Register Now
StaceyPowers

Content-related deal-breakers in deciding to play a game?

28 minutes ago, Lamarr the strelok said:

Interesting.I guess I've been lucky and havn't been frustrated by Quick time events. Not too many games I play have many of them though.And I thought it was only me that gets stuck in games.I admit I can be dumb in games sometimes but it is frustrating. I love the modern tomb raiders but I have the walkthroughs bookmarked.I generally don't like puzzles.Lemme rephrase that: I f***ing hate puzzles in games.Online requirements for single player games is a no go for me.Which sucks because I wanted Far cry 6 on PC but gotta get it for PS4 now. And Ubi sucks so I'm gonna get it used.I guess I'm a prude but I don't like much nudity in games either.And since I love animals more than humans I only kill animals when I need to.And parents be VERY careful about killing animals in games when kids are watching  and make sure they have proper compassion for animals.This is very important for not having a fucked up kid when they grow up.

I don't mind quicktime events that aren't frustratingly long and annoying. I can handle them sometimes, but it's when they go on too long or don't stop and have annoying checkpoints. Or are the simon says style quicktime events where they have different levels of difficulty. That's not fun for me. 

15 hours ago, Akun said:

True. When games do certain settings or genres differently with a more unique concept, they can grab you with the unique take even if you dislike the setting/genre before.

It's just like how the technique of jump scare affects me in some games especially the horror one's. At one point when I wasn't used to it, in games like Outlast, Silent Hill and Until Dawn, it was technically difficult to play the game at first. 

7 hours ago, NightmareFarm said:

A game being cross gen, unless its a game that very strongly catches my interest or is part of a series i'm already invested in.

There's so many good cross-gen games out there though. 

Also, I forgot to mention this, but I think these days it kinda feels like a requirement to have crossplay for most, if not, all online games to come out in the future. I think they would be dumb not to do this, because I would like to game with my PlayStation friend in some more games. 

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

There's so many good cross-gen games out there though. 

Also, I forgot to mention this, but I think these days it kinda feels like a requirement to have crossplay for most, if not, all online games to come out in the future. I think they would be dumb not to do this, because I would like to game with my PlayStation friend in some more games. 

I guess but i'm tired of constantly playing cross gen games made for 2013 hardware. It's been 2 years into the PS5 life cycle yet there is only about half a dozen actual next gen games whilst by this point into the PS4 life cycle you had tons of next gen games. They can't even use the pandemic excuse anymore it's just greed.

50 minutes ago, NightmareFarm said:

I guess but i'm tired of constantly playing cross gen games made for 2013 hardware. It's been 2 years into the PS5 life cycle yet there is only about half a dozen actual next gen games whilst by this point into the PS4 life cycle you had tons of next gen games. They can't even use the pandemic excuse anymore it's just greed.

They are being sued for their greed right now after all, Sony.

On 9/1/2022 at 10:59 PM, Heatman said:

Well, nothing is ever going to make me kill just about any peaceful animals in any video games. The reason for this is that I have come to value these pets so much because they are quite more loyal than most human beings. You don't get to see loyalty enough now. 

That's a choice, if you ask me, I see nothing wrong with destroying animals in games that I like. Why would I say that I prefer one game to another when I still have reservations about the things to do when playing such games?

On 9/5/2022 at 1:24 AM, Akun said:

They are being sued for their greed right now after all, Sony.

Well, the case doesn't hold much water. Sony is never getting nabbed for that because it's a common thing most game companies do with their commission ish thing!! 

On 9/2/2022 at 7:41 AM, Akun said:

Medieval settings or even just fantasy settings with castles and dragons tend to turn me off, so I would probably skip any game like that when I see their screenshots on Steam, just quickly moving on to the new Steam recommendation.

That's interesting, so you wouldn't play videogames like age of empires or even any of the assassin's Creed games where representation of the medieval period are in display.

7 hours ago, Justin11 said:

That's interesting, so you wouldn't play videogames like age of empires or even any of the assassin's Creed games where representation of the medieval period are in display.

Well, not always.

For Age of Empires, I wouldn't play it because I don't like RTS games since they require good strategy (I did enjoy Age of Mythology though because I love mythologies).

As for Assassin's Creed, I played the first game and got bored quickly by how repetitive it felt. The only assassin games I liked were Hitman games. lol

On 11/17/2022 at 1:15 AM, Akun said:

Well, not always.

For Age of Empires, I wouldn't play it because I don't like RTS games since they require good strategy (I did enjoy Age of Mythology though because I love mythologies).

As for Assassin's Creed, I played the first game and got bored quickly by how repetitive it felt. The only assassin games I liked were Hitman games. lol

I see, maybe it's more superficial than it is the fault of the videogames it self , you don't just enjoy playing them and even when you try to you just get bored of it just a few minutes into the game.

3 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I see, maybe it's more superficial than it is the fault of the videogames it self , you don't just enjoy playing them and even when you try to you just get bored of it just a few minutes into the game.

Yeah, maybe. Doesn't help that I'm incredibly picky. Also, it feels like I've outgrown video games tbh. I played Halo: CE (MCC) the other day, and I only played two levels before turning it off. And I only played it just to get the level complete achievements.

2 minutes ago, Akun said:

Yeah, maybe. Doesn't help that I'm incredibly picky. Also, it feels like I've outgrown video games tbh. I played Halo: CE (MCC) the other day, and I only played two levels before turning it off. And I only played it just to get the level complete achievements.

I was very picky as well when I joined the community I would only play Moto Gp or Gran Turismo and nothing more but now I find that I am willing to explore and try out other genre of video games.

I don't feel I have outgrown video games but now I don't have more time to play as I used to.

9 minutes ago, Justin11 said:

I was very picky as well when I joined the community I would only play Moto Gp or Gran Turismo and nothing more but now I find that I am willing to explore and try out other genre of video games.

I don't feel I have outgrown video games but now I don't have more time to play as I used to.

I've returned to my original interest: TV shows and movies. I neglected them for months before coming to VGR, so I'm glad to return to my first love once again.

7 minutes ago, Akun said:

I've returned to my original interest: TV shows and movies. I neglected them for months before coming to VGR, so I'm glad to return to my first love once again.

Either ways you are having a good time doing what you like, certain deal breakers like the one you mentioned as the medieval period could make you slowly and slowly lose interest in video games that Interest can be channeled to something else you find more interesting like movies and TV shows.