Register Now
Nebulous

Going Bald

5 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I have a somewhat receding hairline and to be honest, I'm just going to let age take its course than mess with hair restoration products which all contain minoxidil which has very harmful effects for males.

I use rogaine/minoxidil for prevention. I am not aware of any side effects. It's pretty safe. I also take a biotin supplement, vitamin d supplement, and only wash my hair once per week to maintain the natural oils. These have worked well for me.

Propecia/finasteride is typically used for receding hairline and does have known side effects such as erectile dysfunction and reduced libido. 

Hypothetically, no. The prices of living hiking up would put me between the wolves and a cliff if I had to choose between it or hair products routinely. Besides, some people can wear their baldness quite charmingly when they can make it work for them like those weightlifters. I would look up to them for advise, if it were me.

Most don't know about female pattern baldness. As a woman ages her hair can significantly thin out. Personally I'm starting to see it, so I take a colagen supplement and have a prescription to Finasteride. It's helping a bit, but if it doesn't start to pick up, I'm thinking of either implants, or some kind of restoration technique.

Probably not. My hair hasn’t fell out at my age yet, so by the time it does, I’d be at the age where it’s “normal” to see a guy with thin/balding hair.

If I was balding in my 20’s, I’d have used some products, but I dodged that bullet.

11 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

Typically women don't go bald in the traditional sense. If a woman does go bald it's typically if she shaves her head or is a chemo therapy patient. But as for full on baldness, you're not going to see a female Dr Phil.

You're right. Because if that's possible my mom should've gone bald by now since all her male siblings went bald. That's a big advantage for the ladies, and a real messed up for men whose origin comes with baldness. 

I've noticed that my hair is thinning out a bit especially when i put my hair in a ponytail that it isen't as thick as it used to be but so far i don't really notice anything strange yet so it doesn't bother me just yet. 

I'd probably would nature let run it's course, going bald is nothing to be ashamed off and besides i've had long hair since i was 16 orso so maybe rocking the shaved head + beard look would be the next logical step in my life as it could be a sign that i finally grew up lol.

Edited by Yaramaki

Baldness is a dominant Gene from my dad's side, my younger and older siblings are already having receding hairline which is a first sign of baldness, but so far my hairline has remained intact and I feel that Gene pool is recessive in my DNA.

I don't want to go bald, that's why I Don't get an haircut from just any barber, I spend thousands in my currency every month for a professional haircut and I don't cut my hair regularly I allow them grow and cut them once a month.

On 8/3/2022 at 11:34 PM, DC said:

I use rogaine/minoxidil for prevention. I am not aware of any side effects. It's pretty safe. I also take a biotin supplement, vitamin d supplement, and only wash my hair once per week to maintain the natural oils. These have worked well for me.

Propecia/finasteride is typically used for receding hairline and does have known side effects such as erectile dysfunction and reduced libido. 

The thing is they have things called DHT blockers that in the long term will affect your hormone balance in the body which is different than herbs that do the same thing because the herbs have compounds that will excrete the excess from the human body. Collagen, Vitamin C and vitamin B supplements are the best bet - personally I just go natural with consuming things like Bee Pollen that has the recommended daily dosage of Vitamin B plus I eat lots of fruits and a good amount of veggies every day so I get my daily dosage of vitamin C  along with grass-fed collagen because it'll be better utilized by the body.