Register Now
StaceyPowers

Quests or DLCs others think are tedious that you like

The Elder Scrolls V: Hearthfire. I appreciate that some people won't like that they have to do the manual labour of, err, clicking on menus, but it stops being funny when they're the 101st person to say it. Just about the only unanimous praise it gets is adoption, which would be deserving of the amount of credit if childrearing wasn't something Fable did donkey's years before.

I know I'll not make any friends by saying that it's the best expansion the game had. It's because of what it doesn't do that I prefer it: the only plot it has are plots of land. There's no cutscenes, no sidequests, no urgency and no worry about continuing where one left off. Rather it's the best expansion, possibly in the entirety of gaming in this particular regard, to provide a use for things that exist in the world, which encourages exploring it. It's something that irks me to no end about World of Warcraft, where each expansion makes the old content unnecessary to explore and indulge in. Patch 5.3 is one of my favourites because we see an old zone revisited for high-level play. Pet battles were one of the best things to happen to the open world in a long time, and nothing has quite scratched that itch since.

~

I'm starting to ask this more frequently of other users, but please could people state their opinions in the original post? Even if I don't always engage in the back-and-forth of what I'm requesting, I would like to at least have the opportunity than keep asking "and you?" or "what's your opinion?" If nobody reading the thread can come up with something on their own, the question's just gasping for air. Again, not to pick on you (I really do appreciate people creating as many threads as they do for Q&A), but it makes things so much easier.

Edited by Withywarlock

Dark Souls : Artorias of The Abyss would by the first DLC that comes to my mind with regards to this. All of my friends find it very tidious playing the game alone and to consider getting into the DLC Artorias of The Abyss was something they couldn't deal with but I find it and the challenge it brings with super entertaining. 

For the dark souls 2 many felt  the bosses were quite easy to defeat but couldn't say same for the DLC but when I played it I found that some of the bosses where particularly challenging but not as difficult as many I know who played it made it seem.

A lot of stuff in rdr2 is tedious, but I don't mind it, because it can be relaxing. I need to do more hunting to complete my hunting challenges. I want to get a lot of this done before I finish the story. 

I know some people wouldn't bother completing all of the side stuff, but I want to this time around.n

On 7/18/2022 at 8:29 PM, Kane99 said:

A lot of stuff in rdr2 is tedious, but I don't mind it, because it can be relaxing. I need to do more hunting to complete my hunting challenges. I want to get a lot of this done before I finish the story. 

I know some people wouldn't bother completing all of the side stuff, but I want to this time around.n

The main story and side missions all form a part of the whole and could coexist independently.

On my first play I was just following the main story and nothing  more , for the second I was exploring virtually everything and it just heightened the experience for me.

I've said it many times but i have a weird well let's call it a fetish with clearing out ubisoft their open world game maps. It gives me a sort of (sick) satisfaction that is hard to explain to be honest. Knowing full well that it's boring and tedious but yet i keep falling into the ubisoft trap over and over again. 

6 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

I've said it many times but i have a weird well let's call it a fetish with clearing out ubisoft their open world game maps. It gives me a sort of (sick) satisfaction that is hard to explain to be honest. Knowing full well that it's boring and tedious but yet i keep falling into the ubisoft trap over and over again. 

I had the same experience and feelings when I was playing all of the Assassin’s Creed games. I couldn't stop myself from getting into all of side quests and everything that needs to be covered in the game. Leaving out anyone felt like I have failed at the game.