Register Now
Kane99

Studios you'd like to see take on other IPs

For example, would you ever like to see CD Projekt Red make GTA? Maybe RARE making a Call of Duty game. This is just a what if scenario, obviously none of this will ever happen, at least not most of these studios and games. But, what if things were changed around, and these studios were making different games? 

I'd love to see RARE take on some Nintendo games, push them back into making those types of games. But what about you? What studios out there, would you like to see tackle an IP from another studio? 

Rare took way more flak than was deserved for Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, so I'd like to see them do a LEGO game. They clearly know their stuff when it comes to characters, mechanics, world design, physics and whatever else is required to make that sort of game with the property that should've been used.

Bandai-Namco, having made Klonoa and Pac-Man World back in ye olden days (I'm pleased to say Klonoa stealth-released on Steam earlier this month if people want to check it out) would probably do a good job of a Donkey Kong or Mario game. Or more fitting Crash Bandicoot given the linearity in true 2.5D fashion of Klonoa, or the compact spaces of Pac-Man World.

BlueTwelve Studio behind Stray doing a Dog's Life sequel would be pawsome. I've not yet had chance to play Stray but the reviews can't all be wrong, and honestly the principles behind the two games are similar enough to warrant belief they could do good work with the idea.

Finally, off the top of my head, Harebrained Schemes doing taking Fallout back to its CRPG roots. They did astounding work with the Shadowrun Returns trilogy, Dragonfall my favourite (and seemingly the most critically acclaimed). They write well, their dry wit and sense of humour would work for the setting, and their turn-based mechanics are far more fluid than most in the genre.

I can see myself returning to this thread, I like this idea a lot. Thanks for sharing it with us, Kane.

43 minutes ago, Withywarlock said:

Rare took way more flak than was deserved for Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts, so I'd like to see them do a LEGO game. They clearly know their stuff when it comes to characters, mechanics, world design, physics and whatever else is required to make that sort of game with the property that should've been used.

Bandai-Namco, having made Klonoa and Pac-Man World back in ye olden days (I'm pleased to say Klonoa stealth-released on Steam earlier this month if people want to check it out) would probably do a good job of a Donkey Kong or Mario game. Or more fitting Crash Bandicoot given the linearity in true 2.5D fashion of Klonoa, or the compact spaces of Pac-Man World.

BlueTwelve Studio behind Stray doing a Dog's Life sequel would be pawsome. I've not yet had chance to play Stray but the reviews can't all be wrong, and honestly the principles behind the two games are similar enough to warrant belief they could do good work with the idea.

Finally, off the top of my head, Harebrained Schemes doing taking Fallout back to its CRPG roots. They did astounding work with the Shadowrun Returns trilogy, Dragonfall my favourite (and seemingly the most critically acclaimed). They write well, their dry wit and sense of humour would work for the setting, and their turn-based mechanics are far more fluid than most in the genre.

I can see myself returning to this thread, I like this idea a lot. Thanks for sharing it with us, Kane.

RARE doing a LEGO game would be pretty dope, I can see them getting very creative with it. Who currently owns the LEGO license to make games? 

And yes! A Dog's Life by the makers of Stray would be pretty dope in my opinion. I haven't played Stray yet, but I can see myself playing it one of these days. So more from this team would be great! 

The thing with getting multiple studios working at the same time is that you'll have employees that specialize in specific studio environments, they may also have an issue with the other employees and it'll be hard to get around that. Studios work perfectly alone, only collaborating for fact checking an IP and getting commissioned technology.

A no brainer would be Ryu Ga Gotoku studio (the guys behind the yakuza series) taking on the shenmue ip. While the man himself Yu suzuki commands nothing but respect he and his small team can't do the shenmue franchise justice anymore and maybe it's time for him keep his legacy intact, retire and enjoy his old day. The guys from Ryu Ga Gotoku studio mastered the while small, compared to other open world games. The open world formula with creating a world full of interesting content and things to do.

Arc system works, these guys pretty much mastered the 2d fighting genre why not let them do something with the tekken or street fighter ip. Pretty sure it would come close to the best 2d fighter ever made.

Warhorse studios (the studio behind the underrated Kingdom come deliverance) have proven they can create an interesting open world, write an interesting stories and side quests that are actually fun to play, put them on the elder scrolls ip and given enough time and budget you could do a lot worse then them. Maybe a more realistic scenario for the elder scrolls ip would be Obsidian.

Since we're making shit up why not have Playground games have a crack at a new Project Gotham Racing game or a sequel to the still exellent og xbox exclusives duo of rallisport challenge games.

3 hours ago, Empire said:

The thing with getting multiple studios working at the same time is that you'll have employees that specialize in specific studio environments, they may also have an issue with the other employees and it'll be hard to get around that. Studios work perfectly alone, only collaborating for fact checking an IP and getting commissioned technology.

Of course, this is more of a what if scenario in which one studio takes on anothers game. So like EA taking control of GTA V, but that would be awful haha. But that's just an example. I figure most of these studios would never work together anyway, but thought it'd be cool to hear thoughts on what if that did happen. 

43 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

A no brainer would be Ryu Ga Gotoku studio (the guys behind the yakuza series) taking on the shenmue ip. While the man himself Yu suzuki commands nothing but respect he and his small team can't do the shenmue franchise justice anymore and maybe it's time for him keep his legacy intact, retire and enjoy his old day. The guys from Ryu Ga Gotoku studio mastered the while small, compared to other open world games. The open world formula with creating a world full of interesting content and things to do.

Arc system works, these guys pretty much mastered the 2d fighting genre why not let them do something with the tekken or street fighter ip. Pretty sure it would come close to the best 2d fighter ever made.

Warhorse studios (the studio behind the underrated Kingdom come deliverance) have proven they can create an interesting open world, write an interesting stories and side quests that are actually fun to play, put them on the elder scrolls ip and given enough time and budget you could do a lot worse then them. Maybe a more realistic scenario for the elder scrolls ip would be Obsidian.

Since we're making shit up why not have Playground games have a crack at a new Project Gotham Racing game or a sequel to the still exellent og xbox exclusives duo of rallisport challenge games.

I could see that, I feel like those Yakuza games take a lot from Shenmue anyway, so I could see it actually working out. Or maybe what would be even better is if Yu Suzuki teamed with the people behind Yakuza to make a more advanced Shenmue game. That'd be cool. 

I don't think I ever played anything from Arc System, but after looking them up, I see what you mean. 

I'd love to see the people behind Kingdom Come Deliverance work on an elder scrolls game. Haven't played Kingdom yet, but I've been meaning to eventually. 

5 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I don't care which company it's going to be but I just need any other company to take over 2K Games making of the WWE Games. 2K is way out of their depths in developing the WWE game franchise. 

I'd also like them to give their sporting series to someone else as they keep ruining them with microtransactions as well.

17 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I'd also like them to give their sporting series to someone else as they keep ruining them with microtransactions as well.

Seriously!! I have been so fed up with what 2K have been doing with just about most of their games for years now with no sign of improvement at all. I'm just tired and sick of them. 

On 9/1/2022 at 5:34 PM, Heatman said:

Seriously!! I have been so fed up with what 2K have been doing with just about most of their games for years now with no sign of improvement at all. I'm just tired and sick of them. 

Between them and EA, they make the same sports games every year with a graphical update at best while re-adding features from former games and labelling them "revolutionary" while not addressing the real issues or neglecting other features of the game and prioritising things like Fifa Ultimate Team.