Register Now
Coolman

What are your thoughts on pewdiepie?

I don't think that much of him or his content. I appreciate his impact on YouTube and post-television entertainment, but I far prefer those who followed in his footsteps like Markiplier, going on to do their own thing successfully despite his vast fame and fortune. It's a shame he's fallen from whatever grace he may have had, but more shameful than that is the lack of repurcussions for some of his abhorrent actions in the past.

I didn't like old pewds that much. At least until like 2016 I really couldn't get used to his videos because he was just being kinda obnoxious. But at a certain point in 2016 his content started getting better. In 2021 though those tiktok videos kinda set the bar low so I feel like thats why his viewership dropped as well recently. Otherwise before that he'd be racking nearing 10 million views regularly

I couldn't stand him when he started. All I remember him being was loud and annoying. I believe he hammed it up for his audience a lot too, and I just could never get into his humor. Also his horror game videos where he screams all the time, also put me off on his content. 

I hear he's chilled out a lot these days though, so good for him. Still not interested in watching his content though.

Edited by Kane99

On 7/11/2022 at 9:29 PM, Kane99 said:

Also his horror game videos where he screams all the time, also put me off on his content. 

This is exactly complicated things for me with Pewdiepie. At some point, I felt like, hey let me try and enjoy his contents but on getting to his horror video games and I was like WTF is this? It's like the effects of the horror games wasn't enough, I also have to deal with his screaming all the way. 

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

This is exactly complicated things for me with Pewdiepie. At some point, I felt like, hey let me try and enjoy his contents but on getting to his horror video games and I was like WTF is this? It's like the effects of the horror games wasn't enough, I also have to deal with his screaming all the way. 

It was his gimmick, he was loud, annoying and screamed a lot. I never understood why people thought he was fun to watch back then, but I suppose a bunch of kids were into that kind of stuff. I like the more reserved version of him that he is today. I still don't like his content, but he's at least bearable to listen to when you see him. He still is quite animated with his act, but he's less loud from what I see. 

He's okay to me for the most part - I don't really think that much of him if I'm being honest. Some of his content is hilarious, I'll give him that but I don't get why so many people also dislike him. Granted, he does tend to troll a lot and does do some pretty edgy videos but I hardly seen him do anything to garner the hate he receives.

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It was his gimmick, he was loud, annoying and screamed a lot. I never understood why people thought he was fun to watch back then, but I suppose a bunch of kids were into that kind of stuff. I like the more reserved version of him that he is today. I still don't like his content, but he's at least bearable to listen to when you see him. He still is quite animated with his act, but he's less loud from what I see. 

True, probably at the time a lot of kids were on the same wavelength as him somehow, but nowadays, his content has differed a bit in style and is better compared to before...

Also, he's been through a lot in his career too.

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah, probably that's what sold him easily to kids and even some adult folks back then. I have never been that easy or too cool with a lousy - noisy personality ever since I was a kid and it's practically why I never felt comfortable with his work/contents. 

I don't know how he managed to gain such widespread recognition as a video game contents Creator and streamer but it's worth it to look into his works for those who have intensions of streaming game related contents on video streaming platforms.

I haven't been following him that much but I know a handful of people who are always watching his contents regularly.

I know virtually nothing about him, I never watched any of his content or streams. And I only learned of his existence when he had a cameo appearance in a south park episode in 2014 around the release of Dragon Age Inquisition.

This is one of his contents that says much about how annoying it is for me trying to watch whatever he creates. There's a big turn off for me in it that makes it difficult to watch him for longer periods of time. 

To be fair the guy has come a long way in not being an annoying tool. From what I have seen as of late, he's relatively tame compared to his past content. 

I haven't heard him a scream up a storm like he used to.