Register Now
Kane99

Now Assassin’s Creed players are planning a huge online funeral

With the news of RDR2 online having a funeral due to it pretty much losing support. The fans behind Assassin's Creed are going to do the same, but a bit differently. It looks like Ubisoft is closing the servers for some of the older AC games that had online modes, those being Brotherhood, Revelations, and Assassin’s Creed 3. Surprised that anyone could still be playing these games online. What I found odd, is that Brotherhood had multiplayer? I don't remember them having online capabilities, but I guess they did. 

Either way, it sucks when an old game loses their servers. I know it makes sense considering these games are old by todays standards. Do you think that this will result in fans making their own servers to continue playing? 

Read more on this news here - https://www.pcgamesn.com/assassin-s-creed-iii/funeral-online-servers

No idea what came of this, I'm guessing a few people did have a funeral for the games, but I didn't see or join in. 

Looking back at this topic now, I realize that most of these games don't have many people playing their online modes. That's even if anyone is playing, or was playing before they took the servers down. 

I'm sure some people will make their own private servers to keep some of these classics alive online. 

11 hours ago, Empire said:

How did that want I wounder 🙂

Who knows? We haven't heard anything since the original story so I assume a few people attended it...Pretty bizarre decision in itself but because Ubisoft is the one doing this, I don't know why anyone expected better.

They did an online funeral because Assassin Creed lost support , that's hilarious and Assassin creed is still very much around and they are still going to get more and more games out in subsequent times so there's absolutely no need to offer support for much older games.

Ubisoft servers suck straight up. They have an extremely poor server. They are standing there with a cord phone saying, hey y'all come join us. And it is worrying because they want to initiate Infinity which will break their servers. Infinity is supposed to be a sort of gateway to easily access the AC series. Nobody is clear how that will work. It's sort of a homepage or map that is always updated. That is the scary part. So the 'online funeral' won't die. It will be transported into Infinity. That's my take on it. Most likely though it will only include the most modern games of the series. And multiplayer will be a part of it too. It will still offer single player AC games as we know it to be. Just beware, the servers no doubt will crash all the time. 

On 11/16/2022 at 8:02 AM, Reality vs Adventure said:

Ubisoft servers suck straight up. They have an extremely poor server. They are standing there with a cord phone saying, hey y'all come join us. And it is worrying because they want to initiate Infinity which will break their servers. Infinity is supposed to be a sort of gateway to easily access the AC series. Nobody is clear how that will work. It's sort of a homepage or map that is always updated. That is the scary part. So the 'online funeral' won't die. It will be transported into Infinity. That's my take on it. Most likely though it will only include the most modern games of the series. And multiplayer will be a part of it too. It will still offer single player AC games as we know it to be. Just beware, the servers no doubt will crash all the time. 

I feel they've been in the gaming industry to still be having issues in their servers.

If this is happens for more younger game studios it would be understandable but for Ubisoft it is unacceptable.