Register Now
StaceyPowers

Open world game ideas?

Honestly, I feel like everything has been done for the most part. I know Sonic is getting a more open world game, but from what i hear it's not going to be as open as we thought. But I think an actual open world Sonic game could work and could revive it some. Another game series I'd like to see with an open world, would probably be some of the horror games, like Silent Hill. If that ever makes a comeback. 

On 7/13/2022 at 8:13 PM, Kane99 said:

Honestly, I feel like everything has been done for the most part. I know Sonic is getting a more open world game, but from what i hear it's not going to be as open as we thought. But I think an actual open world Sonic game could work and could revive it some. Another game series I'd like to see with an open world, would probably be some of the horror games, like Silent Hill. If that ever makes a comeback. 

We've already had a preview of that Sonic game and it looks like crap if I'm being honest. Maybe the final game will be much better but the official gameplay trailer was disappointing to say the least.

5 hours ago, Empire said:

into space, Never seen a real open-world game like that...???

I think they have released something similar with No Man's Sky. But I'm sure that they can still do something a lot more better. 

On 7/14/2022 at 1:01 AM, StaceyPowers said:

What do you want to experience as an open world game?

I want a game set in a highly researched/realistic prehistoric time where I can play as a dinosaur.

Playing as a predator Dinosaur in an open world game format is surely going to be something huge. A T-Rex is going to be a very specie to play as well. It's capable of wrecking havoc. 

Most things to be done has already been added not in one game but a variety of games comes with their own peculiarities.

Maybe an open world game made in an ancient African settings like the ancient kingdom of Benin, Mali or the gold coast that you could play as a ruler, a guard , the queen mother, a great African warrior or whatever character and it would involve fighting a lot of battles as well with really ancient weapons and fighting several God's and invaders or even wild beasts that has been causing terror and death Among the people.

Another idea I'd like to see is a Sims like game mixed with GTA. Imagine if you could do the same Sims stuff, but could rob banks, steal cars, and do whatever GTA things you want. But if you get caught you go to jail and you have to live your sentence before you can go back to your normal life again. I could see something like that working. 

Ubisoft only briefly touched upon this with a Far Cry 5 expansion, but I wouldn't mind an open-world Vietnam War game. It's my understanding that objectives were mostly of the search-and-destroy nature, which is essentially open world games boiled down to their base components: you visit pockets of activity and interact with them. In this instance trapped patrol routes, bunkers, villages, and the vast tunnel networks. It would probably work better as a team-based PvE game though, gathering intelligence and taking down soldiers before getting to da choppa. My only problem with this idea is that it's very easy to just highlight the US' contributions rather than the Australian, French and Hell, even the Vietnamese. If they're just mission handlers and bodies to put down, that's not the sort of game I'm interested in.

Where things could be that simple is a sniper simulator in the Battle of Stalingrad. Enemy at the Gates, that sort of thing. The problem there is Sniper Elite's likely going to go there if it hasn't already, and again, a tighter series of levels probably works better than an open world.

On 7/14/2022 at 1:01 AM, StaceyPowers said:

I want a game set in a highly researched/realistic prehistoric time where I can play as a dinosaur.

It's not quite the same but you might enjoy Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey. You play as the ancient apes grasping the basics of evolution and going forward with it. I didn't get on with it after a few hours because the controls were finnicky and going beyond my home proved too dangerous.

Edited by Withywarlock

On 7/18/2022 at 8:22 PM, Kane99 said:

Another idea I'd like to see is a Sims like game mixed with GTA. Imagine if you could do the same Sims stuff, but could rob banks, steal cars, and do whatever GTA things you want. But if you get caught you go to jail and you have to live your sentence before you can go back to your normal life again. I could see something like that working. 

Now, that's something I would be interested in playing as well. If it's possible, they can work up a possibility of being able to escape the prison and disappear with your family to an unknown island if you're successful. This will definitely be very interesting to play.