Register Now
DC

Movies based on a true story

I would still go with 13 Hours The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi which was based on live events that took place in Benghazi where militants attacked the American diplomatic compound and Sometimes in April which was on the genocide in Rwanda. 

On 7/27/2022 at 10:08 AM, Heatman said:

I would still go with 13 Hours The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi which was based on live events that took place in Benghazi where militants attacked the American diplomatic compound and Sometimes in April which was on the genocide in Rwanda. 

You can also add Black Hawk Down to the list too. I rewatch the movie yesterday when I visited a friend of mine. It's was a fierce battle in Mogadishu  between the United States forces and Aidid's militia. 

7 hours ago, Clasher said:

This two are also really interesting Movies based on True events I have watched

Hustlers (2019)

Argo (2012)

I think that I came across this one "Hustlers (2019)" at one point but I never got to watch it. What was the true life story behind the plot of the movie?

If it's something that's interesting that's going to give me more knowledge on history, I'd be interested in seeing it. 

16 hours ago, Clasher said:

This two are also really interesting Movies based on True events I have watched

Hustlers (2019)

Argo (2012)

Hustlers is a fantastic recommendation - I didn't know it was based on a true story though. That's why I didn't include it in my list.

On 7/29/2022 at 8:44 PM, killamch89 said:

Hustlers is a fantastic recommendation - I didn't know it was based on a true story though. That's why I didn't include it in my list.

So, I had to look up the movie once again to be be sure what the plot is all about and it's on the life of Strippers in the Wall Street. I bet there's going to be a lot of nudity in the movie right? 

On 7/29/2022 at 8:44 PM, killamch89 said:

It's based on true story and Jenifer Lopez did a good job in bringing it all to life.

It's only very loosely based on a true story, but Lord of War starring Nicholas Cage is a film I can't recommend enough. He plays a good arms dealer, camp enough to come off as if he's selling used cars, but deadpan enough to be scary in his depiction of someone who knows he can get away with his deeds. It's not factually correct a lot of the time but there's some poignant writing throughout. Yes, this really is a film with Nicholas Cage in it.

Sully, starring Tom Hanks, was the incredible story about how Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger and Jeffrey Skiles successfully landed a plane during an emergency when a flock of birds flew into the engines. My favourite scene has to be in the courthouse where, having been accused of 'pilot error', Sully challenges other pilots in simulations to perform the same landing. It's a great examination of health and safety legislation being brought into effect with practical examination and experience. If ever you want to see the idea of not judging in comfort decisions others made in haste on film, this is it.