Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games you wanted to play, and then changed your mind about?

I'd say it's the newer call of duty. I was originally going to get it just to play with my nephew, but I felt like I wouldn't have stuck with it. Last cod I played I couldn't get invested, so I felt it pointless to get the new game. It would be the same thing anyway, and if I was already tired of that, I doubt it would reel me back in. 

All the time, end up not getting them or not playing them, Red dead is one of those games that I wanted to get into for years and just didn't. Ormmaybe you start something that you wanted to do and get into and once you started and see what the flip the game is about you then ended up not doing it. 

I say thatI love BF2 and always have been, same with CSGO. I can put many hours into the game for months on end and then one day I stop for months LOL

On 7/30/2022 at 7:13 AM, Empire said:

All the time, end up not getting them or not playing them, Red dead is one of those games that I wanted to get into for years and just didn't. Ormmaybe you start something that you wanted to do and get into and once you started and see what the flip the game is about you then ended up not doing it. 

I say thatI love BF2 and always have been, same with CSGO. I can put many hours into the game for months on end and then one day I stop for months LOL

I'm in the same boat on Battlefield games. I have a few of them, but the majority of the time I can't be bothered to buy their games. Same with the recent Battlefieldt that came out. It helps though that the game was considered to be a mess and not worth playing because of it's problems and such. 

I got CSGO on the 360 years ago, played a day or two and that was it. Haven't touched it since. 

4 hours ago, Justin11 said:

Battlefield 2042, but when I started hearing negatives around the game, especially it's bugs I decided to stay off from the game and save money for better option. 

Yeah it was a mess at release I heard. It's bad that even fans aren't picking the game up as they used to. Back in the day Battlefield was huge, and many played it. But when they started to slack on the series, is when things started to go bad. I think they jumped to the yearly releases and that's what really hurt it. Then again, Battlefield has been known to have some big bugs, but 2042 was a big drop for them, because they took a lot out, and it came out a broken mess. 

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III. I even preordered the £99 collector's edition for a pretty crappy hammer that came with it. Not really had that sort of buyer's remorse since, thank goodness. I must play it now my PC can handle it, though perhaps not the file size. I've still got three expansions' campaigns to get through yet!

How about you, @StaceyPowers? Any particular games your better judgement decided against?

On 8/1/2022 at 8:02 PM, Kane99 said:

I got CSGO on the 360 years ago, played a day or two and that was it. Haven't touched it since. 

I'll begin by saying I'm terribly sorry for quoting you all the damn time: woke up to 9 notifications myself this morning so I appreciate how aggrevating it might get. Just wanted to say that I didn't know CS:GO was on the Xbox 360. I remember quite vividly The Orange Box with Portal, Half-Life 2 and Team Fortress 2, but not much else besides that.

6 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War III. I even preordered the £99 collector's edition for a pretty crappy hammer that came with it. Not really had that sort of buyer's remorse since, thank goodness. I must play it now my PC can handle it, though perhaps not the file size. I've still got three expansions' campaigns to get through yet!

How about you, @StaceyPowers? Any particular games your better judgement decided against?

I'll begin by saying I'm terribly sorry for quoting you all the damn time: woke up to 9 notifications myself this morning so I appreciate how aggrevating it might get. Just wanted to say that I didn't know CS:GO was on the Xbox 360. I remember quite vividly The Orange Box with Portal, Half-Life 2 and Team Fortress 2, but not much else besides that.

Yeah it released on the 360 digitally. I can't recall the official date, but I'm going to guess 2011 or 2012 was when it dropped. I remember trying to get my friends to jump off COD and get into GO, but they didn't. I maybe played a few more times before realizing I'm not that good at this game and moved on. 

Main reason I got it, is because I played CS on PC in a LAN party, and have fond memories playing source I think it was. But they were all on PC and I don't think they had a 360 at the time. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah it was a mess at release I heard. It's bad that even fans aren't picking the game up as they used to. Back in the day Battlefield was huge, and many played it. But when they started to slack on the series, is when things started to go bad. I think they jumped to the yearly releases and that's what really hurt it. Then again, Battlefield has been known to have some big bugs, but 2042 was a big drop for them, because they took a lot out, and it came out a broken mess. 

EA games are seasonal kind of games, the just want to keep it running and milking from each series. And they've been known for their buggy game releases. I think it's time they take a back turn and replan their next gen games to avoid messing up next time. 

22 hours ago, Justin11 said:

EA games are seasonal kind of games, the just want to keep it running and milking from each series. And they've been known for their buggy game releases. I think it's time they take a back turn and replan their next gen games to avoid messing up next time. 

When it comes to their sports games, and I believe Battlefield, but I don't think they do the yearly model as much as say Activision with COD or 2K with their sports titles. I mean, you still have Madden releasing yearly. I think FIFA is too. Battlefield is a yearly release now too I believe, but I think that has changed after 2042's failure. 

It really comes down to them giving their dev teams enough time to make the games they truly want, and not impose some harsh release date. And let them delay games if needed. EA can afford to let their games take more time in development. I think they need to do that if anything. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

When it comes to their sports games, and I believe Battlefield, but I don't think they do the yearly model as much as say Activision with COD or 2K with their sports titles. I mean, you still have Madden releasing yearly. I think FIFA is too. Battlefield is a yearly release now too I believe, but I think that has changed after 2042's failure. 

It really comes down to them giving their dev teams enough time to make the games they truly want, and not impose some harsh release date. And let them delay games if needed. EA can afford to let their games take more time in development. I think they need to do that if anything. 

EA always produce seasonal kind of games, they don't take back and check the performance of their previous editions and know what they should apply to the sequel. The only reasonable announcement from battlefield 2042, is the fact that EA made cross play available for both Xbox and PS players. 

Another game I wanted to play was the Evil Within, 1 and 2. But after seeing a playthrough of the first game, I realized I would never play these games. A friend of mine also warned me that the controls feel weighted and slow. And eh I can't deal with too slow when it comes to a horror game.