Register Now
Justin11

Will Neymar Jr ever lay his hands on the balloon d'or trophy anytime soon?

10 hours ago, Clasher said:

That's exactly my point mate

Just play your best ,don't over impress and try to show skill when you are supposed to be scoring goals.

Football fans aren't bias in most cases and would vote for you if you merit it.

Sure, the fans don't vote when it comes to balloon d'or awards or FIFA the best awards. If not, C. Ronaldo could've won it severally since he has so much fans all over the world than any other footballer. 

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Sure, the fans don't vote when it comes to balloon d'or awards or FIFA the best awards. If not, C. Ronaldo could've won it severally since he has so much fans all over the world than any other footballer. 

I know the ballon d'or is a one of most prestigious award given to footballers, but who actually makes the decision on which player is given the award.

Is it the football fans , the football players or the organizers of the award? How is a player screened to know who deserves it Better?

13 hours ago, Clasher said:

I know the ballon d'or is a one of most prestigious award given to footballers, but who actually makes the decision on which player is given the award.

Is it the football fans , the football players or the organizers of the award? How is a player screened to know who deserves it Better?

France Football Federation (FFF) have selected number of voters for the award, and it comes down to coaches in various major clubs and nationalities, pundits, club/team captains and the nominees of the balloon d'or takes part in voting. Fans don't partake, if not, the voting would be going to the wrong choice all the time. 

9 hours ago, Justin11 said:

France Football Federation (FFF) have selected number of voters for the award, and it comes down to coaches in various major clubs and nationalities, pundits, club/team captains and the nominees of the balloon d'or takes part in voting. Fans don't partake, if not, the voting would be going to the wrong choice all the time. 

Okay, that's a good approach , Messi won it 3 straight times back to back so that means he got the majority votes from both the nominees and every other member of the voting class.

Messi is definitely the greatest footballer of all time.

On 7/25/2022 at 4:31 AM, Clasher said:

I found this article on Goal for you. It seems a bunch of selected Journalist do it.

13 hours ago, Clasher said:

Okay, that's a good approach , Messi won it 3 straight times back to back so that means he got the majority votes from both the nominees and every other member of the voting class.

Messi is definitely the greatest footballer of all time.

Messi won it four straight times between 2009-2012, before adding the remaining three to his name. He got the votes due to his eye catching performances, their is no way he'll be denied with such sublime form. 

Just now, Justin11 said:

Messi won it four straight times between 2009-2012, before adding the remaining three to his name. He got the votes due to his eye catching performances, their is no way he'll be denied with such sublime form. 

I stand to be corrected though, but I actually knew he won it back to back and Ronaldo was the one to break his wining streak after about four ballon d'or awarded.

3 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I stand to be corrected though, but I actually knew he won it back to back and Ronaldo was the one to break his wining streak after about four ballon d'or awarded.

Yeah, Ronaldo and Messi shared the balloon d'or for 10 years together, until Luka Modric took the 2018 edition of the balloon d'or award due to his excellent form for RMA and Croatia that year. 

4 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, Ronaldo and Messi shared the balloon d'or for 10 years together, until Luka Modric took the 2018 edition of the balloon d'or award due to his excellent form for RMA and Croatia that year. 

Yeah I remember that as well, Luka modric performed excellently well during the world cup that year and took them to the finals but lost against France.

I think mpabbe could have won that ballon d'or because France won the cup but he lost to Luka modric.

22 minutes ago, Clasher said:

Yeah I remember that as well, Luka modric performed excellently well during the world cup that year and took them to the finals but lost against France.

I think mpabbe could have won that ballon d'or because France won the cup but he lost to Luka modric.

Not mpabbe, but Mbappe. He didn't scoop the individual award, due to his club form not being good enough to outshine Modric. Modric had an excellent 2018 year both club and country, and based on individual performance too. 

2 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Not mpabbe, but Mbappe. He didn't scoop the individual award, due to his club form not being good enough to outshine Modric. Modric had an excellent 2018 year both club and country, and based on individual performance too. 

I don't know why I keeping putting the p' instead of b' everytime 😅.

He was one of the strongest contenders against modric that year, mbappe hasn't really dazzled as much as he did in 2018, he has just been a good player but not an excellent one.

2 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I don't know why I keeping putting the p' instead of b' everytime 😅.

He was one of the strongest contenders against modric that year, mbappe hasn't really dazzled as much as he did in 2018, he has just been a good player but not an excellent one.

Yes, Mbappe haven't performed up to his 2016 and 2018 standards. He needs to win the UCL and put in excellent performances in the competition before he'll be considered a major contender of the award. 

7 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

Yes, Mbappe haven't performed up to his 2016 and 2018 standards. He needs to win the UCL and put in excellent performances in the competition before he'll be considered a major contender of the award. 

He definitely needs to put in more effort, i like him as a player but he hasn't been able to secure the UCL title and that hasn't added much prestige to his name,he has a world cup win already, adding the UCL to it would boost his chances at the ballon d'or.

On 7/26/2022 at 5:07 PM, Justin11 said:

Ironically that's the only time since 2008 that someone else other than Messi or Ronaldo ever won it which is amazing to say the least.

On 7/26/2022 at 5:44 PM, Justin11 said:

Win the UCL with PSG? PSG is going to continue to bottle it in Europe every year long after he leaves PSG in 3 years time. He should've gone to Real Madrid if he wanted to win the UCL instead of signing a new contract at PSG.

On 7/28/2022 at 6:35 PM, killamch89 said:

Ironically that's the only time since 2008 that someone else other than Messi or Ronaldo ever won it which is amazing to say the least.

Win the UCL with PSG? PSG is going to continue to bottle it in Europe every year long after he leaves PSG in 3 years time. He should've gone to Real Madrid if he wanted to win the UCL instead of signing a new contract at PSG.

Ney knows it, assumed he stayed put with Barcelona around teammates like Suarez, Messi, he could've still won the UCL, which maybe, the balloon d'or could've followed suit. Let's hope he continues on his current good form until the season ends, he could win the balloon d'or.