Register Now
Kane99

Red Dead Redemption 2 bug means even NPCs are leaving Red Dead Online

11 hours ago, Heatman said:

Rockstar have stopped supporting Red Dead Online for long time now. I'm not even sure if they would care about coming back to fix the bug. It's all down to the reality that Red Dead Online is dead in most cases. 

There is still support, but it's very minimal to the point that it doesn't even matter. Rockstar recently released some small stuff in RDRO, but it was nothing worth anyone's time. Some gold bars I think and some tasks with an NPC. Nothing big essentially. 

4 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

When both people and animals have abandoned a specific region of the country, you know it's bad. From what I gather, even the fish are running down the road yelling FUCK THIS!

Oh for sure. I still don't know if this is still happening, but if it is, I hope Rockstar sorts it soon, at least for those who are still playing online. I have no intentions of spending anytime online again, as the ecosystem is just awful. But, maybe one day some modder will come in and set up a new server for people who still play the online mode. Would be cool to see mods and other goodies added too. 

22 minutes ago, Heatman said:

It was good while it lasted and that's it as it stands now. With how the game is running now, it's not even something that's good for the sake of killing time which is the least point of satisfaction it could give to any gamer who decides to play it. 

Eh I wouldn't say good, but okay lol. Sucks to see something potentially good squandered, but maybe things will change soon. 

28 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Eh I wouldn't say good, but okay lol. Sucks to see something potentially good squandered, but maybe things will change soon. 

I don't see them doing anything much on the game from now looking at the other game projects they have at hand which is obviously a priority for them. We would rather see them do something on Red Dead Redemption 3 then do anything on Red Dead Online. 

On 8/9/2022 at 5:19 PM, Heatman said:

I don't see them doing anything much on the game from now looking at the other game projects they have at hand which is obviously a priority for them. We would rather see them do something on Red Dead Redemption 3 then do anything on Red Dead Online. 

They won't do much of anything, true. But I think they will do some support fixes here and there when needed. They won't 100% drop support, at least not yet. They'll let things ease in, as they allow the user base to continue to die down, and once there's not many people playing anymore, they'll drop the support. 

The support they will give will be for bugs and other such things. And once the user base is down low enough, they'll probably let gamers go to town on the online mode. Kinda like what they did with GTA IV and RDR1 online. I can imagine those two games are a hacked mess now online. But maybe some people found a way to make the servers work again. 

9 hours ago, Kane99 said:

They won't do much of anything, true. But I think they will do some support fixes here and there when needed. They won't 100% drop support, at least not yet. They'll let things ease in, as they allow the user base to continue to die down, and once there's not many people playing anymore, they'll drop the support. 

The support they will give will be for bugs and other such things. And once the user base is down low enough, they'll probably let gamers go to town on the online mode. Kinda like what they did with GTA IV and RDR1 online. I can imagine those two games are a hacked mess now online. But maybe some people found a way to make the servers work again. 

Yeah, you're right. They will probably support it partially for as long as they think it's feasible to do so. The very moment that there's no longer any justifications for them to still pay any kind of attention to it, they will pull out of the project completely which will signal its death 100%.

13 hours ago, Heatman said:

Yeah, you're right. They will probably support it partially for as long as they think it's feasible to do so. The very moment that there's no longer any justifications for them to still pay any kind of attention to it, they will pull out of the project completely which will signal its death 100%.

Well they kinda have to if they plan to continue selling currency in game. I don't know what RDR2 has in terms of currency, I don't think they're called shark cards, maybe it's just currency idk. But in RDR2 you can buy gold bars I think, and those can be used to get you in game currency. So my guess is, they would have to remove that option altogether if they plan to stop supporting RDR2 online. Because I doubt they would want people to purchase a bunch of stuff in game, to only find out that the game is dead. 

14 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Well they kinda have to if they plan to continue selling currency in game. I don't know what RDR2 has in terms of currency, I don't think they're called shark cards, maybe it's just currency idk. But in RDR2 you can buy gold bars I think, and those can be used to get you in game currency. So my guess is, they would have to remove that option altogether if they plan to stop supporting RDR2 online. Because I doubt they would want people to purchase a bunch of stuff in game, to only find out that the game is dead. 

In Red Dead Redemption 2 Online, the currency used in the game is called Capitale if I remembered correctly. Rockstar might be greedy enough to allow that happen. It's not the first time we have seen video games companies go extra mile in taking gamers money.