Register Now
Justin11

Do you think money can buy you quality team that can win you everything?

4 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Man United just got bent over by Ajax to pay 57m for a 5ft 9 CB from the Dutch League and we know that the level of skill between the Dutch League and the English Premier League is night and day

This one cracked me up. 😅

De lift is still a good player - well the "one hit wonder" kind of player that would dazzle in one season that gets their prices up and when another team succeeds in signing them their form drops tremendously.

6 minutes ago, Clasher said:

This one cracked me up. 😅

De lift is still a good player - well the "one hit wonder" kind of player that would dazzle in one season that gets their prices up and when another team succeeds in signing them their form drops tremendously.

You think Man United would've learnt from paying 90m for Pogba, 80m for Maguire, 80m for Lukaku...but nope they just keep going lol.

8 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

You think Man United would've learnt from paying 90m for Pogba, 80m for Maguire, 80m for Lukaku...but nope they just keep going lol.

That was over 250 million sucessfully  wasted on players and still playing on wasting more . Lol

I wouldn't lie I don't like man United and I am always excited to witness their mistakes no offense.

3 minutes ago, Clasher said:

That was over 250 million sucessfully  wasted on players and still playing on wasting more . Lol

I wouldn't lie I don't like man United and I am always excited to witness their mistakes no offense.

250m?! I could've named more but the list is exhaustive. Oh trust me, I hate Man United even more - I'm always glad to see them overpay on slightly above average players and then complain they're no good.

1 minute ago, killamch89 said:

250m?! I could've named more but the list is exhaustive. Oh trust me, I hate Man United even more - I'm always glad to see them overpay on slightly above average players and then complain they're no good.

Having enough money to spend isn't what is gonna help the team right now, you could end up going bankrupt and still wouldn't be able to secure a single title even the smallest of them all with all the players you spent Millions on.

Having a structure, what kind of players are currently lacking and in what aspects of the squad is there a need for improvement, even though Ronaldo remains in the team are there good midfielders that could feed him the passes he need to secure a win or score those much needed goals.

Money can only help but wrong use of it is also as much disastrous as not having any in the first place.

18 hours ago, Clasher said:

Having enough money to spend isn't what is gonna help the team right now, you could end up going bankrupt and still wouldn't be able to secure a single title even the smallest of them all with all the players you spent Millions on.

Having a structure, what kind of players are currently lacking and in what aspects of the squad is there a need for improvement, even though Ronaldo remains in the team are there good midfielders that could feed him the passes he need to secure a win or score those much needed goals.

Money can only help but wrong use of it is also as much disastrous as not having any in the first place.

So true - Man United's budget is limited this window from previous ones because of the constant overspending over the past few years and yet even on a limited budget they still managed to overspend. I don't think I've seen a worse team at negotiating transfers as Man United.

I heard that since 'sir alex ferguson left, man united have spent over 400€ million euros just on defender, yet their is no remedy. How long will the nemesis continue? which defenders do you think will help man united to cut down the number of goals conceded in a season? 

16 hours ago, killamch89 said:

So true - Man United's budget is limited this window from previous ones because of the constant overspending over the past few years and yet even on a limited budget they still managed to overspend. I don't think I've seen a worse team at negotiating transfers as Man United.

Well, I don't know if it is an internal issue or that's just how the club is designed to always make bad decisions.

It would only suffice to say that if they want an improvement in the team and the club at large there should be a restructuring selling off as much players as they can and then buying a suitable replacement for each of them, don't retain a player , manager or coach if they are no longer valuable to the club.

Let's go against the grain and say yes? Perfect example Chelsea before Abramovich toke over, Chelsea was nothing more then a stable middle table club who won a few trophies here and there. After he toke over and during his ownership Chelsea pretty much won everithing there is to win, so yes money can buy you a quality team that can win you everything. 

Same with Manchester city before Sheikh Mansour toke over, they were just a middle table team that sometimes had to fight for survival in the premier league, now they are aguably the best team and have the best coach in the world. The only thing they haven't won is the champions league but you don't need to be an expert to know it's going to come sooner or later. So again yes money can buy you a quality team that is capable of winning everything.

Let's talk about the latest club in line as I'd be interesting to see what newcastle are going to do during the remaining of the transfer window because you know the new owners are going to want make a blockbuster signing to make a statement of theire ambitions (rumours are saying neymar).

Edited by Yaramaki

On 7/20/2022 at 9:04 AM, Yaramaki said:

Let's go against the grain and say yes? Perfect example Chelsea before Abramovich toke over, Chelsea was nothing more then a stable middle table club who won a few trophies here and there. After he toke over and during his ownership Chelsea pretty much won everithing there is to win, so yes money can buy you a quality team that can win you everything. 

Same with Manchester city before Sheikh Mansour toke over, they were just a middle table team that sometimes had to fight for survival in the premier league, now they are aguably the best team and have the best coach in the world. The only thing they haven't won is the champions league but you don't need to be an expert to know it's going to come sooner or later. So again yes money can buy you a quality team that is capable of winning everything.

Let's talk about the latest club in line as I'd be interesting to see what newcastle are going to do during the remaining of the transfer window because you know the new owners are going to want make a blockbuster signing to make a statement of theire ambitions (rumours are saying neymar).

They'd have to give PSG a blank cheque - he just signed a new deal last year if I'm not mistaken and PSG's new coach is keen to Neymar. Newcastle are now trying for Maddison from Leicester with a 40m bid which was immediately rejected, they returned with an improved one but still got rejected and aren't willing to go any higher so that's going nowhere...

PSG believe that their star studded players can get them far this season. Recently the club president 'Nasser Al-Khelaifi tweeted that this season will see best of Leo Messi and co. I just hope his words will come to fruition and propel his PSG team to UCL success this campaign. If they fail to win the UCL, it will be another major failure for the team and waste of investment. 

3 hours ago, Justin11 said:

PSG believe that their star studded players can get them far this season. Recently the club president 'Nasser Al-Khelaifi tweeted that this season will see best of Leo Messi and co. I just hope his words will come to fruition and propel his PSG team to UCL success this campaign. If they fail to win the UCL, it will be another major failure for the team and waste of investment. 

I don't think they'll do anything this season. I mean, Bayern are back to full strength, Barcelona are far stronger now and Liverpool and City have strengthened so I don't think PSG especially this year will be able to do anything.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I don't think they'll do anything this season. I mean, Bayern are back to full strength, Barcelona are far stronger now and Liverpool and City have strengthened so I don't think PSG especially this year will be able to do anything.

Then it means, Naser Al-Khelaifi's spending is useless, if his PSG team can't land the UCL trophy come end of the season. 

On 8/3/2022 at 6:27 PM, Justin11 said:

Then it means, Naser Al-Khelaifi's spending is useless, if his PSG team can't land the UCL trophy come end of the season. 

It's not the quality that hampers PSG as much as their mentality - They constantly bottle it in Europe and always seem to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

On 8/31/2022 at 8:42 PM, killamch89 said:

It's not the quality that hampers PSG as much as their mentality - They constantly bottle it in Europe and always seem to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

The team is doing well currently in Ligue One, can they keep the momentum high in European matches and lift the coveted UCL cup?