Register Now
Justin11

Have you staked on your favourite team before?

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

News outlet shared a man who borrowed 200k Nigerian currency to bet on two odds just to earn double of his stake. Unfortunately for him, the bet didn't go as planned, and he fell down and died. People came rescuing him, I don't know if it's real death or not. 

He probably died of heart attack or he could've died from fainting and hitting his head. But this is why it's important to think logically about your priorities.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

He probably died of heart attack or he could've died from fainting and hitting his head. But this is why it's important to think logically about your priorities.

He didn't think that way, all that came his mind is doubling the borrowed money and earn a living from it. And he didn't look at the side effect too, which cost him his death. 

The season is back and I have been staking on my favorite teams and I have won a couple of bets though.

I don't stake with the sole of aim of making some extra bucks but because it is fun to make a prediction and see it play out exactly how you predicted.

Has anyone else been staking non their favorite teams since the beginning of the season?

On 7/11/2022 at 10:05 AM, Justin11 said:

When it comes to sports gambling, it was something common for me. I don't normally engage too often in staking/betting on matches around favourite teams. I'm a football lover, and I got lots of teams from major leagues around Europe, I staked on them in the past to win matches for monetary rewards. But I do it out of love for my favourite teams due to their amazing performances not just because I want to earn money. 

Have you staked or placed a bet on behalf of your favourite team(s) in any sport game when the winning matters much, just to share the moment of magic with them? 

Not quite yet because I think alot of that stuff is done through electronics and people would be surprised by how much interference and hacking you could get through electronic means these days. I feel like I'd either lose, be mediocre at betting or really break out and make money. As soon as I made money and accurate predictions then I would have private citizen hackers basically snooping through my electronics, cell phone, etc.

But I've made predictions and was able to get like a 90% prediction rate pretty easily for playoffs a while back.

11 minutes ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Not quite yet because I think alot of that stuff is done through electronics and people would be surprised by how much interference and hacking you could get through electronic means these days. I feel like I'd either lose, be mediocre at betting or really break out and make money. As soon as I made money and accurate predictions then I would have private citizen hackers basically snooping through my electronics, cell phone, etc.

But I've made predictions and was able to get like a 90% prediction rate pretty easily for playoffs a while back.

Those predictions you made, did you accompany them with monetary backing? Or you just predicted without betting money just to see what the outcome of those events will turn out to be? I am not so good in betting, but I still bet on sports events but not as often like before. 

Those predictions you made, did you accompany them with monetary backing? Or you just predicted without betting money just to see what the outcome of those events will turn out to be? I am not so good in betting, but I still bet on sports events but not as often like before. 

No, I've never bet on spots. I make predictions all the time just for fun. I use an extremely elaborate system that isn't really a system, but takes into account just about every factor and even sports fraud that I mentioned in other threads.

35 minutes ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

No, I've never bet on spots. I make predictions all the time just for fun. I use an extremely elaborate system that isn't really a system, but takes into account just about every factor and even sports fraud that I mentioned in other threads.

Okay, since you're getting your simple predictions right, I think it will. W nice to start analysing events around different categories and give out to users who'll need them in the future. It can bring you some sort of money since your accuracy is high predicting events. 

Okay, since you're getting your simple predictions right, I think it will. W nice to start analysing events around different categories and give out to users who'll need them in the future. It can bring you some sort of money since your accuracy is high predicting events. 

Well in certain areas it is simply not legal and have been too lazy to look up what's going on with it in my area. I've never even made a gentlemens bet, so I just analyze the stuff for fun. Sports betting in my opinion is not simple, though. I personally take a relatively complex look at things, but just use my knowledge to make predictions or fun.

Pro-Football for example: I haven't looked at any of the other teams in the NFL and know virtually nothing about them, but I would give the Tampa Bay Buccaneers over a 30% chance of winning the entire season via Championship/Super Bowl Title and then Tom Brady probably retiring, but that 30% chance is based on what I currently know about the team.

After the first 2 to 5 games; to keep it simple let's say first three -- I could make a better prediction because Tampa Bay literally has a new head coach this season because the other dude quit/retired. Current coach is the former Defensive Coordinator called Todd Bowles, and he is allegedly (or at least is just for the pre-season) calling all of the defensive plays (meaning he is doing double the workload). Things I look at is his social media accounts or any proximities to him that may indicate he is tired, as well as his face. Does his face look tired? Has he had a recent divorce? Many successful athletes have wives and a strong family unit, like Tom Brady does. If he starts getting tired pulling double duty then they may have to hire a defensive coordinator mid season -- which could throw off the entire season and quite frankly throw it out, but this is based on extensively knowledge. Hiring a mid-season defensive coordinator is Super Bowl or Bust. Meaning he would be fantastic or a complete failure.

Predicting outcomes is not an all or nothing type of system, whoever predicts things like that I would say doesn't know how to do it properly. It's better based on percentages or similar factors. I personally play fighting games, and the way people rate a character on a tier list in a fighting game involves both science and opinion -- although the "opinion" usually constitutes the opinion of a professional and the professional having the character in his hands while executing the characters potential in an optimal situation (getting as much out of a combo as possible, etc.). Another thing the pros do is take the characters at an alleged optimal setting and then run a "first to 10".

Let's say we have Mortal Kombat 11 with Sub Zero and Scorpion in the "first to 10", with each character optimized in the hands of a professional. If Scorpion won 7 of the matches and Sub Zero wins 3, then you would call the MK11 Sub Zero/Scorpion (what we call a "matchup") to be a 7/3, obviously in favor of Scorpion. Patches, also known as title updates, can obviously affect a 7/3 matchup situation, and title updates can be -- and are often -- affected by people. Sometimes you just have flatout teenagers whining about how "broken" and "too good" a character is, then they will lobby a development team. The team can potentially then change properties of a character making him or her worse, and lower said character on the tier list. 

I do football matches and certain scenarios in football with a similar system to fighting games. Tampa would be a top 5 favorite to win the Super Bowl this season, but their first matchup (which I haven't even looked at yet) would be a 50/50 in my view against Dallas Cowboys at home, or a 5/5 in fighting game terms, but I use the 5/5 setting as a total tossup situation meaning it's a 50% chance for each team to win the game. I could look at the game closer and get a better opinion, but you also have to view the opinion of sports broadcasters and view their arguments as almost like lobbyists or attorneys arguing a case.

Some of these "lobbyists" claimed that they "wouldn't be surprised to see Los Angeles" win the Super Bowl like the next day after Tampa did it, and I had a feeling he was correct. Strong prediction, but Tampa was the first team in NFL history to ever win the Super Bowl in their own stadium (stadiums of which are randomly assigned), and then Los Angeles basically did the same thing the next year with a back to back situation. Smells like fraud to me so I may be too lazy to even draw up predictions this year.

47 minutes ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Well in certain areas it is simply not legal and have been too lazy to look up what's going on with it in my area. I've never even made a gentlemens bet, so I just analyze the stuff for fun. Sports betting in my opinion is not simple, though. I personally take a relatively complex look at things, but just use my knowledge to make predictions or fun.

Pro-Football for example: I haven't looked at any of the other teams in the NFL and know virtually nothing about them, but I would give the Tampa Bay Buccaneers over a 30% chance of winning the entire season via Championship/Super Bowl Title and then Tom Brady probably retiring, but that 30% chance is based on what I currently know about the team.

After the first 2 to 5 games; to keep it simple let's say first three -- I could make a better prediction because Tampa Bay literally has a new head coach this season because the other dude quit/retired. Current coach is the former Defensive Coordinator called Todd Bowles, and he is allegedly (or at least is just for the pre-season) calling all of the defensive plays (meaning he is doing double the workload). Things I look at is his social media accounts or any proximities to him that may indicate he is tired, as well as his face. Does his face look tired? Has he had a recent divorce? Many successful athletes have wives and a strong family unit, like Tom Brady does. If he starts getting tired pulling double duty then they may have to hire a defensive coordinator mid season -- which could throw off the entire season and quite frankly throw it out, but this is based on extensively knowledge. Hiring a mid-season defensive coordinator is Super Bowl or Bust. Meaning he would be fantastic or a complete failure.

Predicting outcomes is not an all or nothing type of system, whoever predicts things like that I would say doesn't know how to do it properly. It's better based on percentages or similar factors. I personally play fighting games, and the way people rate a character on a tier list in a fighting game involves both science and opinion -- although the "opinion" usually constitutes the opinion of a professional and the professional having the character in his hands while executing the characters potential in an optimal situation (getting as much out of a combo as possible, etc.). Another thing the pros do is take the characters at an alleged optimal setting and then run a "first to 10".

Let's say we have Mortal Kombat 11 with Sub Zero and Scorpion in the "first to 10", with each character optimized in the hands of a professional. If Scorpion won 7 of the matches and Sub Zero wins 3, then you would call the MK11 Sub Zero/Scorpion (what we call a "matchup") to be a 7/3, obviously in favor of Scorpion. Patches, also known as title updates, can obviously affect a 7/3 matchup situation, and title updates can be -- and are often -- affected by people. Sometimes you just have flatout teenagers whining about how "broken" and "too good" a character is, then they will lobby a development team. The team can potentially then change properties of a character making him or her worse, and lower said character on the tier list. 

I do football matches and certain scenarios in football with a similar system to fighting games. Tampa would be a top 5 favorite to win the Super Bowl this season, but their first matchup (which I haven't even looked at yet) would be a 50/50 in my view against Dallas Cowboys at home, or a 5/5 in fighting game terms, but I use the 5/5 setting as a total tossup situation meaning it's a 50% chance for each team to win the game. I could look at the game closer and get a better opinion, but you also have to view the opinion of sports broadcasters and view their arguments as almost like lobbyists or attorneys arguing a case.

Some of these "lobbyists" claimed that they "wouldn't be surprised to see Los Angeles" win the Super Bowl like the next day after Tampa did it, and I had a feeling he was correct. Strong prediction, but Tampa was the first team in NFL history to ever win the Super Bowl in their own stadium (stadiums of which are randomly assigned), and then Los Angeles basically did the same thing the next year with a back to back situation. Smells like fraud to me so I may be too lazy to even draw up predictions this year.

I got your points, it isn't easy though predicting the outcome of sports events. I don't know anything around NFL, I don't follow super bowl events, it is cool knowing that you know about this type of event. I am more of soccer fan, most of my analysis comes from those major soccer leagues around the world. 

I think you sound like someone who can give better predictions around EPL sports, if only you can give it your time. Why not create a platform where you can share daily match tips around NFL events 😂

I got your points, it isn't easy though predicting the outcome of sports events. I don't know anything around NFL, I don't follow super bowl events, it is cool knowing that you know about this type of event. I am more of soccer fan, most of my analysis comes from those major soccer leagues around the world. 

I think you sound like someone who can give better predictions around EPL sports, if only you can give it your time. Why not create a platform where you can share daily match tips around NFL events 😂

Doing the type of analysis that I know how to do with sports would never be thrown out there on a major website free of charge, and wouldn't want to charge anything for it so I wouldn't do it. I mostly do it just for personal fun. But yes it can be hard to predict sports, that's why I only go with theoretical chances. I don't think anyone is going to rule sports competitions in favor of 1 opponent having a 100% chance or more of winning, meaning that's why there is sports betting odds and stuff like that.

I personally don't even understand the sports betting odds and how they factor that stuff because I have my own system which ended up being pretty accurate. I recently got a pretty good prediction rate on Hockey games last time I did it for fun.

22 minutes ago, ForwardSlashDownPoke said:

Doing the type of analysis that I know how to do with sports would never be thrown out there on a major website free of charge, and wouldn't want to charge anything for it so I wouldn't do it. I mostly do it just for personal fun. But yes it can be hard to predict sports, that's why I only go with theoretical chances. I don't think anyone is going to rule sports competitions in favor of 1 opponent having a 100% chance or more of winning, meaning that's why there is sports betting odds and stuff like that.

I personally don't even understand the sports betting odds and how they factor that stuff because I have my own system which ended up being pretty accurate. I recently got a pretty good prediction rate on Hockey games last time I did it for fun.

When the onus is high on that particular market option you wish to predict, then the market odd will be small, meaning you have more chance of outshining the bookmaker in that particular one. And the bookmaker wouldn't be so crazy to offer bigger odds in such kind of market option on order to cut down his or her loss when predictions are perfectly made. 

Yep, I sure did. But only once. My boyfriend at the time had a work buddy that was always handling bets on the games (baseball and hockey). I bet on the Wings, and won. 👍👍

But then the guy conveniently vanished for awhile and my bf had to track him down. Hahaha We got our cash.

I'm not much into gambling, but that ^^ time I was.

On 8/30/2022 at 1:03 AM, melanie_marie27 said:

Yep, I sure did. But only once. My boyfriend at the time had a work buddy that was always handling bets on the games (baseball and hockey). I bet on the Wings, and won. 👍👍

But then the guy conveniently vanished for awhile and my bf had to track him down. Hahaha We got our cash.

I'm not much into gambling, but that ^^ time I was.

Lol, meaning your boyfriend back then put you on the front foot of betting, right? someone too motivated me playing betting on soccer events, even till this day, I'm still playing but not like before. 

I don't know what's wrong with drake man, he recently loss whopping £800k on a singles bet in general trying to win £2.5m. This dude is just doing all this things for fun, he's not betting with funds that will really make him go through nightmares.