Register Now
DC

John Cena looking for more ways to be involved in Fortnite

Wrestler John Cena collaborated with Fortnite recently to release the John Cena Bundle, which includes skins, back bling, a harvesting tool and an emote. The bundle has proven popular with players, and he has tweeted that he is “overwhelmed with the response” from the community and is “already looking for more ways to be involved.” Did anyone here grab the John Cena Bundle? What other ways would you like to see him get involved?

https://gamerant.com/fortnite-john-cena-skin-comments-interested-more-content/

58 minutes ago, DC said:

Wrestler John Cena collaborated with Fortnite recently to release the John Cena Bundle, which includes skins, back bling, a harvesting tool and an emote. The bundle has proven popular with players, and he has tweeted that he is “overwhelmed with the response” from the community and is “already looking for more ways to be involved.” Did anyone here grab the John Cena Bundle? What other ways would you like to see him get involved?

https://gamerant.com/fortnite-john-cena-skin-comments-interested-more-content/

I've been considering it since I'm into wrestling. Not a big John Cena fan when he wrestled, but I like him more now days after he became an actor. I would love to see his Peacemaker character in Fortnite. They released a Suicide Squad pack that teased a possible Peacemaker, but it was only a paint. 

But yeah, wonder what he could be involved with next. 

To be honest, I haven't played Fortnite in years but if it provides a lucrative stream of revenue for John Cena, I say go for it. Something he could do is, have an in-game Q&A as an actual event. I'm pretty sure that'd definitely create a buzz in the Fortnite.

Crazy how fortnite became this worldwide phenomenon that collabs with everything under the sun and is still absolutely kicking in playerbase numbers. End of the day does he get payed to do nothing as he's there in the game 😛

4 hours ago, Empire said:

Crazy how fortnite became this worldwide phenomenon that collabs with everything under the sun and is still absolutely kicking in playerbase numbers. End of the day does he get payed to do nothing as he's there in the game 😛

Yup, it became a massive hit fast. I believe it came out in 2017, and when the battle royale mode dropped is when it really took over. 

Anyway, I wonder how much he was paid. Maybe he was paid once to be featured, or he makes a bit of money on each skin sale. That'd be a lot of money I bet. 

19 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Anyway, I wonder how much he was paid. Maybe he was paid once to be featured, or he makes a bit of money on each skin sale. That'd be a lot of money I bet. 

There be reddit threads or maybe a blog about that, regards how much he gets paid to show his face on the game and not do nothing 😛 Expecting allot if you rhink about it. 

On 8/4/2022 at 10:23 AM, Kane99 said:

Yup, it became a massive hit fast. I believe it came out in 2017, and when the battle royale mode dropped is when it really took over. 

The company pays him an upfront bonus plus a small percentage of whatever the company makes from the event - at least, that's how it's normally done when celebrities feature on a game.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

The company pays him an upfront bonus plus a small percentage of whatever the company makes from the event - at least, that's how it's normally done when celebrities feature on a game.

All I know is that he's just gotten a skin in game. I don't think there are any events around the John Cena character, but I could be wrong. My guess is that he only makes money off of what sells while it's for sale and of course what you said about the upfront pay and all that. Also, he may have made some cash from the spray that features peacemaker (character he played from Suicide Squad). 

I used to love John Cena when he debut in WWE years ago especially with his Chain Gang stuff. I really like that but with years passed, I lost interest with how he's changed probably to suit the demands of WWE. I'm not sure if I would be interested in his Fortnite skins and what have you. 

21 minutes ago, Heatman said:

I used to love John Cena when he debut in WWE years ago especially with his Chain Gang stuff. I really like that but with years passed, I lost interest with how he's changed probably to suit the demands of WWE. I'm not sure if I would be interested in his Fortnite skins and what have you. 

He's part of the reason I stopped watching wrestling for quite a while. I remember when he was pretty much Super Cena, as all he would do is win everything. It got repetitive and annoying seeing him win in every feud. Still bugs me that he's a 16 time champion matching Ric Flair. 

But he's grown on me over the years since he peaced out, and is doing tv and games. I hope he does more of this honestly. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

He's part of the reason I stopped watching wrestling for quite a while. I remember when he was pretty much Super Cena, as all he would do is win everything. It got repetitive and annoying seeing him win in every feud. Still bugs me that he's a 16 time champion matching Ric Flair. 

But he's grown on me over the years since he peaced out, and is doing tv and games. I hope he does more of this honestly. 

Yeah, that's true!! With the way WWE went with scripting his matches, it become boring to watch at one point because you already know the outcome of every damn match. He's done well in movies especially his first movie I watch - The Marine. As for getting into video games, I wish him success but I think that I have had enough of Cena. 

37 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, that's true!! With the way WWE went with scripting his matches, it become boring to watch at one point because you already know the outcome of every damn match. He's done well in movies especially his first movie I watch - The Marine. As for getting into video games, I wish him success but I think that I have had enough of Cena. 

I hate to bust your bubble, but all pro-wrestling is scripted, not just WWE. More importantly, since you clearly bumped this thread not actually discuss it's topic, I'm locking it. Im sure there are pro-wrestling threads in the sports section.