Register Now
Kane99

Red Dead Redemption 2 bug means even NPCs are leaving Red Dead Online

Source: https://www.pcgamesn.com/red-dead-redemption-2/bug-red-dead-online

Well well, more bad news for RDR2 online, as a new bug is causing the removal of NPCs and even animals. Some people have reported in the PC version, that NPCs are outright disappearing, stables are empty, the streets of Saint Denis are empty, even animals aren't spawning now. This only seems to be happening for the PC version though, no news on consoles yet, but if this continues, who's to say it won't cause issues with console versions too. 

Do you think Rockstar will address this and sort it out? 

13 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

They no longer plan to support the game so I highly doubt it. I'd be very surprised if they could be bothered - there are other more minor bugs that could be easily fixed but Rockstar doesn't care about RDR Online.

They could at least fix these types of bugs to allow gamers to still enjoy the online mode. But if there is no NPCs and animals, there is literally no point to play it. There's only so much you can do when it's just players online, because then it'll just be the players killing each other. But, if this is to never be fixed, you can count RDR online officially dead. 😞

27 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

They could at least fix these types of bugs to allow gamers to still enjoy the online mode. But if there is no NPCs and animals, there is literally no point to play it. There's only so much you can do when it's just players online, because then it'll just be the players killing each other. But, if this is to never be fixed, you can count RDR online officially dead. 😞

Those of us who have been playing it for a while came to that conclusion and that was long before Rockstar said anything.

18 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

Those of us who have been playing it for a while came to that conclusion and that was long before Rockstar said anything.

Well this bug is newer, and has just started happening. With them no longer supporting it, I hope they will jump back to at least fix this. If they have officially abandoned RDR2 online, then they should remove all options to buy currency, because what's the point of giving that option to gamers if the game is broken now? 

21 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Well this bug is newer, and has just started happening. With them no longer supporting it, I hope they will jump back to at least fix this. If they have officially abandoned RDR2 online, then they should remove all options to buy currency, because what's the point of giving that option to gamers if the game is broken now? 

Well Rockstar is greedy so course they won't remove the options to buy currency with real money. I understand where you're coming from but I've already made peace with the fact that the Rockstar of today is a far different company than the one I grew up knowing. Both in terms of how they operate and how they support their games.

I was going to get RDR2 and yet been delaying it as I'm waiting the the price to be right, with all this online crap going and how it's turning into, I do not think that I will get it now 😛 unless you are only into the story plot as in Single-Player or do FiveRed. 

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Well Rockstar is greedy so course they won't remove the options to buy currency with real money. I understand where you're coming from but I've already made peace with the fact that the Rockstar of today is a far different company than the one I grew up knowing. Both in terms of how they operate and how they support their games.

I just think, if they drop support for online, including fixing issues, then maybe it's time they just let people mod the online side. I think it would make a lot more sense if they just drop their support.

On top of that, if a game no longer has support, why should there then be options to buy currency? Like I feel that is wrong when the online mode is barely popping. 

On 8/4/2022 at 6:07 AM, Empire said:

I was going to get RDR2 and yet been delaying it as I'm waiting the the price to be right, with all this online crap going and how it's turning into, I do not think that I will get it now 😛 unless you are only into the story plot as in Single-Player or do FiveRed. 

RDR Online is a separate game from the original RDR2 which is entirely single-player. The original RDR2 is fantastic but I wouldn't mind if they could release more DLC content for it. RDR Online on the other hand, is a great concept with lots of potential but Rockstar hasn't attempted to give it the same amount of support as GTA online so the game is more or less dead.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

RDR Online is a separate game from the original RDR2 which is entirely single-player. The original RDR2 is fantastic but I wouldn't mind if they could release more DLC content for it. RDR Online on the other hand, is a great concept with lots of potential but Rockstar hasn't attempted to give it the same amount of support as GTA online so the game is more or less dead.

I wouldn't say separate so much as it's included with RDR2, but you are able to download RDR2 online separately if you want just the online mode. But with it starting to die down a bit, I don't know if there's a point to buy it. Oh yeah, you still need to buy the online mode if you want to play it. 

Maybe with RDRO losing support, maybe they will make that portion free to play and open it up some more. That'd be pretty dope. 

18 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It's not as famous as to GTA Online, seems that far less people and the numbers are gong down and I see them not going to keep it online as they  as just not making money 😛 I mean I rather just get FIveRed going, it's a mod that allows you to be a cop 😛 on a private server based. 

5 hours ago, Empire said:

It's not as famous as to GTA Online, seems that far less people and the numbers are gong down and I see them not going to keep it online as they  as just not making money 😛 I mean I rather just get FIveRed going, it's a mod that allows you to be a cop 😛 on a private server based. 

RDR2 online was never going to be able to compete with GTA online. There's just so much more to do in GTA online compared to rdr2. 

There's just so much more you can do, and with rockstar focussing again on that and a future GTA, I feel like rdr2 online is officially dead. 

I haven't heard much since about this but, so maybe Rockstar did the good thing and fixed it. I feel like they would have to patch something like that asap, even if they aren't supporting the game anymore. 

Rockstar have stopped supporting Red Dead Online for long time now. I'm not even sure if they would care about coming back to fix the bug. It's all down to the reality that Red Dead Online is dead in most cases. 

On 8/2/2022 at 10:45 PM, Kane99 said:

It was good while it lasted and that's it as it stands now. With how the game is running now, it's not even something that's good for the sake of killing time which is the least point of satisfaction it could give to any gamer who decides to play it.