Register Now
StaceyPowers

Aspects of gaming you had to learn to appreciate

4 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Still a chore no doubt, but less of a chore. 

For God of war you had to scale through a series of temple walls by strategically using your blade to hang to certain pillars or rings a single miss and you are starting the process all over again.

It was fun to an extent but doing it over and over again just be able to scale the wall just as they required you to do it made me sick. Lol

10 hours ago, Clasher said:

For God of war you had to scale through a series of temple walls by strategically using your blade to hang to certain pillars or rings a single miss and you are starting the process all over again.

It was fun to an extent but doing it over and over again just be able to scale the wall just as they required you to do it made me sick. Lol

Omg I think that was one of the areas I had some trouble with. It's been so long since I played, but I remember a similar mission like that. Was there anything falling on you while you climbed? I remember some where you had to knock enemies off a wall as you climb. 

17 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Omg I think that was one of the areas I had some trouble with. It's been so long since I played, but I remember a similar mission like that. Was there anything falling on you while you climbed? I remember some where you had to knock enemies off a wall as you climb. 

Yeah, the part where you had to focus on climbing and still had to knock those demon like creatures who are trying to hinder you from scaling up.

It's great because it's usually intense and makes the game a lot more versatile.

Gameplay wise i'd say the whole turn based battle system had to grow on me , when i played my first jrpg i had no idea what the hell i was supposed to do, meanly due to the language barrier but overtime as my english got better and i became a little older i started getting more and more into jrpg's. 

(Overly long) tutorials also grew on me, sure some can be annoying but they are there to teach the basics of the game and explain the controls. Especially now that we don't get manuals with our physical games anymore i'd say i've started to appreciate them more and more.

17 minutes ago, Yaramaki said:

Gameplay wise i'd say the whole turn based battle system had to grow on me , when i played my first jrpg i had no idea what the hell i was supposed to do, meanly due to the language barrier but overtime as my english got better and i became a little older i started getting more and more into jrpg's. 

(Overly long) tutorials also grew on me, sure some can be annoying but they are there to teach the basics of the game and explain the controls. Especially now that we don't get manuals with our physical games anymore i'd say i've started to appreciate them more and more.

I forgot about turn based. Was never a huge fan of turn based games, and I still don't really get into them. I just don't have the patience and I often suck at them anyway lol. I think I played some games that were turn based. I think south part the stick of truth was. I beat that game, but I don't think I'd ever replay it. 

1 hour ago, Yaramaki said:

My only issue with tutorials is when some games want to explain really stupid stuff to you. I understand when some tutorials can be "obvious" for veterans of a franchise, but is nice for newbies. Though some games like some of the Xenoblade games get really silly. I've never seen an RPG give you a tutorial on how to purchase items at a store, or how to equip equipment before.

I was initially thinking "maybe they've got a ton of stuff in the store or equipment that needs explanation". Nope, it tells you "select the item you want to purchase, press A, and if you truly want to purchase it, press A to confirm". "Select equipment, select the piece of armor you want to equip, select A".

Wow, never would have figured this out if I didn't have a tutorial.

Getting to use the controllers freely made me enjoying my video games around those favourite games. It wasn't possible for me during the early stages of gaming time, but as time progressed my experience grew and I learned how to use the controller buttons well. 

On 7/30/2022 at 1:58 AM, Kane99 said:

I think getting used to playing on mouse and keyboard and also controller. I got used to controllers growing up. But I didn't have much time with gaming on PC growing up, so it took me a while to get used to PC controls. 

This was a huge leap for me being that I played on consoles all my life before I decided to give PC gaming a run. It was very challenging that I had to buy PC controllers at first but with time on using mouse and keyboard, I started appreciating how good they are. 

On 9/1/2022 at 10:53 PM, Heatman said:

This was a huge leap for me being that I played on consoles all my life before I decided to give PC gaming a run. It was very challenging that I had to buy PC controllers at first but with time on using mouse and keyboard, I started appreciating how good they are. 

Most of my video game experience were usually around consoles and I have never really played video games on PC so currently if I get into it I would need more time to adapt to the mouse and keyboard control.

I think for me it would have to be the transition over from controller to mouse and keyboard. I have always been a controller user when gaming so when I have attempted to switch over to keyboard and mouse I can appreciate how much more difficult it is for those who solely play keyboard and mouse, especially those who play using keyboard and mouse on first person shooters or even those who play and build on Fortnite.

On 11/26/2022 at 3:17 PM, Shortie said:

I think for me it would have to be the transition over from controller to mouse and keyboard. I have always been a controller user when gaming so when I have attempted to switch over to keyboard and mouse I can appreciate how much more difficult it is for those who solely play keyboard and mouse, especially those who play using keyboard and mouse on first person shooters or even those who play and build on Fortnite.

I've been gaming on keyboard since the late 90's and in quite a number of PC games, the controls aren't necessarily optimized for keyboard and mouse so I end up having to use my Xbox controller instead.

On 11/26/2022 at 9:17 PM, Shortie said:

I Know a few people who are already well acquainted with keyboard and mouse and would play even better with them than when they are using controllers.

I could play with a keyboard and mouse as much as I would if I am given a controller.