Register Now
DC

What are your favorite tools to convert videos?

52 minutes ago, DC said:

I recently used Converter App for converting a MKV video into MP4 and in fact it did a great job.

https://converter.app/mkv-to-mp4/

Also, many other formats are supported. Unlike other online converters, the site wasn't stuffed with ads and did not ask for money immediately, and the speed of the video conversion was quite impressive.

I'm sure that site works fine and but actually, because MP4's use the same video and audio codecs as MKV'S you can usually change an MKV to an MP4 without doing any conversation at all.  There's more than one method but that I used to do was first to extract the video and audio (or even subtitles) using MKVExtractGUI.  Then I'd simply merge them again using My MP4Box GUI.  Since all your really doing moving the video and audio files from one container to another the process is almost instantaneous with no upload or internet connection required.

Edited by Crazycrab

The Converter App have also been impressive for throughout the years that I have been using. It doesn't bother me about making use of the paid features now because it's worth it.

Another one that I make use of on my smartphone which is equally free is VidCompact. It's got a lot of features that's more than just converting videos. 

I’ve used Freemake Video Converter a few times. What I like about it is that you can edit your videos with it too, but it is not perfect by any means. I'll try out the Converter App next.

On 8/1/2022 at 2:12 PM, Darth said:

HandBrake is a good option if you are on Mac, but not as good on Windows. I’ll give Converter App a try.

To be fair, I've never really tried the Mac version but my only gripe with the Windows version is the amount of formats.

On 8/4/2022 at 2:06 AM, Justin11 said:

Vidmate helps me convert YouTube videos into audios, download them directly to my phone's folder. I use video cutter app, it helps cut videos, and also convert videos to MP3 as well. 

I use vidmate as well , and it is really good for saving videos from social media as well, and you could use it to convert videos.

27 minutes ago, Clasher said:

I use vidmate as well , and it is really good for saving videos from social media as well, and you could use it to convert videos.

Aside from videos you can extract the videos to audios and enjoy them instead of going to search engines go download the music, which is quite stressful at times. 

8 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Aside from videos you can extract the videos to audios and enjoy them instead of going to search engines go download the music, which is quite stressful at times. 

Have you tried to do any major video converting with vidmate?

I once tried it with a video I found on YouTube and I really didn't get a hang of it though, but I was able to successfully move the video to my device from YouTube.