hurting a few npc characters and since i wanted arthur to be a semi modern robin hood

For games like this I don't go on a Killing spree I just try as much as possible to stick to only the targets, for mad Max I don't really care because everyone other characters in the game is usually after your Life.

For GTA SA I think there was a mission which you are not allowed to kill a particular npc there and if you do you will have to start the level all over again.

At this point, it all depends on the game. In Saints Row it's just plain fun and hilarious to kill people. In Watch Dogs Legion I'm more cautious because anyone can be your recruit. GTA games I have mixed feelings. In Assassin's Creed around temples, I try to avoid fighting the enemy because the innocent will get cut down too. To see them so vulnerable on their knees worshipping a deity, then engage in open combat next to them I just try to avoid. 

Depends on the game and what the missions is about, If you playing as a cop and killing people for the sake of it then you end up pooping yourself in the game. GTA in my case you can do whatever you want and just have fun. 

Games like police simulator and flashing lights, can't just shoot and kill and drive them over like you can do in GTA 😛 Other then Roleplaying in GTA

If I play COP, I wouldn't force to kill civilians out of control, unless they're standing in my way. According to what @Empire said, you can easily shoot civilians/pedestrians in the game when you're running for your life as a result of police chasing you in all angles. 

Depends on the game. Something like rdr2 or GTA, I could go in a kill not problem. But I don't do it that often in most other games. Just never care to. Idk, it's weird, because I can do it in the games I previously mentioned, but some games I won't. Maybe it's their systems where if you do anything t bad, it just restarts you. 

Everything depends on the effects or consequences that I'm going to have for killing civilians or NPC's in the game. If the game system is designed to punish me adequately for it, I'm going to do all I can to limit getting them caught in the cross fire. It's like how it affects you in playing Hitman series with the Blood Money release. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

Everything depends on the effects or consequences that I'm going to have for killing civilians or NPC's in the game. If the game system is designed to punish me adequately for it, I'm going to do all I can to limit getting them caught in the cross fire. It's like how it affects you in playing Hitman series with the Blood Money release. 

Yeah, and that's the way it should be right? I mean, if no games stopped you from killing a ton, what would be the point? With most open world games, killing multiple people will cause you issues. If a game existed where there was no repercussions for killing, then I think it'd be a boring game because there would be no conflict, no good vs evil type of thing. 

10 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, and that's the way it should be right? I mean, if no games stopped you from killing a ton, what would be the point? With most open world games, killing multiple people will cause you issues. If a game existed where there was no repercussions for killing, then I think it'd be a boring game because there would be no conflict, no good vs evil type of thing. 

That's very correct, when there's no drag back for you in going on a killing spree like you desired in the game, it takes away the challenge in the game since you can kill just about anyone and anything that comes your way, what's or where is the fun in that? But having to pass through a more difficult hurdle when you kill those you're not supposed to touch will keep you on your toes to avoid falling a victim. 

On 7/14/2022 at 3:14 AM, Heatman said:

That's very correct, when there's no drag back for you in going on a killing spree like you desired in the game, it takes away the challenge in the game since you can kill just about anyone and anything that comes your way, what's or where is the fun in that? But having to pass through a more difficult hurdle when you kill those you're not supposed to touch will keep you on your toes to avoid falling a victim. 

I wish they'd call me evil in Skyrim - I've slaughtered almost even NPC in-game and yet I'm seen as the righteous Dragonborn. It just doesn't make any sense...

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I wish they'd call me evil in Skyrim - I've slaughtered almost even NPC in-game and yet I'm seen as the righteous Dragonborn. It just doesn't make any sense...

Haha, it's that way in Skyrim. I just try as much as possible to to limit or even avoid killing them as long as it's possible for me to do that. It always leaves a sad feeling for me whenever I get them killed especially when they never provoked me into doing it.