Register Now
Kane99

Netflix should really start to release bigger/triple A games

4 hours ago, Gonassis said:

I'm also waiting to see what their next move will be, as I'm interested in how these big companies move their chess pieces.

also adding ads doesn't sound that bad to me as I'm used to that on YouTube. (I turned my adblocker off, so my favorite creators can get revenue lol) 😂

Lol

Ads could be annoying Especially when you are deeply engrossed in watching a content and then it suddenly comes up.

I can't actually say it's a good thing for Netflix to bring on their screen play but if that's a more viable solution for them they could try it out.

4 hours ago, Gonassis said:

I'm also waiting to see what their next move will be, as I'm interested in how these big companies move their chess pieces.

also adding ads doesn't sound that bad to me as I'm used to that on YouTube. (I turned my adblocker off, so my favorite creators can get revenue lol) 😂

I'm noticing that Netflix are having some of their series canceled as well. It might be one of the reasons why they are losing subscribers, you never can tell. As for their inclusion of ads in their subscription, it's just a ploy for them to make more money. Most people wouldn't mind and some would pay for it to be removed from their subscription. 

2 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I'm noticing that Netflix are having some of their series canceled as well. It might be one of the reasons why they are losing subscribers, you never can tell. As for their inclusion of ads in their subscription, it's just a ploy for them to make more money. Most people wouldn't mind and some would pay for it to be removed from their subscription. 

That's true, maybe their budget went down so they didn't want to put a substandard series out on their platform.

Definitely, everything they are doing right now is just to make more profit and I Know people would be willing to pay to remove ads too.

3 minutes ago, Clasher said:

That's true, maybe their budget went down so they didn't want to put a substandard series out on their platform.

Definitely, everything they are doing right now is just to make more profit and I Know people would be willing to pay to remove ads too.

One of the reasons why they cancel some of their TV shows is when it fails to make a good turn over in terms of the profit they are expecting. 

It's just like the reason why they cancelled "FIRST KILL". I can see the reason why the TV shows didn't have much viewership because I think that the vampire storyline have been exhausted. 

You can read more about it Here

6 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It's just like the reason why they cancelled "FIRST KILL". I can see the reason why the TV shows didn't have much viewership because I think that the vampire storyline have been exhausted. 

I haven't watched first kill but it was kinda dissatisfying when the society tv series was cancelled.

For a profit oriented company like Netflix whatever doesn't yield them as much money as they put into it is definitely on a waiting list to be cancelled.

This could be among the reasons why they haven't done any triple A game.

5 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I haven't watched first kill but it was kinda dissatisfying when the society tv series was cancelled.

For a profit oriented company like Netflix whatever doesn't yield them as much money as they put into it is definitely on a waiting list to be cancelled.

This could be among the reasons why they haven't done any triple A game.

The FIRST KILL was just cancelled after the 8 episodes in the first season. They didn't get the profit required from it and have it cancelled from further releasing season 2. It's a big loss on their part. I believe it's part of of the mistakes they are trying to avoid by just jumping in video games without having everything mapped out. 

1 hour ago, Heatman said:

The FIRST KILL was just cancelled after the 8 episodes in the first season. They didn't get the profit required from it and have it cancelled from further releasing season 2. It's a big loss on their part. I believe it's part of of the mistakes they are trying to avoid by just jumping in video games without having everything mapped out. 

That's my point exactly, not like they can't do a triple A video game but what's the essence spending so much Money and not been able to make any profit out of it.

If Netflix were to ever do this, they would have to get a triple A title that they can see selling like hot cakes. If the game is just your run of the mill game, then it'd probably be a waste of their time to invest. They would need to be sure that it can succeed. 

On 8/7/2022 at 7:10 PM, Clasher said:

Lol

Ads could be annoying Especially when you are deeply engrossed in watching a content and then it suddenly comes up.

I can't actually say it's a good thing for Netflix to bring on their screen play but if that's a more viable solution for them they could try it out.

True, ads can be annoying like that, maybe it'd be fine for me if the ads were at the start of an episode, and then at the end of an episode...

maybe even one in the middle too, or placed appropriately at the right moment.

1 hour ago, Gonassis said:

True, ads can be annoying like that, maybe it'd be fine for me if the ads were at the start of an episode, and then at the end of an episode...

maybe even one in the middle too, or placed appropriately at the right moment.

That's true , which ever way they choose to do it atleast it shouldn't be too distracting or  placed haphazardly.

Edited by Clasher

With the way the Netflix earnings showed that basically, no one plays the current games, I'm not too sure if they would release an actual game that would be AAA or to current generation standards (if they did, that would seriously put them in the running against Amazon Gaming).

On 8/7/2022 at 4:45 PM, Kane99 said:

If Netflix were to ever do this, they would have to get a triple A title that they can see selling like hot cakes. If the game is just your run of the mill game, then it'd probably be a waste of their time to invest. They would need to be sure that it can succeed. 

Everything boils down to caution, more research and ground work in making sure that they get it right because make no mistakes about it, if the game project doesn't meet gamers expectations, it's definitely going to be dead right from the start. 

On top of this all, it looks like no one is really playing the current games Netflix does have. Wired has an article that came out last week, that mentions that most people don't even know Netflix has games. It is said that 99% of subscribers might not even know about their games. Which says one thing, it's not good. If they were to jump into the triple A market, I don't think they would be able to succeed. 

You can read about that bit of news here - https://www.wired.com/story/netflix-mobile-games-no-one-playing/

On 8/17/2022 at 12:27 AM, Kane99 said:

On top of this all, it looks like no one is really playing the current games Netflix does have. Wired has an article that came out last week, that mentions that most people don't even know Netflix has games. It is said that 99% of subscribers might not even know about their games. Which says one thing, it's not good. If they were to jump into the triple A market, I don't think they would be able to succeed. 

You can read about that bit of news here - https://www.wired.com/story/netflix-mobile-games-no-one-playing/

It's actually not a surprising thing to hear because most people are just familiar with Netflix only linked with only movies and not video games. 

Netflix would have to go into extraordinary and an extensive marketing of their game's projects in order to make more of their subscribers aware of it. 

On 8/17/2022 at 12:27 AM, Kane99 said:

The part about "most people not knowing that Netflix has games is true".

I was having a chat with a friend and we were discussing about game developing studios with the best overall video games out and along the line I mentioned Netflix makes video games and he was surprised to learn about it.

I think Netflix didn't do much advertising about their video games as much as they do their tv shows , movies or series which could be one of the reasons for it's poor sells.