Register Now
Kane99

Frogun

Has anyone here heard about this new 3D platformer? I'm getting vibes of an older frogger game I played. I think it was a frogger adventure game on the PS1 back in the day. Reminds me a lot of that, but also reminds me of more recent Mario games. It looks pretty fun, and is going to be on Switch, PC, Xbox and PS consoles. 

Does this game look fun to you? I'm really tempted to check it out. It looks like a lot of fun to me. 

I've played about the first hub world and it's a really good game. The frog-gun (or 'frogun') mechanics take some getting used to, especially if you're in a hurry and need to get off your current platform to reach one in the distance that's too far for jumping, but otherwise it's solid. Think Klonoa and Captain Toad: it's one of those treasure tracking games that uses the proper 2.5D perspective innovations to make the most of the scenery.

I reckon I'll write an article, or post one here about it. It's been a while since I did a review of a game like this.

9 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

I've played about the first hub world and it's a really good game. The frog-gun (or 'frogun') mechanics take some getting used to, especially if you're in a hurry and need to get off your current platform to reach one in the distance that's too far for jumping, but otherwise it's solid. Think Klonoa and Captain Toad: it's one of those treasure tracking games that uses the proper 2.5D perspective innovations to make the most of the scenery.

I reckon I'll write an article, or post one here about it. It's been a while since I did a review of a game like this.

Sounds appealing enough to me. How much does it go for, do you know? If it's not too pricey I may eventually pick it up soon. 

I'm kinda in need of some retro style nostalgia. This reminds me a lot of Mario and a few others. And it seems we don't get many copy cats like it. 🙂

11 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Sounds appealing enough to me. How much does it go for, do you know? If it's not too pricey I may eventually pick it up soon. 

I'm kinda in need of some retro style nostalgia. This reminds me a lot of Mario and a few others. And it seems we don't get many copy cats like it. 🙂

It's currently 20% off its £11.99 price tag for another 5 days on Steam. I've played it some more and it hasn't got any better or worse, so that's good.

2 hours ago, Withywarlock said:

It's currently 20% off its £11.99 price tag for another 5 days on Steam. I've played it some more and it hasn't got any better or worse, so that's good.

Oh nice, I'm tempted to buy it, but I think I'll wait. Trying not to spend money on much these days, so will wait it out. Plus it's only $15 otherwise, so I think I can eat the cost when I eventually get to it. And who knows, maybe it'll be on sale then. 🙂 

It looks good for a platform game and it definitely feels like one of those games where precise jump is important, I like the simplicity of its game play and you could have a variety of areas to play.

I think you would  enjoy this game.

I never played the old frogger adventure game. I don't think that I ever came across it, otherwise I would have played it. 

From what I have seen in this new release of the game, it seems like it's going to be very interesting. 

On 8/7/2022 at 2:59 PM, Clasher said:

It looks good for a platform game and it definitely feels like one of those games where precise jump is important, I like the simplicity of its game play and you could have a variety of areas to play.

I think you would  enjoy this game.

I love the drag and pull of the gun in the game. There's a game I have played in the past that uses the same kind of shooting mechanics but I can't quite remember the name right now. It helps with your jumping very well.