Register Now
Kane99

MultiVersus

Has anyone here played this game yet? It's essentially a fighter game that showcases characters from many of Warner Bros catalog, including from the likes of Discovery, DC Comics, HBO, Turner Entertainment, and Cartoon Network. So there's potential for a ton of characters here. I know some of the Scooby Doo gang is in there, as I know Shaggy was one of the first ones announced, including Batman and many DC characters. 

It seems to be getting positive reviews and people seem to be enjoying it, and for it being free to play, I'm kinda tempted. But as I've said before, not too big on fighters, but with friends it may be a fun time. 

It truly is a testament to how sorry a state the game's industry is in when I can watch the trailer, read your post detailing the game and think "I'm liking this" to then feel a wave of foreboding dread wash over me when I see the words "free-to-play". We are at a point now where a game being free makes it less appealing. I did check out the IGN review and to the game's credit the monetisation doesn't seen too predatory and exploitative... for now.

I'll maybe give it a go.

Edited by Shagger

I've not forgiven WB over the treatment of Michael Forgey (read: exploiting his passing), but that doesn't necessarily mean I can't appreciate a good game when I see it. I wouldn't pay for this game myself, but I'm much more tempted to give it a go now than if it had a price-tag. The genre's not my thing but I like the concept well enough.

10 hours ago, Shagger said:

It truly is a testament to how sorry a state the game's industry is in when I can watch the trailer, read you post detailing the game and think "I'm liking this" to then feel a wave of foreboding dread wash over when I see the words "free-to-play". We are at a point now where a game being free makes it less appealing. I did check out the IGN review and to the game's credit the monetisation doesn't seen to predatory and exploitative... for now.

I'll maybe give it a go.

Yeah free to play is not always a good sign, but from what I saw so far, I have some hope in it. Then again I don't see myself playing it all too much, never been a smash fan, but with it being free to play, I can get more of my friends to join in and play. 

But there's always time for them to ruin things. 

I have seen quite a number of reviews and articles about this game. I heard a few kids in my neighborhood talking about it as well though I haven't considered playing it yet, but I like the storyline and the fact that you could play in a wide variety of characters (the Fortnite style) and it been free to play only give an impression that it would come with a lot of micro transactions too.

1 hour ago, Clasher said:

I have seen quite a number of reviews and articles about this game. I heard a few kids in my neighborhood talking about it as well though I haven't considered playing it yet, but I like the storyline and the fact that you could play in a wide variety of characters (the Fortnite style) and it been free to play only give an impression that it would come with a lot of micro transactions too.

Yeah as long as it doesn't go off the deep end and involve shady stuff, I think it'll succeed. If it can replicate what Fornite does, than I think it'll be fine. For the most part I think Fortnite does free to play the best. 

And I hope the characters are fairly cheap maybe less than what fortnite sells their skins for. But I imagine they'll try to match that, or it could even be more expensive. 

7 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Yeah as long as it doesn't go off the deep end and involve shady stuff, I think it'll succeed. If it can replicate what Fornite does, than I think it'll be fine. For the most part I think Fortnite does free to play the best. 

And I hope the characters are fairly cheap maybe less than what fortnite sells their skins for. But I imagine they'll try to match that, or it could even be more expensive. 

If they try to imitate fortnite In terms of their microtransactions and they make their characters a lot more cheaper to get I think many wouldn't bother much about it and still play it.

I just don't want them making it such a sucker by adding numerous microtransactions atleast paying for characters would be okay.

3 hours ago, Clasher said:

If they try to imitate fortnite In terms of their microtransactions and they make their characters a lot more cheaper to get I think many wouldn't bother much about it and still play it.

I just don't want them making it such a sucker by adding numerous microtransactions atleast paying for characters would be okay.

I just hope they aren't too pricey. Then again I don't know why I care so much, I probably won't play it for long anyway. But we'll see. If they can somehow make characters cheaper than what you'd pay in Fortnite, that would be pretty cool. But, I imagine each character has their own fight style and skills, so they could potentially be expensive. 

Also, I see Videogamedunkey made a video on it. He kinda goes in on it lol. Check it out below. 

On 8/8/2022 at 4:31 AM, Kane99 said:

I just hope they aren't too pricey. Then again I don't know why I care so much, I probably won't play it for long anyway. But we'll see. If they can somehow make characters cheaper than what you'd pay in Fortnite, that would be pretty cool. But, I imagine each character has their own fight style and skills, so they could potentially be expensive. 

Also, I see Videogamedunkey made a video on it. He kinda goes in on it lol. Check it out below. 

I like the idea of having various characters of different times and era of television history and matching them up to make a fighter game and I think I would play this game just to have a glimpse of what it's game play is like.

11 hours ago, Clasher said:

I like the idea of having various characters of different times and era of television history and matching them up to make a fighter game and I think I would play this game just to have a glimpse of what it's game play is like.

Same here. I don't think I ever intend to play this game for long. I mainly want to see how it is and see if any friends want to play it for a bit, maybe for a weekend or so. But after that I will probably end up going right back to Fortnite or RDR2 haha. It's just I'm not huge with fighting games, and I see no point in playing most of them. But I too like the character selection, so I am curious to at least give it a test run one of these days. 

11 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Same here. I don't think I ever intend to play this game for long. I mainly want to see how it is and see if any friends want to play it for a bit, maybe for a weekend or so. But after that I will probably end up going right back to Fortnite or RDR2 haha. It's just I'm not huge with fighting games, and I see no point in playing most of them. But I too like the character selection, so I am curious to at least give it a test run one of these days. 

Lol

Trying out new things is fun and I would give this a try as well.

Though there have been several games I considered playing in the past but when it was finally released I just changed my mind and didn't purchase it afterwards.

This game is definitely fun if you're playing online competitively, but if you're just a casual like myself who doesn't really care about playing online, there's not a lot the game offers to you. No single player content, no stock battles, no fun items. I'm hoping these are things that Player First Games are working on currently, because, right now, in my opinion, the game is pretty bare bones.

I tried it last night with a friend, and I wasn't feeling it. Of course we did 1v1 for a bit, and it was fun for a minute, but then I just got bored with it. Like the videogamedunkey vid said, it's probably better with 2v2 instead, as it's a lot more action going on. With the 1v1, it just felt lifeless and boring, nothing happening and was slow. But, the 2V2 was fun for a bit. 

I'd like to see a 3V3 mode added maybe. But I don't know if that would work. Also, they need to add more levels. I'm sure they will though. 

On 8/10/2022 at 5:30 PM, Kane99 said:

I tried it last night with a friend, and I wasn't feeling it. Of course we did 1v1 for a bit, and it was fun for a minute, but then I just got bored with it. Like the videogamedunkey vid said, it's probably better with 2v2 instead, as it's a lot more action going on. With the 1v1, it just felt lifeless and boring, nothing happening and was slow. But, the 2V2 was fun for a bit. 

I'd like to see a 3V3 mode added maybe. But I don't know if that would work. Also, they need to add more levels. I'm sure they will though. 

This review was much needed at this time because I was already considering trying out the game.

Atleast now I wouldn't be expecting too much from it but I would still give it a try.

On 8/12/2022 at 12:04 PM, Clasher said:

This review was much needed at this time because I was already considering trying out the game.

Atleast now I wouldn't be expecting too much from it but I would still give it a try.

Yeah idk if I would play it again. I've never been a big fan of fighting games, and neither smash bros. It was fun for a bit, but I feel like I got out of it all I needed.