Register Now
Steerminator

Diablo II is a lot harder than I remember it being

So I recently started playing Diablo II Resurrected.  Its been years since I played the game originally.  The last time I played it was wayyy back even before they added the synergies to the skill trees.  I don't know if the changes in difficulty were made in the past, or if they altered the difficulty for the remaster, but it is DEFINITELY harder than I remember.

I started with a Necromancer (which I've never played btw), and soloed normal mode which was mostly not hard, although by Act 5 It was taking for EVER to kill things.  Then I did a Paladin and grinded myself to lvl 35 before attempting to start Nightmare, and man... I am just getting slaughtered.  Freaking Griswald in Tristram 1 hit KOs me in Nightmare.  I can barely handle some regular groups of enemies with a boss amidst them.  My Paladin can DEAL damage but he can't take it.  My Necromancer can't take damage either, but with him I use a blood golem to take aggro.

Fortunately there almost always seem to be people doing Cow runs, Baal runs, and whatever else one might need to do to grind at a given level, but I really wanted to solo my way through the game before doing group runs.

I played it constantly when I was a kid. After a while, I got bored with it as a game, and just played it to eat up time. I ended up creating my own items for the game, which I would then import to a character. The stuff I created would basically make my character some kind of god. They were invincible, their weapons never degraded, they often had 1 hit kills. Their skills and abilities were simply maxed out. I actually had a few people buying things like that from me. It was good while it lasted.

I actually like the Diablo series but I only started playing Diablo with Diablo III  I played every title up till Diablo immortal.

I have been Thinking about playing older titles like Diablo III or Diablo hellfire on Microsoft Windows.

On 7/28/2022 at 7:04 AM, Clasher said:

I actually like the Diablo series but I only started playing Diablo with Diablo III  I played every title up till Diablo immortal.

I have been Thinking about playing older titles like Diablo III or Diablo hellfire on Microsoft Windows.

I've always loved the Diablo games, since back when the first one came out.

I tried playing Diablo 3 but I just couldn't get into it; the fact that you can just constantly respawn at the spot where you die with basically no penalty was extremely off putting to me.

Edited by Steerminator

On 7/30/2022 at 2:51 PM, Steerminator said:

I've always loved the Diablo games, since back when the first one came out.

I tried playing Diablo 3 but I just couldn't get into it; the fact that you can just constantly respawn at the spot where you die with basically no penalty was extremely off putting to me.

That's actually a downside for the game but on first play I didn't see that as a flaw maybe because I didn't start with the first release.

What would you say about Diablo immortal and all the micro transactions that is in it.

Diablo is a good game but moving forward there have been too many loopholes that they need to sort out atleast for that sake of their loyal fans.

For someone who has not really played any of the diablo games, which game should a noob like myself playing to get used to the series? Should I play them all before playing the newest one? Or does it matter what game you start off on?

On 8/1/2022 at 8:34 PM, Kane99 said:

For someone who has not really played any of the diablo games, which game should a noob like myself playing to get used to the series? Should I play them all before playing the newest one? Or does it matter what game you start off on?

I would suggest you play the first two release and maybe Diablo III.

Diablo immortal isn't as good as the others imo but you would still enjoy it anyways.

I think most of the newer games like PoE/Grim Dawn/Last Epoch have the early acts to be quite easy. In Diablo the difficulty seems more consistent, I almost died to Andariel several times, damn that poison hurts like a bitch and was killing off all my wolves in a few seconds. I am so happy that respec option is available as otherwise it would be super hard to kill all the early bosses while trying to hoard skill points for my build.

At first, the game was a little bit difficult for me, there's no shame in accepting that. But with more and more time invested in playing the game, it got easier. 

Diablo games was very popular for me at one time back in the days and I'm very sure that some gamers still give playing it ample time. 

On 8/22/2022 at 6:01 PM, Heatman said:

At first, the game was a little bit difficult for me, there's no shame in accepting that. But with more and more time invested in playing the game, it got easier. 

Diablo games was very popular for me at one time back in the days and I'm very sure that some gamers still give playing it ample time. 

I still play Diablo games, I even got the Diablo immortal and though it came with some micro transactions I still played anyways.

Diablo IV is going to be released in 2023.

On 8/24/2022 at 6:17 PM, Clasher said:

I still play Diablo games, I even got the Diablo immortal and though it came with some micro transactions I still played anyways.

Diablo IV is going to be released in 2023.

I will look into getting Diablo IV when it's released in 2023. I know there isn't any specific date for the game's release yet. Microtransactions is a constant in such games like Diablo. I just hope it's not too much in Diablo IV.