Register Now
DC

Best Wordle Alternatives?

I agree with @DC - Crosswordle is ingenious. 

I also like those Fallout hack puzzles that are in this same vein, which is saying something, since I usually dislike puzzles in video games. 

I'm also curious what people here think of the "daily" nature of Wordle. For you, is that part of what draws you back time and again--the scarcity?

From the one's that I have played so, I believe that Dordle stood out amongst them, so it's what I would be recommending.

Unlike what you have in Wordle, you can play new puzzles in the same day. To me, Dordle is a little more challenging. 

I like Quordle, which gives you a lot more chances to get the right word... but you've got to get four words, and each attempt goes counts against all four words. There's also Dundle, a Dungeons & Dragons version of Wordle. I never would've guessed the AD&D monster 'Gator'(man) for my first go at it.

On 7/27/2022 at 10:43 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I'm also curious what people here think of the "daily" nature of Wordle. For you, is that part of what draws you back time and again--the scarcity?

Much as I'd like to play the game numerous times a day, I think the scarcity works better. When my mum, her partner and I play it to compete it evens the terms out. It's a marathon, not a sprint for us. ^^

I used to play a game called words with friends. I think that's what it was called. You'd have to guess a word or phrase before a friend does. It's been a long time since I played it so I can't say for sure if it's the right name. But from what I did play it was a lot of fun. As for other suggestions I don't really know of much else. Don't really play many word based games myself.