Register Now
NightmareFarm

Is Ghost of Tsushima good?

It's always been on my radar but not high priority but now i'm considering getting it since i dont know what else to play. Looks cool since its like a samurai assassins creed but I held off getting it because it didn't look like something that would wow my socks off. How is the story and gameplay? No spoilers please.

Played ghost of tsushima and for an action adventure game it's quite decent game.

You are basically trying to protect tsushima island during the first Mongol invasion of Japan and you are playing as jin Sakai.

I can't name my top 5 best open world games right now without have Ghost of Tsushima listed among them. You can look into reviews of the game which might have spoilers to see exactly what the game can bring to the table for you. 

If it looks cool to you and money is not an issue then I would say buy it. If you like action/adventure open world games with sword play then this should appeal to you. If money is a problem then I would say wait a few months. Games always get cheaper over time and I’m sure there are good titles you could get for $20 right now.

If you like souls like games, where you have to fight tough enemies, and die a lot, you'll probably like this game. I've never played it, but from what I saw, it's one of those games that you'll really love or really hate because of the difficulty. 

22 hours ago, Kane99 said:

If you like souls like games, where you have to fight tough enemies, and die a lot, you'll probably like this game. I've never played it, but from what I saw, it's one of those games that you'll really love or really hate because of the difficulty. 

You're right about how often you get to die playing the game and it's level of difficulty in killing your opponents. Some opponents can take up to 4 arrows before they die. 

There's even one YouTube video stream where a guy made about how often he dies in the game. 

On 7/27/2022 at 12:35 PM, Heatman said:

You're right about how often you get to die playing the game and it's level of difficulty in killing your opponents. Some opponents can take up to 4 arrows before they die. 

There's even one YouTube video stream where a guy made about how often he dies in the game. 

Anyone who plays it knows it's going to kill you a ton lol. I saw a few streams of people playing it, and they died a ton. Sometimes to the easiest enemies and all that. 

It's a game I want to eventually play, because I like the idea behind it. But I don't know if I can handle the difficulty. 

6 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Anyone who plays it knows it's going to kill you a ton lol. I saw a few streams of people playing it, and they died a ton. Sometimes to the easiest enemies and all that. 

It's a game I want to eventually play, because I like the idea behind it. But I don't know if I can handle the difficulty. 

I can attest to this. It's common to die in like 2 hits in this game kind of like as if you were in a real samurai fight in real life. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Exactly!! At one point when I started playing the game newly, it felt like my experience with playing Dark Souls as well. It was one game that I had serious difficulty mastering how to use bow and arrow.

It took me a while before I got used to it as I even had to get some lessons from a friend of mine who gave me good tips on how do shoot them perfectly. 

Which is why I'm not too big of a fan of tough games like this. I wish I had the patience to play them, because games like this have rich storylines and awesome characters that I'd love to see explored. I could watch a lets play for them, and I have for the likes of a couple Dark Souls games, but would also like to be the one experiencing it first hand instead of watching someone else play. 

I want to have the patience to "git gud" at these types of games, but I just don't. 😞

On 8/3/2022 at 12:07 AM, killamch89 said:

Haven't played it personally but it's been personally recommended by a lot of gamers I know and in addition to that, the amount of Japanese culture/lore in the game is impressive.

Their dressing culture so much appeals to me that I'm very keen on buying any of their attire if I see it in an open store or even order it online. 

On 8/2/2022 at 8:44 PM, Kane99 said:

Which is why I'm not too big of a fan of tough games like this. I wish I had the patience to play them, because games like this have rich storylines and awesome characters that I'd love to see explored. I could watch a lets play for them, and I have for the likes of a couple Dark Souls games, but would also like to be the one experiencing it first hand instead of watching someone else play. 

I want to have the patience to "git gud" at these types of games, but I just don't. 😞

On the easiest difficulty Ghost of Tsushima is quite a breeze to blow trough and becomes even easier the more you play, Suckerpunch made the game so anybody who can hold a controller, can press some buttons and knows how a game works can beat it, comparable  with a ubisoft game on the lowest difficulty. I managed to snag the platinum trophy in about 35 hours and that was even on the default difficulty.

Can't vouch for the hardest difficulty but you know for the story and solid open world it's probably the best sony exclusive on the ps4/5. Well tied with days gone and horizon.  I'd say just go for it, it doesn't really matter on what diffculty you want to play you'll have a good time with the game no matter what.

On 8/2/2022 at 7:44 PM, Kane99 said:

My experience with playing Dark Souls/Demon Souls was what built up my patience towards such kind of games. I took enough punishment from the game and when I got to playing Ghost of Tsushima, it was more like going down the memory lane of something that I have been throwing in the past. It was what hepled me to deal and cope with the game. 

On 7/27/2022 at 5:35 PM, Heatman said:

I like the game play of ghost of tsushima and it's difficulty level makes it a lot more intriguing to play since you have to be really fast to be able to kill opponents with arrows before they get too close to you to be a threat.

You could shoot opponents to arrows to slow them down and then walk close enough to them to finish them up with the sword.

It's an Interesting Game IMO.