Register Now
Nebulous

Volunteering

Do you or have you ever volunteered your time anywhere?

(such as at an animal shelter, senior citizen centers/nursing homes, library, meals on wheels, Hospitals, churches, rotary clubs, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, etc, etc)

Aye, that I do. For the most part, Jewish organizations wherein we suffuse goods to the needy around the States. I worked with them for about 14 years on and off when I could, because I like to hear how people are getting by and getting their life back in line with a little love and care. It was usually on T, W, S. But to be honest, when I wasn't there, someone else would fill in my spot if I had studies, which I still have to do.

There's a place here that i used to volunteer at. It's a place that is kinda hippie philosophy. Working for peace, health improvements, ending wars. Things like that. One thing I do on my own, is I go to Walmart and buy packs of 40 water bottles. They're like $5 so I usually get a couple. I go around and give them out to the homeless, and people working outside. The summers here are brutal, and I know what it's like to work outside all summer.

I don't think I have ever volunteered, but in my church we usually had departments like - music department, protocol, technical team and the likes, so I joined the technical and music department of my church and I guess that could be termed as volunteering as well.