Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games with a reputation for being relaxing that for you are frustrating?

2 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Quick update about my recent post on power wash sim and lawnmower sim. I finally tried lawnmower sim, and honestly I hated it lol. It was not nearly as relaxing as powerwash sim lol. I did the first level and that was it. 

Yeah it's nice to just sit back, relax and make a little town, or house or anything without having to deal with enemies at night. I like building without having to mine stuff in order to do it. Creative mode let's you build endlessly. You don't lose supplies this way. 

But, eventually you may get bored, I which case, survival can be fun. I'd say get some friends together to play. You'll enjoy it a lot more I think. 

When you play too much of a game for a long run, there's always the tendency of getting bored. It's not just in Sim games or even the supposedly relaxing games to play.

Once you take it too much more than your body and mind can take, it will get boring for you. I'm going to take your advice and have some friends to play the survival mode in order to see if I'd have any difference. 

Tetris and Puyo Puyo or the two combined would be my number one pick, because just when you are on a roll things are about to get frustrating and at some point in the game when you have to battle someone. You have to be either extremely good or have all the luck in the world.

Also rhythm games can frustrate me to no end, which i always was under the impression that rhythm games should be a relaxing experience. 

Maybe the whole management game genre would not be out of this place in this thread either, just when you think you are finally doing well. Things are about to take a turn and go south which makes them also quite frustrating imo.

On 8/6/2022 at 3:07 PM, Heatman said:

When you play too much of a game for a long run, there's always the tendency of getting bored. It's not just in Sim games or even the supposedly relaxing games to play.

Once you take it too much more than your body and mind can take, it will get boring for you. I'm going to take your advice and have some friends to play the survival mode in order to see if I'd have any difference. 

There was just too much going on with lawnmower sim. You have to do so much and if you make mistakes they take some of the money. I just want something that's chill like powerwash sim since it doesn't penalize you. It's just chill like that. 

13 hours ago, Justin11 said:

When I don't want to stress my arms or hand playing games, I just stick to racing games. Because it will enable me to relax anywhere around the corners of the room and enjoy moving around the tracks. 

Some racing games can be frustrating as well especially when you get into those time checkers or limit races where you're supposed to beat or win the race in a stipulated time. There's one where you're not supposed to drop speed below a certain limit, otherwise you'll lose. 

12 hours ago, Heatman said:

Some racing games can be frustrating as well especially when you get into those time checkers or limit races where you're supposed to beat or win the race in a stipulated time. There's one where you're not supposed to drop speed below a certain limit, otherwise you'll lose. 

I don't like those type much, even if I do test my hands on them. I enjoy racing without competition at times especially when I need video game to play and relax my body and not forcing myself hard to hit a certain milestone. 

16 hours ago, Justin11 said:

I don't like those type much, even if I do test my hands on them. I enjoy racing without competition at times especially when I need video game to play and relax my body and not forcing myself hard to hit a certain milestone. 

You're already in a direct competition when you're playing any racing game because the goal in there is for you to win the race either against the AI or a real life player depending on what you're playing. The time limit one's are just there to make it more agonising and difficult for you. 

On 8/8/2022 at 8:16 PM, Justin11 said:

When I don't want to stress my arms or hand playing games, I just stick to racing games. Because it will enable me to relax anywhere around the corners of the room and enjoy moving around the tracks. 

Racing games can be a bit frustrating at times because there are tracks  and competitions that you need to reach some certain points and achievements in terms of you number of drifts completed so you could get a five star which is essential for unlocking the next track.

And this goes for cars as well there are certain kind of cars which are required for the next mission and you need to have amassed enough in-game money by winning all previous competitions to be able to play the next one with the required car.

Trying to reach all this achievements actually makes the game a bit frustrating at times.

On 8/6/2022 at 3:07 PM, Heatman said:

With Lawnmower sim I just got annoyed with it. I didn't find it fun or relaxing like powerwash sim was. Because with powerwash sim, it didn't require much from you. You could buy cleaning supplies and all that, but I never felt like I was running out. And I thought I'd have to finish cleaning before I ran out, but you literally never run out. But with Lawnmower sim, you need to make sure you cut at the right length, don't cut flowers, and other things. you also have to be careful when moving, as you could damage the grass and be penalized. 

It wasn't chill enough for me essentially. With Powerwash sim, it didn't feel like a sim game, at least not like the other games. 

1 minute ago, Kane99 said:

With Lawnmower sim I just got annoyed with it. I didn't find it fun or relaxing like powerwash sim was. Because with powerwash sim, it didn't require much from you. You could buy cleaning supplies and all that, but I never felt like I was running out. And I thought I'd have to finish cleaning before I ran out, but you literally never run out. But with Lawnmower sim, you need to make sure you cut at the right length, don't cut flowers, and other things. you also have to be careful when moving, as you could damage the grass and be penalized. 

It wasn't chill enough for me essentially. With Powerwash sim, it didn't feel like a sim game, at least not like the other games. 

You're very correct about how the parameters set for playing Lawnmower sim is high in making it more challenging for you. As much as it's supposed to be a relaxing game, it requires you utmost attention in how you play with taking care of the tasks in the simulation. I haven't started playing Powerwash sim yet but from your insights on it, I believe it's less agonising to play. 

4 minutes ago, Heatman said:

You're very correct about how the parameters set for playing Lawnmower sim is high in making it more challenging for you. As much as it's supposed to be a relaxing game, it requires you utmost attention in how you play with taking care of the tasks in the simulation. I haven't started playing Powerwash sim yet but from your insights on it, I believe it's less agonising to play. 

The difference is that it's a more serious sim and is meant to be a bit more realistic. Powerwash sim is a lot more chill, in that there aren't any things weighing you down or slowing you down essentially. You just powerwash things. You can buy new nozzles and extensions, and that's really about it. But as you get near the end, the stuff you powerwash gets crazier. One of them is a statue in the desert, a temple, a UFO even, and so on. 

With most other sim games, they tend to be more realistic in nature, so they require you to do it a certain way. 

8 hours ago, Clasher said:

Racing games can be a bit frustrating at times because there are tracks  and competitions that you need to reach some certain points and achievements in terms of you number of drifts completed so you could get a five star which is essential for unlocking the next track.

And this goes for cars as well there are certain kind of cars which are required for the next mission and you need to have amassed enough in-game money by winning all previous competitions to be able to play the next one with the required car.

Trying to reach all this achievements actually makes the game a bit frustrating at times.

That's true, if you aren't winning in-game tournaments or race you wouldn't earn enough cash in the game to upgrade to a better car or vehicle that has better nitro. 

16 hours ago, Kane99 said:

The difference is that it's a more serious sim and is meant to be a bit more realistic. Powerwash sim is a lot more chill, in that there aren't any things weighing you down or slowing you down essentially. You just powerwash things. You can buy new nozzles and extensions, and that's really about it. But as you get near the end, the stuff you powerwash gets crazier. One of them is a statue in the desert, a temple, a UFO even, and so on. 

With most other sim games, they tend to be more realistic in nature, so they require you to do it a certain way. 

Yeah, it's the game's design that makes Lawnmower sim a big pain in the a**. It's something that you can't get into if you're not willing to give your 100% to it. It's supposed to be a relaxing game but how the game is designed for you to play makes it a big chore to deal with. 

On 8/10/2022 at 11:17 PM, Justin11 said:

That's true, if you aren't winning in-game tournaments or race you wouldn't earn enough cash in the game to upgrade to a better car or vehicle that has better nitro. 

That could be a bit frustrating, for the asphalt nitro racing games developed by Gameloft, you had to attain five Stars as well which means you must perform all the stunts as described at the beginning of the race and without that you can't upgrade to a better car and as well move on to other racing options.

Due to microtransactions you could just pay for the upgraded car instead but that only makes it more annoying in the end.

On 8/8/2022 at 10:08 PM, Kane99 said:

There was just too much going on with lawnmower sim. You have to do so much and if you make mistakes they take some of the money. I just want something that's chill like powerwash sim since it doesn't penalize you. It's just chill like that. 

I was discussing the game lawnmower sim with one of my colleagues after work yesterday because he was thinking about getting into a new sim game after paying Goat Simulator. So, I mentioned lawnmower sim and he was like that's not a game you can trifle with without getting a big penalty for it. He told me that he had to stop playing it at one point because he was losing more money than he makes from it.