Register Now
Yaramaki

Football transfer talk summer 2022

I always enjoy this part of the year, transfer rumours, clubs spending money like there is no tommorow to upgrade their squad. So why not open a thread for this transfer window, what are some done transfer you are exited about and what are some interesting ones, which ones are bound to flop.

This year it's unusual how many players left on a free transfer, let's see the most interesting ones 

Axel Witsel -> From Dortmund one a free to Atletico Madrid (my favourite team in spain)

Divock Origi -> Ac Milan on a free transfer from Liverpool

Paul Pogba -> Back to juventus

i know @Justin11 and @Heatman love to talk about football, so i'll start chiping in more often from now in the sports section on the board.

You're welcome @Yaramaki, the sports section has been my most preferred niche here on VGR. 

Back on topic: 

Here is my take on player transfers this summer, here are the best deals so far for me, it doesn't matter if they're gotten for free or not. What I see in them is potential to succeed in their current team. 

- R. Lewandowski - FC Bayern Munichen - FC Barcelona '€50m including add-ons. That's the best transfer for the season, who came in the back of having 50 goal haul last season, claiming the European golden shoe once again. 

- Darwin Nunez, Benfica FC - Liverpool FC '£64m. Nunez is seen by many as a potential red's legend, be has the potential to seize his opportunity so great in the premier league this season. Let's see how it goes for Darwin Nunez when the season gets underway. 

- Erling Haaland, from Borusia Dortmund to Manchester city - '£51m. 

Erling Haaland's father played for city who bears the name 'Alfie Haaland, and was a star back then, when his son 'Erling, used to be a fan boy for the club. Now, the son is a player, this time, I believe he'll perform incredibly more than what his father achieved with the club. He got the potential of becoming a premier league top goal scorer if he puts on the show during his stay at Dortmund, and hopefully become a city legend if he plays for good number of years and keeping his current standards or doing better. 

Other notable transfer options I truly admired are; 

- Raheem sterling, from Manchester city - Chelsea '£47.5. 

- Gabriel Jesus, from Manchester city - to Arsenal - £45m. He has plenty goals already in their ongoing pre-season tour. 

- Raphinha - Leeds united to FC Barcelona - '£49m. 

Edited by Justin11

De Ligt From Juventus to Bayern - 68m which will be confimed soon. To be fair, I think this is a very good transfer and even though I feel like De Ligt has largely underperformed during his time at Juventus, so have many other talented players who've gone there in recent years.

Oleksandr Zinchenko From Manchester City to Arsenal - 30m which will also be confirmed soon. This has to be the best bargain deal of the summer. He's one of the best left back in the EPL, an upgrade on Tierney (who's a pretty good left back himself) and will provide them with leadership and mentality.

On 7/18/2022 at 6:36 PM, Justin11 said:

R. Lewandowski - FC Bayern Munichen - FC Barcelona '€50m including add-ons. That's the best transfer for the season, who came in the back of having 50 goal haul last season, claiming the European golden shoe once again. 

I can't give a more better break down of this season transfer window than what @Justin11 has done here but non of them excites me more than having lewandoski coming to Barcelona this season, I couldn't hold my excitement when it was officially announced.

Better days ahead for Barcelona 💪✌️

Edited by Clasher

5 hours ago, Clasher said:

I can't give a more better break down of this season transfer window than what @Justin11 has done here but non of them excites me more than having lewandoski coming to Barcelona this season, I couldn't hold my excitement when it was officially announced.

Better days ahead for Barcelona 💪✌️

I didn't believe my eyes until I saw lewandowski coming to Barcelona, and the deal came through, I was thinking it will break down since Barcà was facing issue of financial instability. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I didn't believe my eyes until I saw lewandowski coming to Barcelona, and the deal came through, I was thinking it will break down since Barcà was facing issue of financial instability. 

Same here mate, the story is not clear at all how you can be asking your already existing players to take a pay cut and sign another player for more than 30 million euros.

Well , at this point all that matters to me is seeing lewandoski on the pitch playing for Barcelona.😁

On 7/21/2022 at 5:17 PM, Clasher said:

Same here mate, the story is not clear at all how you can be asking your already existing players to take a pay cut and sign another player for more than 30 million euros.

Well , at this point all that matters to me is seeing lewandoski on the pitch playing for Barcelona.😁

That's all it matters. Barcà might say, they borrowed all this funds in players acquisition just to strengthen the club and not seeing the club losing its core value of being one of tbe best teams around. But truth be told, they didn't handle Leo Messi transfer saga, they allowed him go, even when Messi have slashed his wages 75% the previous campaign. They ought to borrow too, and keep him in the club, Barcà suffered due to the exit of that man, and we suffer for years if time is not taken. 

On 7/23/2022 at 9:03 AM, Justin11 said:

That's all it matters. Barcà might say, they borrowed all this funds in players acquisition just to strengthen the club and not seeing the club losing its core value of being one of tbe best teams around. But truth be told, they didn't handle Leo Messi transfer saga, they allowed him go, even when Messi have slashed his wages 75% the previous campaign. They ought to borrow too, and keep him in the club, Barcà suffered due to the exit of that man, and we suffer for years if time is not taken. 

Messi was an integral part of Barcelona but I am happy that we let him go and Messi leaving the club was still going to happen one way or the other.

Barcelona would still grow and move forward with or without Messi it would just take a combined effort of the club Managers to sign in good players and draft a new strategy that would work for all the current players in the team and ensure they win most of the big titles.

9 hours ago, Clasher said:

Messi was an integral part of Barcelona but I am happy that we let him go and Messi leaving the club was still going to happen one way or the other.

Barcelona would still grow and move forward with or without Messi it would just take a combined effort of the club Managers to sign in good players and draft a new strategy that would work for all the current players in the team and ensure they win most of the big titles.

Yeah, Messi or no Messi Barcelona will remain Barcelona, and will be attracting big players too. But my point is the way Messi left the club. For a player that has given his all for the club, his interest wasn't protected. 

14 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Yeah, Messi or no Messi Barcelona will remain Barcelona, and will be attracting big players too. But my point is the way Messi left the club. For a player that has given his all for the club, his interest wasn't protected. 

That's true, Messi devoted all of his professional soccer career to Barcelona and should have left better than the way Barcelona gave him away.

Messi cried the day he was giving his goodbye speech to the team's press.

So as an update - Jules Kounde has joined Barcelona for 55m Euros and Xavi confirms that Sergino Dest is also staying. As for the Frenkie De Jong saga, well, I'm not sure how this one is going to turn out but Barca have had an amazing window.

It's a complete shame that Barcelona bought all good players, but finding it hard to register them due to La Liga Santander rules. Barcelona is broke to care for the players wages and other internal debts. I wonder why Barcelona will enter into the market buying quality players knowing fully well that they'll struggle to register those players. 

This window is hilarious! Anthony Gordon to Chelsea and they're willing to pay 60m for him?! That Everton lad isn't even worth 60 cents in my opinion. All he has is pace - literally nothing else. Chelsea have way better attackers in their team than him. Same thing like 75m for Fofana, he's a decent player but 75m?! Antony from Ajax to Man United for 85m?! The lad isn't even worth half that if I'm being honest and the Dutch league is way below the Premier League in terms of competitiveness and quality of teams.

On 8/26/2022 at 2:10 AM, killamch89 said:

This window is hilarious! Anthony Gordon to Chelsea and they're willing to pay 60m for him?! That Everton lad isn't even worth 60 cents in my opinion. All he has is pace - literally nothing else. Chelsea have way better attackers in their team than him. Same thing like 75m for Fofana, he's a decent player but 75m?! Antony from Ajax to Man United for 85m?! The lad isn't even worth half that if I'm being honest and the Dutch league is way below the Premier League in terms of competitiveness and quality of teams.

I don't even think these player are valued according to their skill and performance but because it's currently a trend for big teams to spend outrageous amount of money on players transfer every transfer window since 2017.