Register Now
Kane99

New PlayStation Controller Revealed for iPhones

This is interesting, I guess you can use this controller to play your iPhone via remote play. So you can play PS4/PS5 games via remote play with this while using your iPhone. I hope they make this thing work for Android users as well. Would be pretty cool if more controllers like this are made to utilize mobile phones more easier. 

You can read more about this device here: https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/playstation-sony-controller-backbone-ps4-ps5-mobile/

Low effort. Doesn't even look like a dual sense controller or a dualshock controller and it looks bad against the phone. Probably the ugliest iPhone accessory today. The border of the phone is black, so why have black on the inside of the controllers to make it look like a dead zone?

Ironically is just a themed version of the controller already out there for iPhones (and Androids). Wished that they put more effort into it or at least had PS release their own vs. using another company to change the colors and upsell it on their end.

On 7/29/2022 at 6:51 AM, Empire said:

Low effort. Doesn't even look like a dual sense controller or a dualshock controller and it looks bad against the phone. Probably the ugliest iPhone accessory today. The border of the phone is black, so why have black on the inside of the controllers to make it look like a dead zone?

Why is it low effort though? Looks like a perfectly usable controller to me. Most controller add-ons like this probably will look just as weird. 

On 8/29/2022 at 3:43 PM, Syntax said:

Ironically is just a themed version of the controller already out there for iPhones (and Androids). Wished that they put more effort into it or at least had PS release their own vs. using another company to change the colors and upsell it on their end.

They probably see no point in releasing their own. I see they do have other models that are for Xbox and all that. Curious to know if they will make their own now. I thought this one was actually made by Sony, but I guess not. 

I guess it's okay - what do you want me to say? It looks like a lot of other mobile controllers for Android and IOS devices. It almost reminds me of that Razer mobile controller and the fact that they didn't have the dual analog sticks at the bottom as a PlayStation product makes it seem unoriginal.

On 9/1/2022 at 9:07 PM, killamch89 said:

I guess it's okay - what do you want me to say? It looks like a lot of other mobile controllers for Android and IOS devices. It almost reminds me of that Razer mobile controller and the fact that they didn't have the dual analog sticks at the bottom as a PlayStation product makes it seem unoriginal.

The thing is, it's not made by Sony, it's a third party controller technically. But it's meant for the PS side so you can do mobile gaming on your phone. It's probably not going to match the exact layout of the PS controller, simply because of copyright I would imagine. So they probably had to change the layout a bit. Aside from that, it's just a controller. as long as it works, I don't care much on how it looks. 

On 9/26/2022 at 1:09 AM, Demon_skeith said:

It looks so dumb, I find it hard to believe Sony actually made one.

It was made by third party team, not Sony, but they teamed up with Sony to make it. That's the difference. And yeah, I think any controller attachment looks dumb when on a phone. 

On 9/26/2022 at 12:09 AM, Demon_skeith said:

It looks so dumb, I find it hard to believe Sony actually made one.

That's how I also feel about it to be fair.

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The thing is, it's not made by Sony, it's a third party controller technically. But it's meant for the PS side so you can do mobile gaming on your phone. It's probably not going to match the exact layout of the PS controller, simply because of copyright I would imagine. So they probably had to change the layout a bit. Aside from that, it's just a controller. as long as it works, I don't care much on how it looks. 

Figured as much because it just seemed like most of the other generic mobile gaming controllers.

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

It was made by third party team, not Sony, but they teamed up with Sony to make it. That's the difference. And yeah, I think any controller attachment looks dumb when on a phone. 

Surprised Sony allowed that, didn't think they partnered up with 3rd party people.

22 hours ago, Demon_skeith said:

Surprised Sony allowed that, didn't think they partnered up with 3rd party people.

It happens all the time with accessories but I think most of us were expecting Sony to add their personal touch to it and not just sell us this recolored generic mobile gaming controller.

On 7/29/2022 at 11:51 AM, Empire said:

Have you made use of it? I will be worried more about the functionality and being able to run my games. Looking at the designs alone is not a great way to judge it. 

On 9/29/2022 at 11:04 PM, Ajibusu said:

Have you made use of it? I will be worried more about the functionality and being able to run my games. Looking at the designs alone is not a great way to judge it. 

I understand what he's saying - Sony has a signature way of designing their accessories for any device and this is just a recolored mobile gaming controller made by a third party company which will be more expensive despite it being generic.

On 10/1/2022 at 5:18 AM, killamch89 said:

I understand what he's saying - Sony has a signature way of designing their accessories for any device and this is just a recolored mobile gaming controller made by a third party company which will be more expensive despite it being generic.

Well, that is another issue entirely. Most iPhone accessories come with their unique features and the price is never a problem as iPhones cost much as well.