Register Now
Yaramaki

Instant Noodles -> it's many variants and flavours

We haven't had too many food related threads around so why not have a thread about instant noodles, everyboydy knows em and imo the ultimate comfort food. So do you like them or not, why not, what brands and flavours do you like the most?

I always keep some around the house for when i don't have much time to cook or whenever i feel like getting some. The beauty of instant noodles apart from being cheap is that there are so many brands and flavours around you can constantly try out something new.

My personal favourites are just the good old nissin cup noodles, flavour doesn't really matter to me because they are all equally good.

Edited by Yaramaki

4 hours ago, Clasher said:

I love the chicken flavour instant noodle or the one most people I know don't appreciate as much as I do which is the pepper soup Instant Noodles I like this one particularly because it is spicy.

I don't think I've ever had the Pepper Soup Instant Noodles - I'm definitely looking it up because I love spicy food.

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I don't think I've ever had the Pepper Soup Instant Noodles - I'm definitely looking it up because I love spicy food.

It's quite popular over here, you have the chicken flavour at number one then the pepper soup Instant Noodles comes next.

Around here you find these road side food stand  that makes them and you could just get one on the go and have your fill.

17 hours ago, Clasher said:

It's quite popular over here, you have the chicken flavour at number one then the pepper soup Instant Noodles comes next.

Around here you find these road side food stand  that makes them and you could just get one on the go and have your fill.

I see - that said, how spicy is it in your opinion? Do you need milk with it kind of spicy or just it burns a bit for 5 seconds and then it falls flat.

Pot Noodle is my new go-to. Original Curry flavour with a baguette to tear and dip into is bliss. I used to enjoy Bachelors' Super Noodles (especially for their Call of Duty competitions) but they took too long between adding hot water and microwaving for five minutes. Not very instant, are they? But they were a lot more filling and flavoursome.

On 7/30/2022 at 11:52 AM, Withywarlock said:

I used to enjoy Bachelors' Super Noodles (especially for their Call of Duty competitions) but they took too long between adding hot water and microwaving for five minutes

I discovered only recently that the "not so instant noodles" the ones that too atleast 5 minutes or more to make fills the belle more that the ones made in less time.

That's the same with the chicken flavour instant noodle and the chilli and curry spiced noodles I  like they are hot but tasty.

On 7/30/2022 at 5:52 AM, Withywarlock said:

Pot Noodle is my new go-to. Original Curry flavour with a baguette to tear and dip into is bliss. I used to enjoy Bachelors' Super Noodles (especially for their Call of Duty competitions) but they took too long between adding hot water and microwaving for five minutes. Not very instant, are they? But they were a lot more filling and flavoursome.

I remembered those competitions sponsored by Bachelors' Super Noodles but I doubt I have seen any of their noodles - at least not in recent times. I don't think I've ever tried Pot Noodle before either.