Register Now
The Blackangel

Diablo Immortal

I'm getting a lot of advertisements for this game on my iPhone when my games go to an advertisement. I'm a huge fan of Diablo and Diablo II. So I'm curious about this game. Has anyone played it? Is it worth downloading? Is it microtransactions with the name Diablo and the Blizzard logo in the corner?

I saw a video of a guy breaking down the time required to achieve end game to a similar point in D3 and how much pay to win is in the game and how Much they are trying to exploit people into MTX. I instantly deleted it. I only played it for a night and got to level 29. That was enough for me.

Everything that I have to say about the game's horrendous monetisation is in this thread here. The worst of the monetization is mostly reserved for the endgame (but that's obviously very important in Diablo), but I have heard game itself is apparently pretty decent apart from the constant prompt to pay money for shit. I personally wouldn't support this even knowing I would never spend money. Playing this game would be like going on a date with somebody who has HIV. It may be fine, even brilliant up until you're invited inside and only disaster awaits beyond that however badly you want to end the date on a high note.

I wouldn't get it, or at the least wait a while before checking it out. Maybe in the coming months things will change and be a bit more fair. But I doubt that. 

Personally I'd go with the PC games instead. 

On 7/16/2022 at 7:26 AM, Shagger said:

Everything that I have to say about the game's horrendous monetisation is in this thread here. The worst of the monetization is mostly reserved for the endgame (but that's obviously very important in Diablo), but I have heard game itself is apparently pretty decent apart from the constant prompt to pay money for shit. I personally wouldn't support this even knowing I would never spend money. Playing this game would be like going on a date with somebody who has HIV. It may be fine, even brilliant up until you're invited inside and only disaster awaits beyond that however badly you want to end the date on a high note.

I apologize, as I hadn't seen the thread. If I had found it, I wouldn't have bothered making this one, since my questions had already been answered.

That being the case, I'm locking this thread and encouraging others to follow the link to your post and join in that conversation instead.