Register Now
Justin11

Will Neymar Jr ever lay his hands on the balloon d'or trophy anytime soon?

The time is running away speedily for Neymar Jr to reach his full potential of being crowned the world best player. He's gradually passing his prime, but doesn't mean he isn't at his best. At 30, it doesn't mean he's on the state of massive decline. I know it isn't the same when he was at 20s. But I still believe, if Ney works more hard, he can reach his best potential and lifting the balloon d'or trophy in his glittering football career. 

He maybe the world most expensive, but no balloon d'or trophy to show for such prestige. Their is no much disappointment with that either, after all he made name already. But Neymar is a player once earmarked to win the best player award on several occasions in his football career. He got same potential like Leo Messi to be the greatest. But Neymar is nowhere near that potential. So, he needs to work hard to prove that potential right, and being around the best and not just recognized as a star or world most expensive player without the best player's in the world award. 

Will you say that, his move to PSG from Barcelona caused it? Could've Neymar won a balloon d'or staying in Barcelona team till date? 

Share your opinion please...

Edited by Justin11

Nah i don't think he will ever win it, he is injured way too much and probably has been surpassed by Mbappe at this point. Which i doubt that mbappe will win the ballon d'or either for aslong as he stays with psg, because if either wants to win, Psg probably has to win the champions league and they usually fail in the last hurdle. Well unless france or brazil wins the world cup.

37 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Nah i don't think he will ever win it, he is injured way too much and probably has been surpassed by Mbappe at this point. Which i doubt that mbappe will win the ballon d'or either for aslong as he stays with psg, because if either wants to win, Psg probably has to win the champions league and they usually fail in the last hurdle. Well unless france or brazil wins the world cup.

Even if France or Brazil wins the world cup either in 2022 or beyond, both will still struggle to win the balloon d'or, if they don't put the show that will put smiles in the face of their fans. Take a look at what KB9 did last season, such performances last season was a complete standout performance, no one got close to him. That's the kind of performances we want to see from Ney, before he can be considered a balloon d'or contender anytime. 

Nope - not at all. He's injury prone, up in age and although he is talented, he lacks the discipline required to ever be considered a Ballon D'or winner. When you look at players like Ronaldo, Messi and Benzema and how strictly they train and diet, you come to realize why Neymar will never get there.

The tendencies of that happening is relatively low when he is contending with players like mpabbe.

Something could definitely happen in the future just like what is currently going on around Benzema, Neymar could also upscale his game and get back on track to be a Worthy contender for the ballon d'or but right now his chances are slim.

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

The tendencies of that happening is relatively low when he is contending with players like mpabbe.

Something could definitely happen in the future just like what is currently going on around Benzema, Neymar could also upscale his game and get back on track to be a Worthy contender for the ballon d'or but right now his chances are slim.

Neymar Jr may have slim chances at this time, but we can't say never for him. He still has the potential, even at his late thirties, he will be considered a contender of the balloon d'or. But he should show hard working, make his football do the talking for him and limit his extravagant lifestyle off the pitch lol. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

He still has the potential, even at his late thirties, he will be considered a contender of the balloon d'or. But he should show hard working, make his football do the talking for him and limit his extravagant lifestyle off the pitch lol. 

He still has the potential and if he work harder at performing better he could still win a ballon d'or.

But seriously I don't think his extravagant lifestyle is actually affecting him maybe his bank account but not his performance, either ways reducing it would be good as well.

36 minutes ago, Clasher said:

He still has the potential and if he work harder at performing better he could still win a ballon d'or.

But seriously I don't think his extravagant lifestyle is actually affecting him maybe his bank account but not his performance, either ways reducing it would be good as well.

He's kind of a boy that loves partying and show boy kind of things, that's normal for most Brazilians. I'm not against his life outside of football, even if he parties much. I just want him to be more robust in the football pitch, he's a footballer that is destined for more bigger achievements than he has at the moment. 

11 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

He's kind of a boy that loves partying and show boy kind of things, that's normal for most Brazilians. I'm not against his life outside of football, even if he parties much. I just want him to be more robust in the football pitch, he's a footballer that is destined for more bigger achievements than he has at the moment. 

That's true, he should focus more on building his career, he has set some good records but there are still .ore he could do if he tried harder.

Partying is a choice and still very much fun but doing it at the expense of your profession would only limit the player more.

47 minutes ago, Clasher said:

That's true, he should focus more on building his career, he has set some good records but there are still .ore he could do if he tried harder.

Partying is a choice and still very much fun but doing it at the expense of your profession would only limit the player more.

Sure, when you allow entertainment to career away, you'll lose form in the field of play, and it is a major problem for most Brazilian players who plied their trades in Europe, and Neymar Jr isn't an exemption to that. He needs to work more harder to show the world what we've really missed and surely the balloon d'or will come to him. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Sure, when you allow entertainment to career away, you'll lose form in the field of play, and it is a major problem for most Brazilian players who plied their trades in Europe, and Neymar Jr isn't an exemption to that. He needs to work more harder to show the world what we've really missed and surely the balloon d'or will come to him. 

At the moment I don't think Neymar is even concerned about winning the ballon d'or Because he doesn't act like he is even Interested in it.

I think he is more about the fun he derives playing soccer, the money and the superstar lifestyle.

Any ways i still wish him the very best in his career.

On 7/21/2022 at 5:08 PM, Clasher said:

At the moment I don't think Neymar is even concerned about winning the ballon d'or Because he doesn't act like he is even Interested in it.

I think he is more about the fun he derives playing soccer, the money and the superstar lifestyle.

Any ways i still wish him the very best in his career.

Their is no football star who doesn't wish for the best. Neymar Jr wants the balloon d'or just as any other player wants it, but since he can't make it realistic at this time, he is just trying to lower the pressure of winning the balloon d'or, because the competition is much on him. 

18 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Their is no football star who doesn't wish for the best. Neymar Jr wants the balloon d'or just as any other player wants it, but since he can't make it realistic at this time, he is just trying to lower the pressure of winning the balloon d'or, because the competition is much on him. 

There is absolutely no need for him to pressure himself ,he is one of the most paid players right now and made history to be the player with the highest transfer fee.

Let him just work on himself , play better and I believe the ballon d'or would be his to take in no time.

6 minutes ago, Clasher said:

There is absolutely no need for him to pressure himself ,he is one of the most paid players right now and made history to be the player with the highest transfer fee.

Let him just work on himself , play better and I believe the ballon d'or would be his to take in no time.

Yes, their is need for him to be on the pressure for the balloon d'or, those who won it record seventh times never lived with pressure. Leo Messi said, he doesn't play soccer with the pressure, at times he never expected to win the balloon d'or, but the game favoured him. He plays what feels good and not what others thinks of him. So, Neymar should play what feels good for himself and leave the rest for his fans to vote him. 

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, their is need for him to be on the pressure for the balloon d'or, those who won it record seventh times never lived with pressure. Leo Messi said, he doesn't play soccer with the pressure, at times he never expected to win the balloon d'or, but the game favoured him. He plays what feels good and not what others thinks of him. So, Neymar should play what feels good for himself and leave the rest for his fans to vote him. 

That's exactly my point mate

Just play your best ,don't over impress and try to show skill when you are supposed to be scoring goals.

Football fans aren't bias in most cases and would vote for you if you merit it.