Register Now
DC

Redditor Uses Unreal Engine 5 to Make Amazing Kayne West Commercial

Below is an amazing commercial a Redditor made for the Kayne West STEMPLAYER speaker using Unreal Engine 5, Metahuman, and Blender.

https://www.reddit.com/r/unrealengine/comments/wb6faf/i_made_this_commerical_for_kanye_west_using_ue5/

It’s an impressively professional-looking job—and at a glance, you might easily mistake this for being actually Kayne West, rather than a realistic 3D model! It is an outstanding demo of what is possible with Unreal Engine 5.

Have a watch and let me know what you think. Also, if anyone else has any other cool Unreal Engine 5 videos to share, please do.

Makes me happy to see how accessible 3D/game development tools have become. Now days just about anyone can get into game development and 3D modeling/graphic design, as it's easier now than ever. Of course you still need a decent enough PC to make really big renders and such, but if you can afford that, you can go pretty far. But of course, starting out in this field, you don't need the highest end PC. 

If there was one thing, just one thing, one thing on earth that didn't need a commercial, it was Kanye West. Why not have a smaller rapper with a message have an opportunity and purpose above himself? This is why I don't listen to hip hop. Unless the subject of the conversation is already in wealth and fame, nobody cares about your talent. Talented people (and do appreciate rap) get ignored  by not being rich enough.

EDIT:

I've decided to add this as a test to people who say "it has to be about thier upbringing around gangs and guns..."

Edited by Shagger

5 minutes ago, Empire said:

That's cool, anyone can do it, if you think about it. Even in blender 🙂 as it's a free software even with engine 5. Just why not make a full game 😛 please pelase person that is smart 😛 

You've said it yourself: making a trailer is hugely different to making a functional video game. It's the same with the Bully 'remake' trailer you and I have both seen (thanks @Kane99 for making us aware of that): that yes, Rockstar somehow required millions upon millions to make such a bad remaster of three old games, and there absolutely should be a conversation about where those millions go by people within the industry, but it still takes more than an animator to turn this into a meaningful interactive product.

When it comes to tech demos Unreal Engine 5 is the most impressive out there, but tech demos are only good in so far as demoing the tech. Seeing someone make a game out of it that fits on our storage mediums with (un)compressed textures, high quality sound files, so on and so forth is another matter entirely.

I say similar things to those who watch the Warcraft trailers and want someone to make a movie out of them: it's one thing to write a teaser, it's something else to write a 90 minute feature film. And while someone did, I wouldn't say it was anywhere close to the teaser because that's what the teaser's designed to do.

Having said all of this, as little as UE impresses me I do appreciate the hard work and time that goes into these especially if someone hasn't had any formal training in doing so. If it gets people into games design, making it easier for them and can be applied to other things I'm happy for it.