Register Now
Justin11

Do you think money can buy you quality team that can win you everything?

My answer is capital NO. If you doubt, go ask PSG, if their blockbuster spending spree made huge impact in their top ambition which to win the champions league since the Qatari owner took over? The answer remains No. 

Their is no doubt, money can build great team, when injected wisely, you don't just buy big names, because you feel they can transform the team with immediate effect. Such backfires, the best, is building from academy players, nurturing them with the best training facilities/equipments to aid their development faster. 

Such made Barcelona huge success in the past, their famed 'La Masia Academy really helped them to achieve the greatest benchmark in the history of the game, winning unprecedented sextape of trophies two times, which made them the first to win it in European football, including numerous other honours. Bayern Munich, Arsenal, Liverpool, Ajax etc, don't rely on already made players, they build their stars from the academy setup. 

Ever since Barcelona shifted their attention away from their famed academy 'La masia' success at the highest level eluded them. Because they went for already made players who aren't acquainted into their Tiki-Taka system of football, which cost them huge amount of money and sending them into bankruptcy with lots of debts to clear. 

Building your team around potential stars is the best, and you can recruit them from the youth form, which is from the academy. You wouldn't buy every good talent with money that can adjust to the brand of football the team posses. It takes time to build up, success doesn't come immediately in football. I don't believe in spending huge amount of money to buy already made players, instead, use the money to scout for young talents and grow them to become super stars, they can become more successful due to the chemistry/connection within the team.  

My answer is also no - I mean look at Manchester United, they've spent as much as Man City and yet their team is miles behind. PSG - always making these blockbuster signings but still can't win the CL. It's one thing to have money but spending it wisely is the main thing.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

My answer is also no - I mean look at Manchester United, they've spent as much as Man City and yet their team is miles behind. PSG - always making these blockbuster signings but still can't win the CL. It's one thing to have money but spending it wisely is the main thing.

Spending it wisely is the key, that's the main point of your comment I found so interesting. And we know how Manchester City, PSG, Barcelona, have spent the cash carelessly without real success over those hefty transfer fees they made on those players that cost them much. Let's see if PSG and Manchester city signings gonna get them somewhere in the near future and land them their biggest dream of winning the UCL. 

16 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Spending it wisely is the key, that's the main point of your comment I found so interesting. And we know how Manchester City, PSG, Barcelona, have spent the cash carelessly without real success over those hefty transfer fees they made on those players that cost them much. Let's see if PSG and Manchester city signings gonna get them somewhere in the near future and land them their biggest dream of winning the UCL. 

I'd say Man City is in a far better position compared to the others. It's just that they've lacked the bottle to win the Champions League but they've been to 1 final and 2 semi-finals in the past and Man City doesn't make many extremely expensive signings as the others. PSG are a mess currently but they hired Luis Campos as football advisor so they've been a bit smarter in terms of player recruitment this window.

9 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I'd say Man City is in a far better position compared to the others. It's just that they've lacked the bottle to win the Champions League but they've been to 1 final and 2 semi-finals in the past and Man City doesn't make many extremely expensive signings as the others. PSG are a mess currently but they hired Luis Campos as football advisor so they've been a bit smarter in terms of player recruitment this window.

Apart from Mbappe and Ney, I don't think PSG spend that much when it comes to players recruitment. Take a look at Manchester city's transfer expenditure in the past five years, you'll notice that, it is way more than what PSG has spent. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

Apart from Mbappe and Ney, I don't think PSG spend that much when it comes to players recruitment. Take a look at Manchester city's transfer expenditure in the past five years, you'll notice that, it is way more than what PSG has spent. 

PSG pays way more in terms of salaries. For instance, Messi earns 779k Euros per week while Neymar earns about 1m Euros per week - Man City doesn't pay any of their players anywhere near that. Their wage structure is far more stable. Here's an article on the top earners in Ligue 1 and PSG players all occupy the top 15 spots.

https://www.si.com/fannation/soccer/futbol/features/lionel-messi-salary-lower-than-neymars-on-ligue-1-top-30-list 

Also don't forget, PSG paid 220m for Neymar and 150m for Mbappe about 4 or 5 years back and they're one of the main culprits for inflating the prices in the transfer market.

On 7/13/2022 at 12:50 AM, Justin11 said:

Their is no doubt, money can build great team, when injected wisely, you don't just buy big names, because you feel they can transform the team with immediate effect

That's the issue many club owners usually feel that buying the big names with outrageous Prices could help them win an important title or competition and that's a big lie, I know for certain that those big names are good for business and can yield the club some profit in Jersey sales and the rest but for the aspect of winning a title or competition is not guaranteed.

There are a lot of good but underated players clubs can spend their money on and gain tremendously from them too.

7 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's the issue many club owners usually feel that buying the big names with outrageous Prices could help them win an important title or competition and that's a big lie, I know for certain that those big names are good for business and can yield the club some profit in Jersey sales and the rest but for the aspect of winning a title or competition is not guaranteed.

There are a lot of good but underated players clubs can spend their money on and gain tremendously from them too.

That's what teams like Chelsea and Man United need to learn. Chelsea is always going after "big" names like Lukaku and Saul Niguez and neither signing worked out. Man United with Raphael Varane also isn't working out because he's so injury prone.

Chelsea is always going after "big" names like Lukaku and Saul Niguez and neither signing worked out

In my honest opinion lukaku is just an over rated player he might be skilled but not as much as people may think he is.

There are players who could help Chelsea out of their misery right now but the managers are more focused on the names they feel would sound really good for a transfer window report.

12 hours ago, Clasher said:

Sure, competition success isn't guaranteed even when you splashed all the money in the club's bank. Even if you get CR7, L. Messi at their twilight age, including Ney, and Mbappe, still, PSG's UCL success isn't still guaranteed. 

22 hours ago, Clasher said:

In my honest opinion lukaku is just an over rated player he might be skilled but not as much as people may think he is.

There are players who could help Chelsea out of their misery right now but the managers are more focused on the names they feel would sound really good for a transfer window report.

Also, Chelsea and Man United keep going after players who have no desire to play for them. Raphinha, De Ligt and Gnarbry all turned down Chelsea and De Jong wants to stay at Barca and he's made that clear to Man United several times and they still persist. If a player doesn't want to play for your club, why are you trying to sign them? Chelsea seems to have learned nothing from the Lukaku debacle last season.

Also, Chelsea and Man United keep going after players who have no desire to play for them. Raphinha, De Ligt and Gnarbry all turned down Chelsea and De Jong wants to stay at Barca and he's made that clear to Man United several times and they still persist. If a player doesn't want to play for your club, why are you trying to sign them? Chelsea seems to have learned nothing from the Lukaku debacle last season.

I think I mentioned in a different thread that Chelsea and man United at this moment is lacking strategy that is why they just go after any player without knowing what they really want to achieve with those players and that's even the main reasons why those players doesn't want to play for the club.

If I were a professional footballer I wouldn't move to a club just because of money but the impact playing for that team would have on my career, though money is important I also want to leave a legacy behind when I retire.

On 7/15/2022 at 4:29 PM, Clasher said:

I think I mentioned in a different thread that Chelsea and man United at this moment is lacking strategy that is why they just go after any player without knowing what they really want to achieve with those players and that's even the main reasons why those players doesn't want to play for the club.

If I were a professional footballer I wouldn't move to a club just because of money but the impact playing for that team would have on my career, though money is important I also want to leave a legacy behind when I retire.

The one thing I've seen Arsenal do well in recent windows is try to agree terms with the player before putting in a bid so that they absolutely know the player wants to come or is open to coming. Rather than putting in a bid, have the club accept it but the player has no desire to move there and rejects the transfer wasting precious time and effort.

4 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The one thing I've seen Arsenal do well in recent windows is try to agree terms with the player before putting in a bid so that they absolutely know the player wants to come or is open to coming. Rather than putting in a bid, have the club accept it but the player has no desire to move there and rejects the transfer wasting precious time and effort.

That's why arsenal has been able to secure some really good deal like Gabriel Jesus.

I wish Chelsea and man United could actually que in to this and do better for themselves this transfer window.

2 minutes ago, Clasher said:

That's why arsenal has been able to secure some really good deal like Gabriel Jesus.

I wish Chelsea and man United could actually que in to this and do better for themselves this transfer window.

All Chelsea have been doing is trying to hijack deals and they haven't succeded even once while having the De Ligt transfer hijacked by Bayern. Man United just got bent over by Ajax to pay 57m for a 5ft 9 CB from the Dutch League and we know that the level of skill between the Dutch League and the English Premier League is night and day so I can see this one failing as well.