Register Now
Withywarlock

Favourite Achievements/Trophies in Games?

Recently I've got back into PC Building Simulator, and discovered one of the achievements for its IT Expansion is "PC Load Letter": Fix 5 printers by hitting them. Between that I was playing Just Cause 2, which has a lot of achievements for grappling enemies like Pinata Party (kill 30 enemies with melee while they're suspended by the grappling hook) or Juggler (kill 30 enemies while they're suspended in the air).

Both got a giggle out of me, and I was wondering if viewers here might have some particularly amusing or otherwise enjoyable achievements or trophies in games.

There was an achievement in Mirror's Edge, that when you jumped on an enemies head, you'd get an achievement saying something about jumping on enemies heads to kill them. In reference to Super Mario. Another I recall was in the Simpsons for just click start. I think you get an achievement for 0G on Xbox 360 lol. 

There's other games that have had some cool achievements, but I'm not recalling any. 

Achievements don't fuss me one bit, it feels great to received them however end of the day it's just a image 😛I can spend hours and months working my numbnuts off to earn that achievement and for what, wasted my life. I rather earn achievements that I know that I'm going to benefit from it you know. 

For GTAIV, I have all of the achievements for it 😛 YEAH BABY.

8 hours ago, Empire said:

Achievements don't fuss me one bit, it feels great to received them however end of the day it's just a image 😛I can spend hours and months working my numbnuts off to earn that achievement and for what, wasted my life. I rather earn achievements that I know that I'm going to benefit from it you know. 

These days I don't bother with them that much. I have over 100,000 gamerscore on xbox and honestly haven't felt bothered to get every achievement in a game. If it happens, cool, if not, also cool.

There are some games I have 100% including the achievements. But it's not many to be honest. Most of the games I play, I rarely 100%. But I do sometimes try, but if it requires collecting random items throughout the world, I probably won't do it. 

15 hours ago, Kane99 said:

These days I don't bother with them that much. I have over 100,000 gamerscore on xbox and honestly haven't felt bothered to get every achievement in a game. If it happens, cool, if not, also cool.

There are some games I have 100% including the achievements. But it's not many to be honest. Most of the games I play, I rarely 100%. But I do sometimes try, but if it requires collecting random items throughout the world, I probably won't do it. 

End of the day what do you benifit from it? Nothing really right. 

Uless you get money or another gamer for doing it 😛 that's epic heheheheh Anyway people love doing it and others not

5 hours ago, Empire said:

End of the day what do you benifit from it? Nothing really right. 

Uless you get money or another gamer for doing it 😛 that's epic heheheheh Anyway people love doing it and others not

True, it just looks good on my profile that's it lol. I swear Xbox were going to make a system where you could use your game score for things. And I swear I heard this rumor kinda recently with the release of the xbone. I think they announced plans to release exclusive things that you could use your gamer score for. Or maybe that was some April fool's joke lol, I don't remember. But it would be cool to get something from it. 

Currently fairly close to hitting 150k gamerscore myself, but the hunt and motivation went away for achievements as soon i hit 100k a few years back. If i diden't have to change gamertags because my girlfriend at the time paid for xbox live so i let her keep the id we both shared after we broke up, i'd probably have way more then that but eh it's just a number to me these days. It's so easy to boost your score if you're down with playing shit game after shit game these days that it doesen't even feel like an accomplishment anymore. Microsoft and sony really need to start thinking about overhauling their achievement and throphy system alltogether.

There are two that always stuck with and that is in a game called Bullet witch where you would get 1 gamerscore for beating the game on hell mode which would unlock after you beat the game, by then you pretty much had every other achievement bar that 1 gamerscore, always tought that was a funny one.

The other being in lollipop chainsaw where you had to try and look under the skirt of juliet if successfull you would unlock 5 gamerscore.

Usually the best achievements are where you have to go out of your way to do something weird or achievements that encourage you to play in different styles that the gameplay has to offer.

2 hours ago, Yaramaki said:

Currently fairly close to hitting 150k gamerscore myself, but the hunt and motivation went away for achievements as soon i hit 100k a few years back. If i diden't have to change gamertags because my girlfriend at the time paid for xbox live so i let her keep the id we both shared after we broke up, i'd probably have way more then that but eh it's just a number to me these days. It's so easy to boost your score if you're down with playing shit game after shit game these days that it doesen't even feel like an accomplishment anymore. Microsoft and sony really need to start thinking about overhauling their achievement and throphy system alltogether.

There are two that always stuck with and that is in a game called Bullet witch where you would get 1 gamerscore for beating the game on hell mode which would unlock after you beat the game, by then you pretty much had every other achievement bar that 1 gamerscore, always tought that was a funny one.

The other being in lollipop chainsaw where you had to try and look under the skirt of juliet if successfull you would unlock 5 gamerscore.

Usually the best achievements are where you have to go out of your way to do something weird or achievements that encourage you to play in different styles that the gameplay has to offer.

Yeah once I hit the 100,000g score I kinda stopped caring about getting it even higher. I still try to get achievements, but I not longer hunt for them like I used to back in the day. I think I'm around 120,000G right now. But haven't checked in a while. 

On 8/5/2022 at 11:58 AM, Empire said:

They only mattered to me that much when I was playing Fortnite in 2019. I aced almost 50% of all the achievements in the game because I was very much hooked up to the game. If anyone told me, I'd stop playing the game that much now, I would never believe it. 

10 hours ago, Heatman said:

They only mattered to me that much when I was playing Fortnite in 2019. I aced almost 50% of all the achievements in the game because I was very much hooked up to the game. If anyone told me, I'd stop playing the game that much now, I would never believe it. 

I couldn't get into the base game. I only played the likes of battle royale and some of the save the world stuff. Didn't advance much in save the world, but I think there are achievements in that mode and some of the others. I don't think they have achievements in the battle royale mode. Well maybe I'm wrong, because there's like stats, but I rarely bother checking it.

I was able to add two trophies to my cabinet in Top Eleven Football Manager last season which took my tally to 50th trophy for playing for 83 seasons. I'm 4th in the league table this season, out of cup tournament but trying to qualify for the round of 16 in Champions League but it looks I'm bound for Europa League. 

XRecorder_23092022_092007.thumb.jpg.ce284aad451d7785e5bb8d911401befe.jpg

XRecorder_23092022_092253.thumb.jpg.28e15200c0c6fc8254fd96ab192d269a.jpg

XRecorder_23092022_092059.thumb.jpg.5fb17abf2ddef9350df2c6f823951f0f.jpg

XRecorder_23092022_092455.thumb.jpg.68d576eae457f2a34cce32ec47d1492c.jpg

6 minutes ago, runswithspatulas said:

my favorite achievement was my first ever solo victory royale in fortnite. out of the year or so that i played, i only had 2. both were amazing!

That's tremendous to hear, it's been a while I played Fortnite, but back then it used to be amazing game to play and compete with the very best in the game. My favourite trophe is the one I enjoy winning an online gamer via FIFA, or Motorcycle GP online exhibition race.