Register Now
Justin11

Have you staked on your favourite team before?

When it comes to sports gambling, it was something common for me. I don't normally engage too often in staking/betting on matches around favourite teams. I'm a football lover, and I got lots of teams from major leagues around Europe, I staked on them in the past to win matches for monetary rewards. But I do it out of love for my favourite teams due to their amazing performances not just because I want to earn money. 

Have you staked or placed a bet on behalf of your favourite team(s) in any sport game when the winning matters much, just to share the moment of magic with them? 

I just enjoy soccer as a sport and I have never really considered betting on any team before.

Though I have a lot of friends who do that and have tried several times to persuade me Into betting but I still haven't considered it and I enjoy things that way.

31 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I just enjoy soccer as a sport and I have never really considered betting on any team before.

Though I have a lot of friends who do that and have tried several times to persuade me Into betting but I still haven't considered it and I enjoy things that way.

It is better off as you don't stake on football matches, it sucks. I lost more than I won, just that I was doing it mostly for fun just as I described in the thread. It's a way to enjoy the match with much seriousness 😂

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

It is better off as you don't stake on football matches, it sucks. I lost more than I won, just that I was doing it mostly for fun just as I described in the thread. It's a way to enjoy the match with much seriousness 😂

I actually understand how it feels, if you actually staked for a team your seriousness watching that particular match would be higher than usual. My friend would practically stand throughout the who match because of anxiety.

8 hours ago, Clasher said:

I actually understand how it feels, if you actually staked for a team your seriousness watching that particular match would be higher than usual. My friend would practically stand throughout the who match because of anxiety.

I wouldn't stand just because I staked on my favourite team to win. I relax my mind when ever I staked on matches, because I know it is made on luck, If I win I win, when I lose I take it that way. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I wouldn't stand just because I staked on my favourite team to win. I relax my mind when ever I staked on matches, because I know it is made on luck, If I win I win, when I lose I take it that way. 

Usually, staking is done with the hopes of winning that's why you were bold enough to put money to stake and losing that money because a team just couldn't deliver when they are meant to is usually painful, I guess that's the reason my friend is anxious because he doesn't want to lose his money because of the teams mistakes .

22 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I believe betting on anything should be approached with this kind of mentality - it makes no sense fretting about stuff that's outside of your control.

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I believe betting on anything should be approached with this kind of mentality - it makes no sense fretting about stuff that's outside of your control.

Yes, since it is all about luck, I don't know the reason why I'll be hanging my mind there. I got other stuffs to do with my life and not thinking about an outcome I can't control. I bet for fun, and not always, but crucial matches I want my beloved team to walk through. 

17 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, since it is all about luck, I don't know the reason why I'll be hanging my mind there. I got other stuffs to do with my life and not thinking about an outcome I can't control. I bet for fun, and not always, but crucial matches I want my beloved team to walk through. 

It's kinda funny to pass by betting shops and see people cursing because they lost money betting on their team and it was money for some other important reason such as pay a bill and in my mind I'm like, why would you even do that?

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's kinda funny to pass by betting shops and see people cursing because they lost money betting on their team and it was money for some other important reason such as pay a bill and in my mind I'm like, why would you even do that?

😂. So, this thing is almost everywhere mehn. It is like that here in my locality, you'll see people who clustered around just to moan over a loss betting ticket. That's inappropriate, you don't moan over something that isn't guaranteed before staking on it, betting comes with steady heartbreaks. That's why I wasn't moved to bet all the time, I don't even stake this time again. 

On 7/15/2022 at 8:10 PM, killamch89 said:

I have seen worse when it comes to the kind of reactions some make when they lose a bet.

How would you use your rent to bet a game so you can double up the money, that's just bizzare.

On 7/20/2022 at 3:58 PM, Clasher said:

I have seen worse when it comes to the kind of reactions some make when they lose a bet.

How would you use your rent to bet a game so you can double up the money, that's just bizzare.

It just comes down to a lack of logical thinking and letting their greed stop them from getting their priorities straight.

12 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It just comes down to a lack of logical thinking and letting their greed stop them from getting their priorities straight.

Yeah, greed is a factor that leads many into making such bizzare stakes.

Sometimes it's favorable but most of the time it ends in tears as this people would have to borrow to major  foot bills.

News outlet shared a man who borrowed 200k Nigerian currency to bet on two odds just to earn double of his stake. Unfortunately for him, the bet didn't go as planned, and he fell down and died. People came rescuing him, I don't know if it's real death or not.