Register Now
StaceyPowers

DLCs you like more than their base games?

14 hours ago, Akun said:

I think it also depends on your interests as well, because certain simulators can cater to your specific niche, like a movie-making simulator game for your inner film-buff. I don't consider myself the most passionate gamer ever, but I really enjoyed Game Dev Tycoon and could play it all day long without getting bored, because the feeling of being this game developer going through the different important milestones of video game history was surreal and really interesting. I had a lot of fun simulating the experience of creating notable video games like Half-Life, Halo, and of course, all those 16-bit games on the N64. The mod that stretched out the gameplay by making time move slower really helped because it means that I could create more games from all the different periods of video game history.

I get that feeling very well and it's why you kind of played more games in the genre that you would be able to pick out from the many exactly what works for you. Without trail, you wouldn't really be able to know and not even after reading reviews about the game. 

The Frozen Wilds DLC for Horizon Zero Dawn. Good length, improved cut scenes, new machines to fight and improved gear to earn and you did have to earn it as the important improvement was the challenge. It what was already a challenging game, they made the DLC harder, but not to the point hat it felt cheap. The best thing about it was the ethics. They didn't even start work on the DLC until the main game was both released and patched and added to what I felt was a very fair price, this was a DLC where everything was done right. It's a shame the the PlayStation brand we see now seems determined to make as many mistakes as possible and screw over thier fans at every turn.

On 9/2/2022 at 7:51 AM, Akun said:

I found Happy Home Paradise a lot more unique and interesting than the Animal Crossing: New Horizons base game with its gameplay of opening up schools and facilities for the island, not to mention designing homes for the different villagers. New Horizons just felt boring after a long time of fishing and collecting fruits. I'm glad the DLC shook things up.

Yeah, that is same here. I like the Happy Home Paradise as well. You just get the feeling that you are doing much more to help the community's success in area of opening up schools and the rest. I didn't get bored playing Animal crossing though. 

On 9/4/2022 at 2:32 PM, NightmareFarm said:

Ardyn DLC for FFXV. If they made a full game out of it it would be god tier.

I never got to play that Ardyn DLC and it looks like it's time for me to get it checked out. I'm very happy you brought it in here. 

9 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

It's great if you liked Ardyn as a villain from FFXV. You won't see him the same way after playing it though, keep that in mind.

I will surly keep that in mind. If you liked it to point it out, I'm very sure that it's something that most people who are into Final Fantasy franchise would like too. 

Witcher 3: Blood And Wine is well-written and has a pretty good story as well. I wouldn't necessarily say that I like it more than the base game but there were some aspects of the story that appealed to me more than the base game or the other DLC: Hearts Of Stone. I also liked the Dragonborn DLC in some aspects more than the original Skyrim game because Miraak really felt like a final boss unlike the underwhelming Ebony Warrior and Alduin. I also liked that we got to visit Solstheim hundreds of years later after the events of Morrowind and Daggerfall.

On 7/24/2022 at 12:05 PM, Empire said:

I have mention this before or awhile ago regards to DLCs in another topic and I'm going to say regards to a game called theHunter: Call of the wild that it offers allot of DLCs and almost each DLCs is epic and good. Out of all of the DLCs that I have for the base game I do like this

Ihave been told a couple of times how exciting it is to play the Hunter: Call of the Wild and while I don't feel excited about playing it now, I think it is a game that I should look forward to playing in the future.

On 9/30/2022 at 4:24 AM, Ajibusu said:

Ihave been told a couple of times how exciting it is to play the Hunter: Call of the Wild and while I don't feel excited about playing it now, I think it is a game that I should look forward to playing in the future.

I say go and get it 🙂 I mean the base game is cheap nowdays on sale or from another store. I got it at day one for $50 and now can get it as low as $10 - they make there money on DLCs - Then again I was hypev about it when it got released now however I'm not.

Untill you start playiing it you would not even know. 

On 10/1/2022 at 12:22 PM, Empire said:

I say go and get it 🙂 I mean the base game is cheap nowdays on sale or from another store. I got it at day one for $50 and now can get it as low as $10 - they make there money on DLCs - Then again I was hypev about it when it got released now however I'm not.

Untill you start playiing it you would not even know. 

Never knew it is that cheap now! I will surely find a way to buy it and see how it goes. Why did you not feel excited about playing it nowadays?

7 hours ago, Ajibusu said:

Never knew it is that cheap now! I will surely find a way to buy it and see how it goes. Why did you not feel excited about playing it nowadays?

I lost the hype, that's not down to the game it's just that I lost interst, only time that I play ut if others play it you know. ALso it's walking simulator 😛 that's what you tend to do allot is walk and run 😛