Register Now
runswithspatulas

wishful thinking...

On 8/19/2022 at 7:41 AM, Clasher said:

Breath of the wild would be a good game to be available on PC it has so much potentials in my opinion and I enjoy playing it quite a lot.

For a platformer like super Mario Odyssey they chances of that ever been possible is minimal.

It's The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild 2 that's all over my mind and heart now. If it's possible for me make the developers speed up with the game's development, I would do it no doubt. Although, I know that it's not always nice to rush a game's development because of the lapses it may come with. 

On 8/22/2022 at 4:58 PM, Heatman said:

It's The Legend of Zelda : Breath of the Wild 2 that's all over my mind and heart now. If it's possible for me make the developers speed up with the game's development, I would do it no doubt. Although, I know that it's not always nice to rush a game's development because of the lapses it may come with. 

The legend of Zelda is one of my favorite games on Nintendo switch right now.

I am also anticipating the release of breath of the wild 2. I would sincere have loved for hard west 2 to be on Nintendo switch as well.

On 7/20/2022 at 5:06 PM, runswithspatulas said:

i wish the pc companies would get together with nintendo and try to figure out a way to bring more pc only games to nintendo. i will never be able to play cod with friends because there's no way to on a switch. there's been quite a few pc only games i've seen that interest me. the so called "similar" ones that switch offers up don't always have the best gameplay or mechanics. if they can offer us fortnite with all that goes into that game i don't understand why they couldn't have a switch version of cod that played the same. your thoughts in things like this?

I've been wishing for that since the early 2000's but Nintendo values their franchises so deeply and the money they make from them that even just holding an unofficial event commemorating those characters can end up with you being sued by Nintendo. They want their properties to remake on Nintendo platforms only and that's why they always go after Emulator makers and others like that.

33 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I've been wishing for that since the early 2000's but Nintendo values their franchises so deeply and the money they make from them that even just holding an unofficial event commemorating those characters can end up with you being sued by Nintendo. They want their properties to remake on Nintendo platforms only and that's why they always go after Emulator makers and others like that.

I think runswithspatulas was talking about Switch ports of PC games though, instead of porting Nintendo games to the PC. 😄

I heard that Doom (2016) didn't port well on the Switch because of performance issues, which is hardly surprising considering graphics were never Nintendo's top priority with their games. I highly doubt they'd be able to port Call of Duty games with their ultra-realistic graphics to the Switch because of that. Nintendo's just gonna do its own thing of doing 3D platformers. It's made tons of money off the younger audiences that way.

Edited by Akun

2 minutes ago, Akun said:

I think runswithspatulas was talking about Switch ports of Nintendo games though, instead of porting Nintendo games to the PC. 😄

Thanks for correcting me - I think it's one of two things. They don't allow a lot of mature games on the Nintendo Platforms anymore (Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat, Calll Of Duty etc.) They want to maintain that family friendly image and the Switch just doesn't have the hardware to handle such games even as a low quality port.

I am also looking forward to that collaboration, but truth be told, Nintendo Switch doesn't have the necessary features to run a game such as Call of Duty at the moment. If Nintendo decides to do an upgrade to the device, that will be great though. 

Most games that are only available on PC outside the RTS genre are not AAA titles that demand the most out of hardware, most of them are "indie" games. So I don't understand why @runswithspatulas is focusing on PC titles in the opening post. The switch actually has a good reputation with small, indie developers, so as long as Nintendo wants thier game on the console, it can happen.

What you should be concerned with is those AAA publishers who release game on PC, Xbox and PlayStation, but not Nintendo. It's not that no games from Activision, Ubisoft or EA come to the Switch, so it's not that Nintendo' has a bad relationship with these publishers. However a lot of these publisher's games don't make it onto the Switch and I do believe it's because making ports for the Switch whilst still maintaining the kind of graphical standards expected in modern, AAA games is getting more and more difficult. As others have said, the Switch's hardware was not going to keep up with AAA development for very long, so I'm sorry to sy I don't see this problem being resolved anytime soon, on the contrary I think if anything it's only going to get worse.

On 8/24/2022 at 3:17 PM, Clasher said:

The legend of Zelda is one of my favorite games on Nintendo switch right now.

I am also anticipating the release of breath of the wild 2. I would sincere have loved for hard west 2 to be on Nintendo switch as well.

Hard West first release was great. I enjoyed playing ever bit of it. I love the inclusion of wizardry and ghosts in the game. It made it a bit more creepy. It's got touch of Red Dead Redemption 2.

What do you think? 

54 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Hard West first release was great. I enjoyed playing ever bit of it. I love the inclusion of wizardry and ghosts in the game. It made it a bit more creepy. It's got touch of Red Dead Redemption 2.

What do you think? 

You and @Clasher are doing that thing again where you just talk about whatever you want within a thread that hasn't got anything to do with the topic. If you want to keep this conversation going, do it through PM's or on a more appropriate thread. You both know how this supposed to work. Next time, there will be not post like this from me reminding you and no message sent to you in warning, I'll just start deleting posts instead because I've had enough of telling you.

8 hours ago, Shagger said:

You and @Clasher are doing that thing again where you just talk about whatever you want within a thread that hasn't got anything to do with the topic. If you want to keep this conversation going, do it through PM's or on a more appropriate thread. You both know how this supposed to work. Next time, there will be not post like this from me reminding you and no message sent to you in warning, I'll just start deleting posts instead because I've had enough of telling you.

First of all this was my post. Second of all since there seems to be such a strict policy on what I can and can't discuss within a thread I think I'm just gonna go ahead leave the site. I can't handle having all my threads nitpicked & being threatened with having my posts deleted. If it's that big of a frickin deal then have at it. I'm done.

2 minutes ago, runswithspatulas said:

First of all this was my post. Second of all since there seems to be such a strict policy on what I can and can't discuss within a thread I think I'm just gonna go ahead leave the site. I can't handle having all my threads nitpicked & being threatened with having my posts deleted. If it's that big of a frickin deal then have at it. I'm done.

What?  He wasn't accusing you and I don't recall you ever doing anything like this.  It's up to you but there's really no need to abandon ship.

Ok, first off I want to apologize. I completely misread his post.

Second of all we've discussed it and it's all good. 

So I want to put the ugliness behind and get on with the discussion.

They occasionally make pc games for the Switch. They recently brought us Ooblets which is a cute little game. A lot of times when they make something for the Switch the graphics tend to be lacking. Some of the games the gameplay is really screwed up. So I get that not all pc games can be brought over. It's nice when it works out though.