Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games with a reputation for being relaxing that for you are frustrating?

I kinda felt this way with Powerwash Simulator, there were times where I just got annoyed and tired of it, so I'd quit. But I always found myself coming back to it, because at first it's oddly relaxing, but then you realize it'll take an hour or more to complete some levels. I haven't even bothered with the challenge modes. I hate timed modes in games like this. 

I get that when I played DOOM eternal, though many people I know who played it said it pretty easy and relaxing for a game as brutal as DOOM, but I always get sweaty finger's when I played, I still enjoyed it though.

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Powerwash Simulator

Try lawn mowing sim then XD

Personally I relax with MSFS202, but in most cases you aren't. I'm feeling cool and alright and other times I'm in rush and stressing out and angry at the sim when it doesn't go your way or people that you fly with talks aboutt higns and you feel oppisite after the subject.

Similarly to others with simulator games, PC Building Simulator is good but you've got deadlines to hit, parts to order and make sure the thing's fully built properly. I've had to uninstall the game because my backlog of PCs awaiting parts is massive and trying to remember which ones require which are insane. I might go back to it today or tomorrow, clean it up and see if I can continue the game without taking any jobs.

How about you @StaceyPowers?

3 hours ago, Empire said:

Try lawn mowing sim then XD

Personally I relax with MSFS202, but in most cases you aren't. I'm feeling cool and alright and other times I'm in rush and stressing out and angry at the sim when it doesn't go your way or people that you fly with talks aboutt higns and you feel oppisite after the subject.

I actually downloaded it. But have yet to play it. How different is it compared to powerwas sim? With powerwash sim, the main missions don't really require you to keep an eye on water or cleaning liquids. You can run out I think because there's and option to buy cleaning liquids after each mission. But my supplies never ran out. 

I may try the challenge mode to see if that's where things get crazy. 

A lot of people say that Minecraft is a very good game when it comes to helping you to relax but that's never the case with me. It always gets frustrating for me when I'm playing it. In all of the game's mode of play, none of them gives me pure relief. 

Edited by Heatman

2 hours ago, Heatman said:

A lot of people say that Minecraft is a very good game when it comes to helping you to relax but that's never the case with me. It always gets frustrating for me when I'm playing it. In all of the game's mode of play, none of them gives me pure relief. 

I tend to stick with just the creative mode whenever I play by myself. I prefer just creating things, kind of like if you were playing with LEGOs and just built whatever. But I can't be bothered to play the survival mode anymore. Or if I do, it's not going to be me advancing in a story to some ender dragon. I'm going to build a house, farm, and keep building until I can then defend myself a lot easier. But I need to be playing with a group of friends in order to do that. 

9 hours ago, Clasher said:

I get that when I played DOOM eternal, though many people I know who played it said it pretty easy and relaxing for a game as brutal as DOOM, but I always get sweaty finger's when I played, I still enjoyed it though.

Doom Eternal is pretty chill at select moments but I wouldn't say the game is relaxing per say. Especially towards the end when you're being swarmed by hordes of demons.

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Doom Eternal is pretty chill at select moments but I wouldn't say the game is relaxing per say. Especially towards the end when you're being swarmed by hordes of demons.

That's exactly my point, a majority of people who I know that played the game say it's relaxing and chill but to me it isn't.

I enjoyed the game play but i am always focused when playing and never a time when I actually relaxed but in a good way though because the game is actually really good.

20 hours ago, Kane99 said:

I actually downloaded it. But have yet to play it. How different is it compared to powerwas sim? With powerwash sim, the main missions don't really require you to keep an eye on water or cleaning liquids. You can run out I think because there's and option to buy cleaning liquids after each mission. But my supplies never ran out. 

I may try the challenge mode to see if that's where things get crazy. 

Brought it for less then a £1 then two days later it was free on epic, I myself have not played the game. Almost the same as powerwash where you go around cutting the green and with a percentage going up, then it goes to 99% and you take forever looking for that little part 😛 

GO grow and earn more money and buy better gear. 

4 hours ago, Empire said:

Brought it for less then a £1 then two days later it was free on epic, I myself have not played the game. Almost the same as powerwash where you go around cutting the green and with a percentage going up, then it goes to 99% and you take forever looking for that little part 😛 

GO grow and earn more money and buy better gear. 

Yup, that's how it was in power wash sim. I'd get to 99% and would have to figure out where the final bit of dirt is so I can 100% it. Has trouble with a few levels where it felt like I couldn't complete it. Was annoyed a few times when I have to climb to a high place to get the last bit of dirt. 

But, I always kept coming back to the next levels because it was still relaxing for a while. 🙂

On 8/3/2022 at 7:06 PM, Kane99 said:

I tend to stick with just the creative mode whenever I play by myself. I prefer just creating things, kind of like if you were playing with LEGOs and just built whatever. But I can't be bothered to play the survival mode anymore. Or if I do, it's not going to be me advancing in a story to some ender dragon. I'm going to build a house, farm, and keep building until I can then defend myself a lot easier. But I need to be playing with a group of friends in order to do that. 

You have a point about the creative mode in Minecraft being a bit better because when I jumped into playing on survival mode, I completely lost it. There was no way of getting that relaxation most people talk about in playing the game. 

Even when I had to go back to creative mode, I simply couldn't sync back well with it after leaving it for a while. 

Quick update about my recent post on power wash sim and lawnmower sim. I finally tried lawnmower sim, and honestly I hated it lol. It was not nearly as relaxing as powerwash sim lol. I did the first level and that was it. 

6 hours ago, Heatman said:

You have a point about the creative mode in Minecraft being a bit better because when I jumped into playing on survival mode, I completely lost it. There was no way of getting that relaxation most people talk about in playing the game. 

Even when I had to go back to creative mode, I simply couldn't sync back well with it after leaving it for a while. 

Yeah it's nice to just sit back, relax and make a little town, or house or anything without having to deal with enemies at night. I like building without having to mine stuff in order to do it. Creative mode let's you build endlessly. You don't lose supplies this way. 

But, eventually you may get bored, I which case, survival can be fun. I'd say get some friends together to play. You'll enjoy it a lot more I think.