Register Now
NightmareFarm

How would you rank the fighting games you have played?

My list. I started FGs in 2015 so don't judge.

S tier - Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, Dragon Ball Fighterz, Ultra Street Fighter IV(tbqh my experience greatly flunctuates with this game but when I pick rose I find it incredibly fun)

A tier - Mortal Kombat X, Super Smash Bros Ultimate

B tier - Guilty Gear Strive, DnF Duel, Injustice, Street Fighter V

C tier - Mortal Kombat 11,  Injustice 2

D tier - Soulcalibur VI, Super Smash Bros 4

F tier - Blazblue:Central Fiction(felt like corner store guilty gear), Super Smash Bros Brawl, Street Fighter 2

Edited by NightmareFarm

Honestly not a big fighting game fan. I played my share of mortal Kombat, soul calibur, street fighters etc. For me I'm about wrestling games. 

My S tier would include smackdown here comes the pain, wwf no mercy or any of the THQ games on the N64. Some of the newer WWE games as well. 

Don't have the patience to go through all of them, but WWE 2k20 and wcw mayhem and backstage assault are all f tiers. 

S Tier - Street Fighter 4, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, DBZ Budokia, Tekken 5, Bloody Roar 2, Smash Bros Melee, Smash Ultimate, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter 2, Fight Night Champion, Dead or Alive 4, DBZ Budokai 3, Mortal Kombat vs DC, Capcom vs Marvel 2, Capcom vs SNK 2

A Tier - Dragon Ball FighterZ, Guilty Gear X, Injustice 2, Mortal Kombat X, Mortal Kombat 2, Killer Instinct, Soul Calibur, Smash Bros, Smash Bros Brawl, Mortal Kombat 9, Dead Or Alive, Soul Calibur 2, Tekken 2, Street Fighter, DBZ Xenoverse/Xenoverse 2, DBZ Budokai, Injustice, Capcom vs Marvel, Capcom vs SNK, Mortal Kombat 3

B Tier - Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Smackdown Here comes the Pain, Bloody Roar, Bloody Roar 3, Soul Calibur IV, Street Fighter V, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

C Tier - Mortal Kombat 11, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, Castlevania Judgement, Mortal Kombat 4, Mortal Kombat Deception

D Tier - Mortal Kombat Advance

F Tier - Sonic the Fighters, Star Wars - Masters Of The Teras Kasi, Dragonball Evolution, Dragon Ball Z Taiketsu

25 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

S Tier - Street Fighter 4, Mortal Kombat Trilogy, DBZ Budokia, Tekken 5, Bloody Roar 2, Smash Bros Melee, Smash Ultimate, Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter 2, Fight Night Champion, Dead or Alive 4, DBZ Budokai 3, Mortal Kombat vs DC, Capcom vs Marvel 2, Capcom vs SNK 2

A Tier - Dragon Ball FighterZ, Guilty Gear X, Injustice 2, Mortal Kombat X, Mortal Kombat 2, Killer Instinct, Soul Calibur, Smash Bros, Smash Bros Brawl, Mortal Kombat 9, Dead Or Alive, Soul Calibur 2, Tekken 2, Street Fighter, DBZ Xenoverse/Xenoverse 2, DBZ Budokai, Injustice, Capcom vs Marvel, Capcom vs SNK, Mortal Kombat 3

B Tier - Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Smackdown Here comes the Pain, Bloody Roar, Bloody Roar 3, Soul Calibur IV, Street Fighter V, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

C Tier - Mortal Kombat 11, Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, Castlevania Judgement, Mortal Kombat 4, Mortal Kombat Deception

F Tier - Sonic the Fighters, Star Wars - Masters Of The Teras Kasi, Dragonball Evolution, Dragon Ball Z Taiketsu

Wow that's a lot of games. How long have you been playing FGs for?

I don't have a Ranking or tier for my fighter games as I do for other genre because I am strictly - Mortal Kombat, Street fighter, DBZ, soul Calibur and dead or alive.

Never really played any fighting games outside this series I mentioned.

I myself do not have a list, however if you're looking difficult execution, street fighter 4 has got you covered. there's a reason why combos in that game are relatively short. its because instead of gatlings or cancels, the game requires you to master links, 2-1 frame links to be exact. which means you have to input the button pretty much exactly as the other ends.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

I myself do not have a list, however if you're looking difficult execution, street fighter 4 has got you covered. there's a reason why combos in that game are relatively short. its because instead of gatlings or cancels, the game requires you to master links, 2-1 frame links to be exact. which means you have to input the button pretty much exactly as the other ends.

Tell me about it. I just stick to cr.mk into a basic special lol. USF4 has to be the most difficult FG i've gotten into. 

20 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I forgot to add Double Dragon at A Tier as well. A truly underrated fighting game and one that influenced many long after its release.

On 8/3/2022 at 12:42 AM, killamch89 said:

An impressive list.

Surprised you didn't mention street fighter EX, street fighter EX2 or street fighter EX3 - this came out exclusively for the PlayStation 2.

On 8/2/2022 at 4:42 PM, killamch89 said:

You think the enhanced version of Mortal Kombat 3 (Trilogy) is better than 11? Interesting... Are you a pro at MK3/Trilogy/Ultimate? I suppose there is the fact that people couldn't lag switch in offline Mortal Kombat Trilogy tournaments back in the day, whereas 1 or 2 out of 10 matches in MK11 ranked is a cheater often using some sort of toolkit or lag switch...

I actually don't like fighting games as a genre overall and found many of them to be quite boring, but I accidently got very elite at a couple, and I've always followed the Mortal Kombat series (from start to finish) at a casual level.

Street Fighter 4 and 5 are good, MK11 is decent, Injustice 1 is good (part 2 has too much spam and teleports), some Tekken games are good, the Fight Night games were good, alot of the Smackdown vs RAW and/or Smackdown games were excellent, obviously WWF No Mercy was fun, some of the UFC games are great, Smash games are alright and the newest Killer Instinct is obviously excellent -- despite the fact I haven't taken the time to get good at at.

The Marvel/Capcom stuff I never got in to because I've always saw it is overly flashy and intimidating with some of the stuff you can do. That dovetailed with the fact that we have to save the trees and never include manuals with games these days makes it difficult to learn those games without extensive study.

I can take some of the fighters I'm good at and explain technical stuff to a lay person, but when you look at all the motions, combos, set ups and tricks of a Marvel game -- it really falls back on the developers for not properly teaching people how to play their own game using baby steps or laymans terms. I understand the theoretical and technical mechanics of advanced space travel and time travel more than I do Marvel versus Capcom 2. Kind of a metaphor here, but some of the most advanced physicists can go on History channel and explain time travel to the average person. It has to do with a theoretical model (involving light), or what is more or less considered to be the confirmed model -- which has to do with time slowing down if you are near an object of extraordinary mass, such as a black hole. Example: If you were to park a space ship outside of a black hole (which has infinite mass I think), you could theoretically spend just a few hundred years there then come back to earth later with thousands of years or more having passed.

How do you do a Marvel versus Capcom 2 combo? I have no idea.

This is how I would rank the fighting games that I have played so far ;

S Tier - Street Fighter 2, Smash Ultimate, Mortal Kombat, Fight Night Champion, Dead or Alive 4. 

A Tier - Mortal Kombat 9, Soul Calibur 2, Tekken 2,  Mortal Kombat 3, Dragon Ball FighterZ,  Killer Instinct, Soul Calibur. 

B Tier - Soul Calibur IV, Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Mortal Kombat Armageddon, Smackdown Here comes the Pain. 

C Tier - Castlevania Judgement, Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 11. 

D Tier - Soulcalibur VI and Mortal Kombat Advance. 

F Tier - Dragonball Evolution.