Register Now
DC

GTA 6 will feature a Latina female protagonist

Jason Schreier at Bloomberg has reported that GTA 6 is going to feature a Latina female protagonist who will be one of the two main characters, whom he compares to Bonnie and Clyde. As you might already know, the game setting will be Miami.

Are you excited about what we know so far about the characters and setting of GTA 6?

I like this idea. It sounds like they're sticking to multiple characters, this time two, but that's probably more manageable. And setting it in a Miami like setting would be great. I kinda hope it's in the 80s or 90s, in Vice City. That would be so good to revisit that time. Wonder if they were going to try to get Ray Liotta back before he passed. If in Vice City, wonder if they would have brought back Tommy. 

39 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

It's fine actually - as long she's well written like prior protagonists and has a unique personality, I think it'd do well. On another note, I wonder if they'll bring back skill improvement system from San Andreas.

Well with it being Rockstar I would hope the main character is well written, otherwise what's the point right? I really would love for them to bring a lot of what GTA SA and GTA IV did, and a mix of some GTA V stuff. 

It just feels like newer GTA's are going backwards in some aspects of the franchise. They take so many things out. I'd love to be able to make my character fat like in GTA SA, or taller or skinnier if I so choose. 

51 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Well with it being Rockstar I would hope the main character is well written, otherwise what's the point right? I really would love for them to bring a lot of what GTA SA and GTA IV did, and a mix of some GTA V stuff. 

It just feels like newer GTA's are going backwards in some aspects of the franchise. They take so many things out. I'd love to be able to make my character fat like in GTA SA, or taller or skinnier if I so choose. 

The reason I said that is because most of the females from prior games who were side characters were kind of dull. Most of them were generic stereotypes from the 80's/90's without the humor of a Trevor for instance. Yeah, we know Trevor is crazy but it's his unpredictable nature and eccentric expressions are what makes him a standout character. We need a female who stands out like that.

I'm more excited for this than I would be for yet another clichéd ganger guy. Not because it's a woman, but because it's not clichéd. To give GTA5 credit, the main characters... well,  some of them, weren't the seteriotypical type. So it just feels like a natural progression to me. One of America's most infamous drug barron's was a woman, but even if that wasnt true crime knows no gender. Anyone upset over this is pathetic.

Just now, m76 said:

Wasn't this kind of an open secret already? People have been asking for it since San Andreas.

It was rumored to be a possible female protagonist years ago. But people have also requested there be a female protagonist for years now like you said. I think it'll happen, but this could just be a repeat of the previous rumor. I'm down with it happening, and can't wait to get more details about the story. 

But, part of me worries that it's all rumors and we could be seeing male leads again. 

11 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

It was rumored to be a possible female protagonist years ago. But people have also requested there be a female protagonist for years now like you said. I think it'll happen, but this could just be a repeat of the previous rumor. I'm down with it happening, and can't wait to get more details about the story. 

But, part of me worries that it's all rumors and we could be seeing male leads again. 

In my eyes GTA doesn't have a very good track record, or I'd rather say Rockstar games in general, is very hit and miss with the player characters. More often than not they are unlikable and unrelatable to me. So I'm more worried about getting a character again that I'd rather see get rekt than succeed.

59 minutes ago, m76 said:

Wasn't this kind of an open secret already? People have been asking for it since San Andreas.

Yeah, it had been rumored for a few years now since GTA 6 was first mentioned. Personally, I just want one that's well written - most of the female characters from prior GTAs were pretty bland compared to their male counterparts.

I could see them adding the GTA V version of San Andreas to the west and a remastered GTA IV Liberty City to the north, since they are already made it would be fairly easy to add them. Maybe eventually even add modern versions of San Fierro and Las Venturas as full expansions. Who knows. then again Given their strong history of DLC with RDR2 and GTAV, I have all the optimism in the world that these locations will add to the campaign and SP play and not be evidence of the transition to a live service game.

19 hours ago, m76 said:

In my eyes GTA doesn't have a very good track record, or I'd rather say Rockstar games in general, is very hit and miss with the player characters. More often than not they are unlikable and unrelatable to me. So I'm more worried about getting a character again that I'd rather see get rekt than succeed.

I think for the most part, most GTA characters are meant to be disliked. Considering we always play characters who have done bad things and still do, it makes sense you wouldn't relate to them. I think that's the way GTA works, in that your character is usually just as bad as the people you're killing in game. Who wants to relate to Trevor or CJ or any of the main characters in the series? 

And that's why I think we take control of our own avatars in GTA online. 

On 8/4/2022 at 10:19 AM, Kane99 said:

I think for the most part, most GTA characters are meant to be disliked. Considering we always play characters who have done bad things and still do, it makes sense you wouldn't relate to them. I think that's the way GTA works, in that your character is usually just as bad as the people you're killing in game. Who wants to relate to Trevor or CJ or any of the main characters in the series? 

And that's why I think we take control of our own avatars in GTA online. 

To be fair, Trevor may be a psycho but he's probably one of the most popular GTA main characters and also the funniest. Every time you see Trevor in a cutscene, you automatically start laughing because it's either he's going to do say something so random you're like what? or he does something wild.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

To be fair, Trevor may be a psycho but he's probably one of the most popular GTA main characters and also the funniest. Every time you see Trevor in a cutscene, you automatically start laughing because it's either he's going to do say something so random you're like what? or he does something wild.

I feel Trevor is a bit overrated these days. He gets too much love if anything. He is a horrible human being in GTA, I don't think we're ever supposed to sympathize with him, or care for him really. Michael and Franklin aren't as awful, because they aren't monsters compared to him. Of course, they aren't perfect, as they too are pretty awful people in terms of what they do throughout the game. 

But yeah, it'll be nice to change the main character up a bit. Maybe this female protagonist will be more human, or maybe she will be just as bad as the other characters in the series. 

On 8/3/2022 at 8:26 PM, m76 said:

You're right about that, it's been asked for them to do that for a very long time. The good thing is that they have finally decided to give gamers something they have yearned for. Let's wait and hope they put more effort in writing the character well.